PDA

View Full Version : Call me nuts..

Husky_mom
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
as Iīm now fostering.. for real.. 5 lil chihuahuas.. ok.. basically 2.. a male black n tan long haired 7 month one.. and a white with spots long haired 2yr old female with 3 pups born jan 6th..

reason was the owner was moving to another city and unable to fly the wee pups.. so they surrender them to me.. ok not to me but I offered.. until they find a home.. I cannot keep them.. but I might find myself falling for one of the wee ones.. just too cute. aww..

momma is a bit barking and snarling.. totally understandable considering sheīs a momma with babies and doesnīt knows me..

the lil dude is very very friendly..seems heīs been forever.. he and Roger are together and seem ok.. only bad the barkking.. hehe..guess he misses home.. but I bet having a playmate will help until he finds a furever home

still no pics.. they just got here 1 hr ago.. donīt wanna stress them too much too soon.. esp momma.. poor lady was crying her eyes out because she had to leave them.. :(

lvpets2002
01-14-2011, 12:17 PM
:love: Awee how so Nice & Sweet of you to take the babies in.. Yes when you can pics please.. I will bet the wee ones are just cutie pies.. What does you son think of them??

Husky_mom
01-14-2011, 12:22 PM
he hasnīt seen them..heīs at school..

yes they are super cute.. two look like mom.. white spotted and another one is grey

Karen
01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Awwww, how nice that you were able to take them in, I'm sure she was heartbroken, but felt a little better knowing they'd be safe with you! And how fitting, Chihuahuas in Chihuahua!

Freedom
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
**giggle** I saw the thread title and thought, "what have you taken in NOW, Isabel?" He he hee :D

My goodness, what a crew! Hope all the babies are strong and growing! And that mom and the 7 month old calm down a bit, too.

Husky_mom
01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
hereīs the male.. isnīt he cute!

Freedom
01-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Aw hi handsome! What's YOUR name?

lute
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
What a cutie! I can't wait to see the rest of the family! I'm glad they are in good hands!

Scooter's Mom
01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
hereīs the male.. isnīt he cute!

Oooh he's a longhair! My dog growing up was like that - Shorty was his name. LOL original huh?

Hi sweetie!

kaycountrygal
01-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Oh My, How very good of you to take in those chihuahuas. Yes, I want to see baby pics but I suppose the mother dog will be very protective plus they're in a new place too. Little baby chi's... oh how cute they are I'm sure. My little sweetie LilGirl was just precious as a pup... and still is as a 2.5 yr old. The pic of the little long haired chi is cute. Kay in NC, Fri Jan 14

Husky_mom
01-14-2011, 02:42 PM
his name is Hercules.. ;)

as of right now he has already someone interested in him.. so if the home check and interview goes well.. heīll be scheduled for neutering and going to his furever home soon.. yay!!

happylabs
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh what an angel you are to take them in. I can imagine the owner was heartbroken to leave them. Hercules looks like such a sweet and handsome little guy. Can't wait to see the puppies.

K9karen
01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
What a sweetheart you are Isabel, for taking on the Chis! And with a new baby too. You amaze me. Hercules is so handsome. I love the longhairs. I guess your son has seen them by now...is he going Chi crazy???? Good that it's the weekend so you have extra help!

Husky_mom
01-14-2011, 10:50 PM
lol.. funny story.. when he saw Hercules he said.. "mom!! Roger had a baby!".. lol

obviously he wants to keep him.. lol.. so Roger has a twin brother to play with.. lol.. first baby now brother..

I have 2 more backup people who want him.. probably by monday Iīll know how the adoption application went..

momma n babies are still being left alone in the laundry room.. she has allowed only me to go in.. hehe.. still growls but not too much.. and allows me to place food n water and all.. she doesnīt lunges.. thatīs a plus
I gave her some chicken so she opens up a bit to me ;).. oh yeah, the bribery..lol

right not they are pretty quiet.. momma with babies and Hercules with Roger.. they seem to get along very good very fast.. nice puppers

anna_66
01-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Oh wow! How do you do it Isabel?! It was so sweet of you to offer to take the dogs, I know your going to find them all great homes.

Hercules is a cutie. Is the momma a long hair too? Can't wait to see the babies!

Husky_mom
01-15-2011, 11:28 AM
yes, momma is longhaired too..

will try to get pics in a few days ;) I did manage to see that one of the white puppies is a boy :) not sure about the others.. this one was upside down :p

Roger is having quite some fun today.. lol he and Herc are wrestling.. haha.. is funny on lil dogs

pomtzu
01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw the pic of Hercules, is that he looked sooo much like Roger. ;)

Are you sure that YOU don't want to keep him??? Your son would be ecstatic, I'm sure, as would Roger! :D

Husky_mom
01-15-2011, 12:50 PM
yeah.. lol.. but no.. I canīt.. not permanently though.. ;)

besides heīs almost adopted ;).. and IF/when I get another clan member itīd be a baby one so it gets used to the kitties too ;) so they can all be together and not separated in million spaces