PDA

View Full Version : Zuke's

finn's mom
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Anyone ever heard of them? They just agreed to sponsor Finn and I with treats for us and to hand out at events when we compete, and I wanted to see if anyone here fed them to their dogs? Finn's only ever tried the Power Bones (they are like little energy bars), and he LOVES them. We'll be trying the Hip Action ones today, as I can't wait to get the ones from Zuke's, I'm too anxious! :) I wasn't sure if the Hip ones were just for older dogs or not, but they are good for younger dogs, too...as a helpful preventative. I love the treats because they're all natural, and MADE IN THE USA, baby! ;)

I'm pretty excited to be joined up with them, even if they'll never be a full time sponsor (one who pays for travel and lodging expenses). They're a smaller company and I was blown away by their generosity and honestly didn't expect anything when I asked if they'd be interested in sponsoring us. Their logo is really nice, and we'll put it on Finn's vest soon. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/Zukes_rgb.jpg

Pawsitive Thinking
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I've never heard of them over here but its great they are sponsoring Finn :)

pitc9
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
I've not heard of them but no matter... CONGRATS!!!
How exciting!!

beeniesmom
01-24-2008, 10:28 AM
I've heard of them before and buy them when I can find them.
I trained Beenie to come, sit, down and reward for potty outside with them.
The salmon lil bits are wonderful!
Can I have some samples!!! :)

Shelteez2
01-24-2008, 10:37 AM
That's awesome!! Way to go Finn, turning pro with sponsors and everything. I wish I was closer, I would sure love to see him in action. :)

finn's mom
01-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks, guys! I know they're not the easiest treats to find (we sell the Power Bones only at Sprouts, the grocery/farmer's market, that I work at). There's a Pet Supplies Plus right next to the store, too, that sells possibly the entire line. But, I'm pretty sure you can order them online, too. The Power Bones are great, they really keep Finn's stamina up and going strong. For normal days, he doesn't need the extra boost, but on training days or competition days, I know it helps him out. :)

I'm sure I'll be able to send out some samples, beeniesmom. ;) I'll have to keep the product far away from Finn, he has been a bad boy lately with eating things he shouldn't! :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
01-24-2008, 12:09 PM
That's awesome!! :) My three LOVE Zukes! They're so popular here as there are tons of natural pet food stores opening now.

Jadapit
01-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I haven't heard of them and Durango is only a couple of hours from us. They sound like really good treats. I'm so happy for you and Finn Kari. You must be so excited! :D

finn's mom
01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
It is pretty exciting! :D I also wrote to a couple other companies, but Zuke's is the only who's responded. But, they responded the same day and with so much enthusiasm, I don't care if I don't ever hear from the others. :)

BC_MoM
01-24-2008, 12:32 PM
They're actually quite popular here in Canada. My dogs LOVE them. :)

Jadapit
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey Kari, its been way to long since we've seen Finn. Can you post some pictures of him? :D

gemini9961
01-24-2008, 05:02 PM
I have gotten them before and of course the puppers liked them. I haven't gotten in lately but they are pretty tasting according to my 3. Congrats Kari and Finn for them sponsoring you.

finn's mom
01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey Kari, its been way to long since we've seen Finn. Can you post some pictures of him? :D

Probably not tonight, but I sure will. :) Thanks for asking. :D

Giselle
01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I used to buy Zukes, but it started getting very costly considering the enormous amount of treats we use :o That said, I love Zukes and choose them over most other store bought treats.

Anyways, that's VERY cool!!!! I can't wait to see Finn in his new vest!!!

finn's mom
01-24-2008, 09:07 PM
I used to buy Zukes, but it started getting very costly considering the enormous amount of treats we use :o That said, I love Zukes and choose them over most other store bought treats.

Anyways, that's VERY cool!!!! I can't wait to see Finn in his new vest!!!

Well, his vest won't be new. Maybe this year, we can get him another one, so that we can avoid wearing one out. ;) But, I'll definitely post photos once we add the Zuke's logo! :D

bckrazy
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Zuke's is an awesome brand! Congrats to you & Finn. : )

finn's mom
01-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks again, I will be sure to let you all know what they send us. It will be so much fun passing the treats out at the events!

Cincy'sMom
01-26-2008, 08:19 AM
I dn't buy a lot of treats, but that is one brand I do buy. I like that they are small and good for training.

Congratulations on your sponsorship!

finn's mom
03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Here is the Zuke's logo on Finn's vest! I am excited about this sponsorship! We had an awesome time handing out the samples of Power Bones at the event in Gonzales, LA, and our contact at Zuke's just sent us an email today saying that he loved the photos and showed them to everyone at the office. He is looking for other ways to sponsor us! :) Whee!!!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DSC_0285.jpg

beeniesmom
03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Wow Finn, You are looking pretty cool in your vest! :cool:

RobiLee
03-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Finn looks awesome in vest. Very cool :cool: