PDA

View Full Version : Ack!!!

aly
11-14-2001, 11:49 AM
I just made a post (I've got an idea) and when I click on it, it doesn't go to my post, it goes to LabLover's post where she tried to post a picture of Sadie!

:eek: Is my post lost?

Rottie
11-14-2001, 11:52 AM
Yeah I noticed that too. I'm glad it's not just me! Wonder what's going on. :confused:

AdoreMyDogs
11-14-2001, 11:53 AM
I noticed that too...strange. Hopefully Karen or Paul will chime in...I want to read your idea!!!!! :eek:

aly
11-14-2001, 11:55 AM
I just emailed Karen about it. I'm going to hit the Back button a bunch of times right now and see if I can get back to the screen where I typed my post. Then I'll copy it over here.

aly
11-14-2001, 11:57 AM
Ok, phew, the Back button worked so I copied the post. Here it is:

I was just looking at the picture of Bella and Trevor that Pam posted in Cat General and I was thinking how beautiful it would look in a calendar. Then I remembered several years ago around Christmas time in the mall, there was a service where you could take 12 pictures, and they'd make it into a calendar for you. Then I thought about trying to gather some Pet Talkers pictures to make calendars to send to those of you on the Xmas card list. But I didn't know how many were on the list and wasn't sure if I could gather pictures everyone would like without everyone knowing what I was going to do with them.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this? If anyone wants to send me their favorite picture, I can try to hunt down a calendar making service. The only problem is we could just have 12 pictures. If a lot of people want to do it, we could get in groups of 12?

Or is this a stupid idea?

shais_mom
11-14-2001, 12:05 PM
That is a great idea!! My sister does this every year for Christmas. She gets them done at the local copy shop. In Marysville OH it is Kinkos.
There will be considerable expense with this, let us know how much they would be to make up and send s/h. My sister gets them made for just about everyone in the family.

aly
11-14-2001, 12:12 PM
Oh thanks for the info Staci. I just looked up on the Kinkos website and they had a little thing about photo calendars but said the prices vary by location. I'll call my local Kinko's and see how much it will be. Here is what the website said about them:

Photo-A-Month Deluxe Calendar
Create a year of wonderful memories for everyone on your list by adding your favorite photos to our Photo-A-Month Deluxe Calendar. This 8.5"x 11" flip calendar features 13 color or black and white photos - one for each month, plus another for the cover.

Bright Idea
Horizontal formatted photos work best for this calendar.

aly
11-14-2001, 12:17 PM
Ok, at my Kinko's, the first one made is $29.99 and each additional is $24.99. If anyone is interested, email me or post here and I can get one put together. Those interested can just send $25 along with a picture and I'll cover the S&H.

But first I guess we need to see exactly how many people want to do it.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

Logan
11-14-2001, 12:34 PM
Aly,
I think MailBoxes, Etc. will do the same thing. Don't know the price though.
One of my friends did it for me for Christmas one year, with a whole year, full of Helen!! It was priceless.
Logan

zippy-kat
11-14-2001, 01:06 PM
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT idea....

Aly ~ I think Walmart will make them too?

tatsxxx11
11-14-2001, 04:39 PM
Aly, my message to LabLover started on one thread, ended on another. I am CONFUSED!! :confused: Are there two calender posts? Oh well...But, I think the calender is a great idea; I hope Sarah can get the beautiful Sadie finally posted here, and in the calender! She's been trying SO hard!! :)

crow_noir
11-14-2001, 04:40 PM
I'm just wondering, there's a calander format on my computer, that goes by week. I was thinking, if you got LOTS of photos and the cost wouldn't be outrageous, perhaps one of th ebusiness mantioned would do a calander that would have a photo by the week calander. ...just an idea.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-14-2001, 10:55 PM
Hmmmm.... I don't have a clue on what happened, I can't even find the topic! :confused: I'm confused, too!

Aly, I think the calandar is a wonderful idea!!! I hope I can post a pic of Sadie here, so maybe she can be in the calandar!

Sarah & Sadie*

delidog
11-15-2001, 05:37 AM
what a great idea!!!!! i would love to make a collage of photos of all our pet talk friends!!!! it would be beautiful framed and hung in my living room!!!!! the deli dog ;) :D