PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Treats??

tikeyas_mom
03-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Just wondering what kind of treast everyones dogs like?

finn's mom
03-10-2008, 12:18 PM
As for packaged dog treats, I'm nearly exclusively feeding Zuke's now, as they are awesome, all natural, made in the USA treats and they are our dock jumping sponsors as well. :) Finn eats fruits and veggies as well, though, too.

pitc9
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Milkbone brand dog bones, Snausages and Pupperoini are the top favorites at my house!!

I make peanut butter sandwiches out of the bones for them for special treats! :D

Ginger's Mom
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Ginger is a picky little princess when it comes to treats. Pretty much if it isn't a soft treat (specifically Pupperoni or Milk Bone Chicken Legs) she won't eat it. However, two weeks ago I found out that Ginger likes pieces of apple cut up. Sooo, even though I am not a big apple fan, they are going to be on my shopping list more often from now on. ;)

Ramble On Rose
03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
My pug likes the soft treats better than biscuits, he has bad teeth. So I get cheapy Canine Carry Outs for him. For the boxers, I can't think of the brand, but I get these jerky strips that have a lot of glucosamine in them. They're expensive, but I notice a difference in Bosco. I'd rather give it to them in treats than in the pills that they don't want.

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
My three love anything you tell them is a "cookie". LOL. They especially like those better than ears, pieces of apple, pieces of plain popped popcorn without the kernel in it and Chopper likes raw carrots.

Pam
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Milk Bone is mostly what I give them when it is time for a *cookie* treat. They also get baby carrots as treats and hubby gives them several pieces of cut up apple every morning just because he loves them. :) I share my morning banana with them too. :)

Taz_Zoee
03-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Zoee's favorite treat is a carrot that she usually gets daily. She also like the little buscuits that we bought a HUGE bag of a long time ago. The buscuits are the training treats and the carrot is just her special daily treat.

lute
03-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I use mostly Canidae snap biscuts, but I just found a nice training treat by Real Meat. I use it for bait when handling dogs and when I put it in my mouth it tastes so much better than that yucky freeze dried liver.LOL

IRescue452
03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Everything: a treat is a treat and I don't worry too much about health aspects, unless of course it's poisoned or a really bad brand. I like to try something new each time I buy treats. Right now we have oven-baked bacon treats from some Bio-biscuit Inc in Canada. The dogs seem to like them a lot.

Autumn's all-time favorite is the carob donut treats from Three Dog Bakery. Unfortunately I can't find them anymore and have found no other carob treats that compare. I'd bake some myself but carob is so darn expensive.

Jessika
03-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Everything: a treat is a treat and I don't worry too much about health aspects, unless of course it's poisoned or a really bad brand. I like to try something new each time I buy treats. Right now we have oven-baked bacon treats from some Bio-biscuit Inc in Canada. The dogs seem to like them a lot.
I agree :)

But for the most part, nothing fancy, just some breath ones but for the most part they're really easy to please ---- a piece of bread, pieces of kibble even, or their favorite - peanut butter!

kallisto4529
03-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Reilly loves these all natural peanut butter cookies, i get them from wal mart, they smell just like the real thing and the ingredients "looks" like the real thing..lol he also loves science diet treats too. i try to watch what we give him because when it is time for bed he gets one and goes right in his cage...lol

bckrazy
03-11-2008, 03:35 AM
I like to make treats. It's a lot cheaper, and most of the time much healthier. For training treats, they will do ANYTHINGGG for baked chicken hearts/lungs/gizzards. They aren't as gross as they sound, I swear!

For biscuits, I always get Old Mother Hubbard. They don't use any really bad ingredients, or dyes, and such... but a huge bag is really cheap and my boys love the peanut butter cookies. I occasionally buy the soft liver or peanut butter treats by Bil Jac. They also like dried chicken treats, but they're too hard to break in to pieces, so I rarely buy them.