PDA

View Full Version : Dear Patch and Trillian

Lady's Human
03-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Forgive me for what I am about to do......

Queen of Poop
03-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Hoping for the very best of intro's.

chocolatepuppy
03-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Good luck!!! It will work out! Can't wait to see pics!:cool:

Lady's Human
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Pics will have to wait until later when her kids get home. They're the unofficial photography crew.

Lady's Human
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
On another note, it's REALLY hard to type when your arm is getting pulled out of socket by a pup!

Queen of Poop
03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
On another note, it's REALLY hard to type when your arm is getting pulled out of socket by a pup!

No picture needed, I can imagine.......

Lady's Human
03-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Well the intros went about as expected.

Patch arched his whole body and disappeared.

Trill had to be rescued, she ran for her hidey hole and hasn't been seen since.

Karen
03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
We look forward to continuing updates ... and are we taking bets on how long it will take Miss Trillian to reemerge?

Alysser
03-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Aw, I'm sure they'll forgive you! What did the pup think of them?

Lady's Human
03-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Angel just wasn't quite sure what to do with miss Trill, and backed off immediately when I told her NO! Patch wasn't around long enough to see a reaction. :p

chocolatepuppy
03-23-2013, 08:29 AM
My cats Missy and RB Sassy hid in the basement for a week when I brought Layla home.:( She was just too big of a puppy.
Jake was smaller than the cats and they did better with him.;)

Lady's Human
03-23-2013, 01:59 PM
by the way, we promise pictures tonight. It has been a day of chaos.

Alysser
03-23-2013, 02:15 PM
by the way, we promise pictures tonight. It has been a day of chaos.

I'll be waiting ;):D

Freckles
03-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Chaos?
Not caused by Angel, I hope.

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Good luck with everything. I look forward to seeing pictures.:)

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-23-2013, 08:29 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/041_zps8c2a3605.jpg

A rare moment of peace and quiet. A very short moment too.

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-23-2013, 08:30 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/024-2_zps7746e08f.jpg

Playing with a toy.

Karen
03-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Pretty purple harness you have, Angel! Welcome to the family! As she's half bulldog, of course, the harness is a must-have, as they have such thick necks and small heads, collars are NOT a guarantee to stay on! Especially on wriggly pups!

Lady's Human
03-23-2013, 08:53 PM
They gave us a choice of "accessories" at the shelter to take home with her. Given the thickness of her neck, I decided the harness would be better than the collar, but they still gave us a collar to put the tags on.

She's had a very good second day, the kids have been working with her on sit, stay, come, and lay down, and we haven't had any accidents in the house because the kids have been taking her out every time she starts sniffing like she needs to go.

luvofallhorses
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
She looks like she has made herself at home. :D Pretty girl! :love:

cassiesmom
03-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Hi, Angel! Welcome home :love:!

Karen
03-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Pssst - see an even better picture over in Thursdays!

Sharon_FL
03-24-2013, 01:14 AM
On the main forum I can't find a place to start a new thread anywhere! I have been here before and written, but dang, either I am blind or dumb tonight.... any help would be appreciated. The only place I could find to put this was as a reply to someone else's thread.... sorry....:(

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sheryn

Karen
03-24-2013, 03:13 AM
If you go to any of the forums, like "Dog General" and click inside the folder, you will then see a button, upper left, that says "Post new thread" - hit that and away you go! And welcome back!

chocolatepuppy
03-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Angel is adorable! :love:

Karen
03-24-2013, 07:29 PM
So, any more sign of Trillian? Have Patch and Angel begun to negotiate terms of living in the same house without mutual (or furniture) destruction?

Lady's Human
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Well, Patch has gotten a little curious about the new four legged thing, but not enough to leave the laundry room.

He has left from behind the dryer to sit on top of the dryer and observe.

Trill has taken up temporary residence in the bathroom, and we've moved their food and water out of the way of a certain ball of energy.

Karen
03-24-2013, 08:53 PM
I knew Patch's curiosity would begin to win out over his fear of the new scary beast! If you see Trill, give her a skritch from me, okay?

Sharon_FL
03-24-2013, 11:29 PM
If you go to any of the forums, like "Dog General" and click inside the folder, you will then see a button, upper left, that says "Post new thread" - hit that and away you go! And welcome back!

