PDA

View Full Version : Approved...pic

Glacier
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%2008/approved.jpg
This dog food has been inspected and approved by Muskwa!

Grace
07-12-2008, 07:58 PM
How many pounds do you buy at one time?

Glacier
07-12-2008, 08:01 PM
How many pounds do you buy at one time?

2000. It's cheaper that way. In the pic is about half of what I unloaded today.

Grace
07-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Next question - is it just you unloading? And how long does this take?

ramanth
07-12-2008, 08:05 PM
LOL! :cool: :love:

Freedom
07-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Muskwa, I think you make an terrific inspector of the food delivery! I hope you didn't skim any off the top, he hee!

Around here, food much be behind closed closet doors, or the bag is broken in to promptly! I wouldn't dare try for a pic like that, SOMEONE would be in the bags in no time!

boomersooner
07-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh my gosh, that is a lot of food, but then again, you have a lot of dogs! HA.....Muskwa is beautiful and seems very proud to be the protector of the goodies!!!!

Glacier
07-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Next question - is it just you unloading? And how long does this take?

Yup, just me. Took about an hour. I need a forklift like the guy at the feed store uses to put it on the truck!

Glacier
07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Around here, food much be behind closed closet doors, or the bag is broken in to promptly! I wouldn't dare try for a pic like that, SOMEONE would be in the bags in no time!

The food is stored in a shed or the same thing would happen. They just won't try when I'm out there, but left unattended it would be a buffet!

boomersooner
07-12-2008, 08:58 PM
You can really get a lot of upper body strength unloading all of those bags.....Yes, I have a vision of lots and lots of huskies sitting on lots and lots of opened sacks of food, eating until they can eat no more!:D

Alysser
07-12-2008, 09:47 PM
:eek::eek:

You are aware that is a ton, right?

WOW! Glacier, your life really fascinates me. I am afraid to see that reciept though. How long does this amount last you?

Glacier
07-12-2008, 09:57 PM
:eek::eek:

You are aware that is a ton, right?

How long does this amount last you?

LOL, yup I am aware. I ask for a ton when I order it actually.

How long it lasts depends on how much meat I have access to. With no meat, that's about five months of food at the most. With a good meat supply, it should last about 8 months.

Cinder & Smoke
07-12-2008, 10:48 PM
WHAT??

Only ONE poor, overworked, Husky Inspector for all that food?

Where did you lock up all his "Assistants"?

(Unloaders) ...
Yup, just me. Took about an hour.

I need a forklift like the guy at the feed store uses to put it on the truck!

What became of Hubby's Bob-Cat - the one he tried to head-butt a while ago?
Wouldn't that reduce the carry distance a bit?

;)

cyber-sibes
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Muskwa is such a good Alpha! He makes sure his pack gets nothing but the best!
That's a LOT of dog food!:eek:

Glacier
07-12-2008, 11:05 PM
WHAT??

Only ONE poor, overworked, Husky Inspector for all that food?

What became of Hubby's Bob-Cat - the one he tried to head-butt a while ago?
Wouldn't that reduce the carry distance a bit?

;)

They were all around, Muskwa just posed the best!

That wasn't his bobcat, that was a rental. He'd really like to own one, but they cost pricey little units!

Varga
07-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Oh wow. And I thought I had it bad o_<

I have to drive half an hour to pick up the food I give my dogs, so I usually buy large quantities as well. But obviously it doesn't come anywhere near your amount :D lol

*sending hugs to Muskwa*

Ginger's Mom
07-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Ah Muskwa, you are such a good alpha dog making sure all of the food is good enough for the pack. :)
Tamara, you are an amazing person, as a pack leader, full time working lady, homemaker, and volunteer with the shelter projects. I don't know how you do it all.

MoonandBean
07-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Your dogs must think you are the best HUNTER in the world!!!!!!!

boomersooner
07-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Your dogs must think you are the best HUNTER in the world!!!!!!!

THAT made me giggle!

jesse_3
07-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow, I must say I am impressed! Muskwa must be dedicated to your pack if he is willing to help out and inspect all that food!:)Really though I am amazed you unload that all by yourself!! At lease its a good workout..:D

cassiesmom
07-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Muskwa, you are a handsome, fluffy, beautiful inspector! *sending a hug to Muskwa*

cassiesmom
07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello again, handsome Muskwa!

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-30-2008, 06:58 AM
OMGosh!! Look at all the food. What a handsome inspector you have. ;)

4 Dog Mother
07-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Boy, am I glad you said you had a forklift! I really couldn't imagine unloading that much dog food by yourself and I know for sure I would fall dead even thinking about unloading that much dog food by myself.

Muskwa, you make a good food inspector! Keep up the good work!

Glacier
07-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Boy, am I glad you said you had a forklift! I really couldn't imagine unloading that much dog food by yourself and I know for sure I would fall dead even thinking about unloading that much dog food by myself.

LOL, I only had a forklift to get it on the truck. I unloaded it myself. No forklift at home.