PDA

View Full Version : Oscar at the vet this morning - good update #20

Catty1
12-12-2013, 10:21 AM
A few months ago Oscar developed a wart-like growth under his chin. I took him to my vet; her gut feeling was that it was nothing.

Oscar grew two more of them. Long story short, he is getting the general anesthetic and having all 3 removed, along with a small tag found under his armpit. I added the basic blood panel; it's been almost two years since his geriatric one.

We'll get the results next Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully they are all benign.

We could have gone with sedation, freezing and removing one - but might have had to do the general and remove them all in the future. I figure this is the least expensive and best way to go.

I'll have my dozy boy home after 3 pm. Would appreciate good thoughts and prayers. Thanks! :)

phesina
12-12-2013, 10:41 AM
We are all sending along our prayers and good wishes and healing energies for dear Oscar.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mbsmum
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Good wishes and healing prayers on the way to Oscar.

Litterati
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Blessings for Oscar, that he come home safe and sound and on the road to improved health situation.

Karen
12-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Hope they are all nothing, and he'll be fine!

Catty1
12-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Well, I am glad I was paying down my credit card! :rolleyes::D

All lumps were removed and sent away. His blood panel was perfect. The vet checked his teeth during the surgery and the old FORL (feline ododontal resorption lesion) had come back on one tooth. The roots were already gone and the crown was broken in half and full of holes. That would have been very painful. However, it was an easy removal with the roots missing. Oscar will be sharing Cole's Metacam for several days, he'll be on antibiotics for 10 days, and the stitches from the growths will come out in 10 - 14 days.

I hope the growths are nothing. I really do.

However, my green-eyed boy will be more comfy now with that tooth removed. Wet food for the next few days, which he loves.:love:

Thank you so much for all the well-wishes.:)

cassiesmom
12-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Dear Oscar -- and Cole and Zoe too :love:, HUGS and KISSES for sweet tabby cat boy, kitty brother and little sister! Big prayers for you!

Queen of Poop
12-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Glad Oscar came thru it just fine.

phesina
12-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Good news that the surgery went through all right. Continuing good wishes and prayers for you, Oscar, and for your family too!

Freedom
12-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Just seeing this, glad he is back home with you,

Prayers from RI for good lab results. I hate the waiting bit!

wolflady
12-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Glad he made it through and I hope the lab results show it's nothing to worry about! :)

Catty1
12-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks, everyone. I think I am in some kind of denial - that the growths won't be anything. I mean, nothing could happen to Oscar! But we all feel that about our furbabies, until it happens, and then it's a horrid shock.

I just got in and there was a phone message from my mom - she was awake several times during the night thinking about Oscar and how he's doing and what might happen.

I too hope that those growths are just 'old man kitty' things and nothing more.

phesina
12-13-2013, 12:19 PM
We are praying along with you, Candace, that "those growths are just 'old man kitty' things and nothing more."

Felicia's Mom
12-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Keeping Oscar and you in my prayers.

katladyd
12-13-2013, 01:20 PM
I just know those pesky old growths are nothing to worry about. I praying and sending good thoughts Oscar's way, but my motto (I try anyway) is not to worry until I have something to worry about. Oscar will be fine, I just KNOW it!:love:

Catty1
12-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Oscar had a nice long nap (or two) on my lap this afternoon! :):love: I can see his three incisions all stitched up - I have called him Frankenkitty a couple of times.

He is my heart kitty - but the other two are close behind. :love::love:

cassiesmom
12-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Kisses and lovies (gentle ones for Oscar) for Catty1's three kitties! :love: :love: :love: Oscar, I'm glad you are feeling well enough to snuggle with your meowmie!

Catty1
12-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Oscar never felt sick...but removing the three growths led to the discovery of the diseased tooth, which I was told would have been very painful. But Oscar sure is a bit more needy - which I just love! :):love:

phesina
12-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!

A win-win for both of you!

Catty1
12-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I was at the vet's to pick up cat food when my vet came in to finish up with a client - she asked me to wait, as the pathology was in - and it was good. :D

Each one of the three growths was a different one - and all of them benign!

So my little Frankenkitty will be with me for quite a while yet. He is back eating kibble today and happy about it.

Thanks for all your prayers and support! :love::love::love::)

Karen
12-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Each one of the three growths was a different one - and all of them benign!

Yay, that's good news indeed! :)

phesina
12-16-2013, 08:03 PM
HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Time for a few celebratory treats, at the very least!

smokey the elder
12-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Hurray for Oscar!:)

Catty1
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Oscar's not eating much. :( Maybe he needs pain meds a little longer than the vet thought. I'll do that tomorrow morning. AND get pill pockets for the antibiotics. :rolleyes: I give him some plain yogurt in between doses to help the good flora that the ABs destroy. He does like that stuff!

Litterati
12-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Terrific news from vet!!! Hope that Oscar gets back to his regular kitty-self soon. :)

mrspunkysmom
12-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Fantastic news. Hugs for all and scritches for the kittehs.

Catty1
12-19-2013, 06:59 PM
After a dose of Metcam this morning Oscar is much more himself this evening. Was interested in food - at least ate his Pill Pocket with the antibiotic in it - but again, didn't eat much.

I had stopped in at my vet this evening to get the Pill Pockets and more Metacam, and she has blocked off a half hour for me tomorrow morning. I just might take him in.