Unfortunately, I don't see any folder that I can click on. The only folders I see are the ones that contain the threads of the subjects submitted. Maybe it is my browser. I am on Firefox. I will check in later tomorrow on IE and see if I can see a folder that is clickable then... in the mean time... thank you very much!:)

Karen
03-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Unfortunately, I don't see any folder that I can click on. The only folders I see are the ones that contain the threads of the subjects submitted. Maybe it is my browser. I am on Firefox. I will check in later tomorrow on IE and see if I can see a folder that is clickable then... in the mean time... thank you very much!:)

Look at this post, and then scroll up. At the top of the page on the left, in the beginning of the white area, you will see a little "house" icon, then a tiny arrow that points to the word "Dog," then a tiny arrow that points to the words "Dog General" then a tiny arrow that points to "Dear Patch and Trillian" If you click on the Words "Dog General," that will take you into the Dog General sec ion. You will see all the current threads listed, but above that list, upper left, you will see "Post New Thread" and away you go!

Lady's Human
03-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Patch was actually sighted entering the livingroom tonight while we were eating dinner and Angel's attention was firmly focused on what was going on at the table.

I tried taking him out of the laundry room while Angel was out of the house on a walk with the short hoomans, and was rewarded with a set of clawmarks up my back! I'm NOT coming out, dad!!!!!

SOmeone is adjusting nicely to her new home, and has taken to curling up on the couch between LOH and I, shifting which human she's up against constantly. I think she's calming down and realizing that this is HOME!

cassiesmom
03-26-2013, 08:13 PM
SOmeone is adjusting nicely to her new home, and has taken to curling up on the couch between LOH and I, shifting which human she's up against constantly. I think she's calming down and realizing that this is HOME!

Yay, Angel! :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Well Angel was home alone for the first time yesterday. Oh boy, Fred had a meeting and had to do some shopping. While he was gone she manage to trash something from almost every room in the house, a box of tissues, a roll of toilet paper, two pairs of winter boots, a stuffy, a horsy change bank, to cans of cooking spray (at least the covers), managed to pour the water out of her water dish that was on the counter without knocking off the counter and had an accicent in the dining room.

Karen
03-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Um, at least most things were replaceable? It's okay Angel, this is gonna be your forever home, no need to worry when you are left alone ... someone will always come back!

Queen of Poop
03-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Well.....she's living up to her name.

Sounds like she's going to need some frozen KONG's and other chewy things to get her thru her separation anxiety.

Lady's Human
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
She has 'em, the issue is what's acceptable to gnaw on and what's not.

She's a quick learner, she has it mostly figgered out, there was only a small casualty this morning.

Lady's Human
03-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Dog aggressive.

Yep, the new pup is REALLY dog aggressive.

Sure she is.

That's why we had an old pup walking along with us for about 200 yds this morning on our walk with no incidents. They went nose to nose, checked each other out, and the old man walked with us for a while until we were out of his "territory".

Definitely a good day, she woke me up to go out, had no accidents, there were no traces of destruction, and Patch actually came out into the kitchen while the pup was there. (immediately scampered back into the laundry room when he realized he'd been seen, but it's a start!)

Karen
03-29-2013, 12:49 AM
Wooo hoo! Sounds like progress all around! Glad she showed no sign of her theoretical "dog aggression" when out on the walk! Makes me wonder if it was a one-time incident at the shelter and someone assumed the worst!

Lady's Human
03-29-2013, 01:01 AM
We're thinking that the people who adopted her from the shelter first just weren't ready for her, as she is an absolute bundle of spring steel at times, and she was just too much for whatever dog they had.

Alysser
03-29-2013, 09:44 AM
I am so glad to hear she's improved so much already! Dogs really do just need time to adjust, her first few days sound quit similar to Mikey's to be quite honest. So glad to hear she's happy, friendly with other dogs, and becoming well-mannered :) Good job, Angel!

Any more pics???

Lady's Human
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
No new pics as of yet, but a couple of observations:

She's as much of a bed hog in volume as Lady, though she's half Lady's size.

