PDA

View Full Version : False economy

Pawsitive Thinking
07-25-2008, 06:05 AM
We are in the process of buying some new couches and are training the boys not to go on the furniture before the new ones arrive.

They are doing really well but this does mean that if I want cuddle time I have to sit on the floor with them - so where is the point in new couches if I'm going to be spending most of my time on the floor :D:D

chocolatepuppy
07-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Ha ha Denise! That's our way of life with having furkids!:p

Seravieve
07-25-2008, 07:15 AM
SO TRUE!! We got a new sectional several months ago and the dogs are no longer allowed up.. It's sad really. So I sit on the floor a lot so we can cuddle. Or I come upstairs and cuddle with them in our bed. :D

anna_66
07-25-2008, 07:50 AM
I know exactly how you feel. Since we've bought our new bed the dogs are no longer allowed on it. They don't really seem to mind since they still sleep in the bedroom with us.
I miss them but love not have dog hair in my mouth:p

Taz_Zoee
07-25-2008, 09:08 AM
We got our couch that has a lounge section on it. We put a blanket over that part and that is where Zoee is allowed. She knows she is not allowed anywhere else on the couch. The cats, on the other hand, are allowed anywhere. Of course they are short haired, not long like Zoee.
Do you think you could add a blanket and make that their area? It may be difficult to do if it's just a regular couch. With the lounge thingy on ours it's bigger than the regular cushions.
Or you could get a nice big blankie and that can go on the floor for your cuddle time. :)

JenBKR
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Awwww Neesy! It's hard I know - although we don't let Roscoe on the couches because, well, he's flippin huge and then WE would be the ones on the floor :D so I have gotten used to having our cuddles on the floor. Sounds like you won't get to enjoy the new couches much either ;)

Freedom
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
When Marlin was surrendered to rescue (I was his foster mom for 5 months), he came with a comforter. I was told he knows he is only permitted on the comforter -- on the bed, sofa or floor.

Almost a year later, I am still lunging his darn comforter around for where-ever he wants to sit. He picks a spot and woofs! until his comforter arrives. He was well trained; and now he is training me! :rolleyes::D

lizbud
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I know what you mean. I use a large throw that covers the sofa & take it off for company.LOL.:)

Cinder & Smoke
07-25-2008, 04:53 PM
When Marlin was surrendered to rescue, he came with a comforter.
I was told he knows he is only permitted on the comforter --

Almost a year later,
I am still lunging his darn comforter around to where-ever he wants to sit.
He picks a spot and woofs! until his comforter arrives.

He was well trained; and now he is training me! :rolleyes: :D

THAT's too :cool:

:)

Catlady711
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
When I got my new sectional a few years ago the first thing I did was put the cats up on it to check it out. Yeah it's frequently covered in pet hair but I don't care. Love me, Love my pet hair. lol

mruffruff
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Somewhere in Bella Mae's past, she was taught not to get on the furniture. I have spent 5 years trying to get her to sit on the sofa! She will finally sit with me when invited as long as I pet her. Scruffy has trouble getting up there so he's satisfied with the floor most of the time. But I can't keep the cats off. And I'm too old to sit on the floor.

My solution: Slipcovers:D