We're finally settling down to this being HOME!. There was a boxer and a beagle running around the yard, she barked, they left.

cassiesmom
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Dear Patch and Trillian,

How's things? How are you and Angel getting along? I hope it's going better each day!

Your fan,
Elyse

Lady's Human
04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Welll...

Someone has some red dots on her schnoz where Patch's claws met an over-inquisitive puppy nose.

Patch has been out and about at times, so we might actually be getting to some understanding. Not holding our collective breath, mind you, but it's getting there.

We should have pics of a sunning pup up later.

Lady's Human
04-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Patch has been getting brave, he was in teh bedroom last night for a while, checking in on stinkerbelle.

I FINALLY got a picture of someone on the back of the loveseat snoozing in the sunbeam!

pomtzu
04-09-2013, 12:20 PM
I FINALLY got a picture of someone on the back of the loveseat snoozing in the sunbeam!

So are you going to share it with us, or keep it all to yourself??????? :confused::rolleyes::p:D

Lady's Human
04-09-2013, 01:36 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/angelpup021_zps463295bb.jpg

Just napping in my sunbeam, and you have to go and disturb me!

And what's this flashy thing you keep pointing at me??????

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/angelpup008_zps8c36477a.jpg

Karen
04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Aww, Angel, don't blame Dad, he's just doing that because Pet Talkers asked him to! ;)

pomtzu
04-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Angel - if you get any more relaxed - your butt is gonna slide right down to the seat cushion. Maybe Dad needs to build you a window seat like kitties have. So what if it has to be big and well reinforced - you're worth the extra work - right????? ;):love:

Lady's Human
04-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Pom,

The only problem with that idea is what happens when I put the one in in the dining room for LOH to put her Christmas village on? Is someone going to sleep in the Christmas decorations? :p

pomtzu
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Pom,

The only problem with that idea is what happens when I put the one in in the dining room for LOH to put her Christmas village on? Is someone going to sleep in the Christmas decorations? :p

Is that what Patch and Trillian do???

Lady's Human
04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
There' be a little bit of a difference between a 15 lb cat (patch) and a 40 lb dog.

I build things solid, but there are limits. :p

pomtzu
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I build things solid, but there are limits. :p

Well - it would definitely be a challenge. And if you could come up with a successful and workable design, you could start a nice little business on the side. :p

Lady's Human
04-11-2013, 06:58 PM
AH well, so much for the walls in the house.

Patch and Angel have started playing together.......

My sleep was interrupted this morning by an earthquake in the livingroom.

Lady's Human
04-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Well, stinkerella is stinkerella no more.

1/2 of a beano before food and all is well. We can breathe again!

caseysmom
04-21-2013, 11:39 PM
[

Congratulations I am just learning about Angel, she is beautiful!

Karen
04-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Well, stinkerella is stinkerella no more.

1/2 of a beano before food and all is well. We can breathe again!

Yay! Good news indeed!

cassiesmom
05-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Dear Patch, Trillian and Angel --- How are you? I bet your young humans are having lots of fun playing with Angel! :D

Lady's Human
05-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Well...

Someone has decided that the larger 2-legged puppy is "her" human.

The evidence?

The past couple of mornings Angel had an accident in the hallway (it's on ceramic tile, if she's going to have an accident, we'd rather it be there).

Only problem?

It wasn't an accident.

She was filing a protest with the committee.

MJ had closed her bedroom door completely, and she couldn't open it to go curl up with her.

Proof?

We cracked open the door to the kids' rooms before I went to work.....Both kids were visited, and no more accidents.

Karen
05-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Isn;t it funny how animals decide who they belong to? Glad you figured out what the problem was!

cassiesmom
05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Well...

Someone has decided that the larger 2-legged puppy is "her" human.

The evidence?

The past couple of mornings Angel had an accident in the hallway (it's on ceramic tile, if she's going to have an accident, we'd rather it be there).

Only problem?

It wasn't an accident.

She was filing a protest with the committee.

MJ had closed her bedroom door completely, and she couldn't open it to go curl up with her.

Proof?

We cracked open the door to the kids' rooms before I went to work.....Both kids were visited, and no more accidents.

Awww, Angel! How cute of you to check on your young two-legged puppies! I'm glad the accidents/protests have stopped too :)