PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Bella!

Pam
01-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Seven years ago on this date my Bella was born. I had been dogless since my last poodle died in 1998. Hubby had said "No more dogs. They don't live long enough. The grief is not worth it." Of course this was all said in the midst of tears and I had hoped that time would help heal him and change his mind.

Well after almost three years of life without a dog I was getting some serious yearnings that would not quit. I longed to run my fingers through curly poodle fur again. :) I began to send my hubby pictures of poodles on the web and breeders' sites etc. (His computer is downstairs and mine is upstairs. :p ) I could tell by his answers to my notes that I was wearing him down and he was missing having a curly friend around the house too. :)

One day my daughter and I took a ride to a standard poodle breeder about an hour away just "to look." Of course I was smitten. Bella and her brother were the only two left in her litter and I loved them both. I called hubby at work from the breeder's house for permission to bring a puppy home. He had no idea I was at a breeder's because, remember, I was just going "to look" so I didn't feel the need to tell him my plan. teehee! Long story short (is it too late for that?) he agreed and was eagerly waiting at the door when we came home with my precious little girl.

She has grown up into a beautiful girl with quite a silly personality at times. She is so smart and can look so sophisticated at times and then turn around and do silly puppy things (dirty tissues still entice her. :rolleyes: ) She is my special girl, my wonderful companion, my bed warmer at night and my faithful friend. Happy Birthday to my Bella girl! :)

Here is my sweetie at eight weeks old, a day or two after coming home...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d725b3127ccebafd927233cc00000036100IbNmzFo3bsY

And here she is a couple of months ago. I chose this picture because we were doing what she lives to do - playing Fetch. A ball, any ball, is her favorite toy. She will Fetch until she drops. :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN7331.jpg

Pam
01-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Hubby took this one. Can you tell by the look on her face that I am holding a ball in my hand? :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/IMG_1043_1024.jpg
And one of her smiling. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN0400.jpg

Gosh these warm weather photos have helped to warm me up on this cold day. :)

That's all!

cyber-sibes
01-03-2008, 08:28 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL BELLA!
What a cute babygirl you were! Who could not fall in love with you?
I love seeing your pictures, you always look so soft & shiny & elegant! Have a really fun day, with many balls to fetch, & and be spoiled with a special treat or two!

4 Dog Mother
01-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Happy Birthday, Sweet Bella! What a great story on how Bella came to be yours, Pam. She is so darn cute as a puppy and so beautiful as a full grown lady. I have several friends that just don't understand what having a dog is like - that love and loyalty and joy they give us. I am so glad you "found" Bella!

Christiansmommy
01-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Happy Birthday Bella Girl!!!!

I remember the day we brought you home!! It was so much fun watching you and your brother playing together. But you seemed to "pick" mom...so you both must have had that bond from day one!! I even remember your breeder cried as she watched us walk off with you...that was bitter sweet, but we knew that you were loved from day one. I am glad that I was there, and I got the privilege of holding you on the car ride home. I was pregnant with Christian then too, so maybe that is why he loves his Bella so much!! You have always been such a sweet girl, and so gentle with my boys. You make mom very happy and so I am very thankful for you!! Love you Bell!!

I grew up with poodles...and they will always have a special place in my heart. My mom's house without a poodle, just doesn't seem right...poodles will always find a place there...and a chihuahua might find it's way in there someday too, hehehhehe:)

Anyway, enjoy your day Bell!!!!

pitc9
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Happy HAPPY Birthday Sweet Bella!

OMG... that first picture has GOT to have a cutness warning on it! :eek:

Wishing you many more happy birthdays to come!

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Happy Birthday Bella

What an adorable little curly Q you were as a puppy. Who was mommy kidding, she was just going to look. After seeing that adorable face there was no way she was going home without you. You have grown into such a stunning beauty Queen. I wish you many more Happy Birthdays!! Kisses to you.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BELLA GIRL! Pam, Bella sure has grown into a lovely young lady! Her puppy picture is precious! Have a great day, sweetie! :)

petslover
01-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Happy Birthday sweet Bella! I'm sure you will have a great birthday.

kimlovescats
01-03-2008, 10:39 AM
BEAUTIFUL Bella, your name fits you so well!!! I am so happy that you won your Mommy and Daddy over! How could they possibly resist that adorable widdle puppy that you were? I hope you have a perfectly HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

Ginger's Mom
01-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh Beautiful Bella, that puppy picture of you is just too cuuute. :) You sure were a precious pup, and you have, indeed, grown into a beautiful and elegant dog. Lots of hugs, kisses, treats, and extra ball tosses for you today, Bella.

cassiesmom
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Happy Birthday, Dear Bella!
What a darling eight-week old you were and what a gorgeous poodle lady you are now! I love the picture of you smiling. Please ask your mommy to give you a birthday hug from me.

Karen
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Happy hoppy birthday bouncy Bella!

Cinder & Smoke
01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
:)

Have a Hap, HAPP,
H A P P I E :)
Birfday that Matches
your :) SMILE :)
Pretty Bella!!
:D

chocolatepuppy
01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA !!! :D
You're one beautiful girl! I hope you're having a fun day!

caseysmom
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Happy birthday Bella you are so beautiful!

captain
01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Bella - darlin beautiful girl.
Happy Happy Birthday!!!!! :)

lizbud
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Happy Birthday Bella :) You were adorable as a tiny pup and are
beautiful now. Hope your day was special for you sweetie.

KYS
01-03-2008, 06:48 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL MS. BELLA! :D
wOO Woo Woo

sasvermont
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Surely hope you spend your special day having treats and play time galore! I am sure you will! Happy Birthday sweet girl. Your Mom loves you, that's for sure! :cool: :D ;)

k9krazee
01-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Happy Birthday Gorgeous!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Happy Birthday, Bella sweety. I remember the day you came to live with your mommy and daddy. I remember seeing you as a baby and thinking that you were quite possibly the cutest puppy I'd ever seen. You have sure grown into a lovely, elegant girl. We all love you, sweet Bella girl!

K9karen
01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh Pam! I remember you called me to say "Guess what I did?!" Happy Birthday Sweet, Lovely Bella! Aunt K and Cuzin Klo love you very much!

anna_66
01-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry I missed your special day yesterday. But I'm sure that your momma gave you a wonderful present and some good yummies.

I loved hearing your story and know what it's like to have those curly q's in your home!

Lots of hugs and kisses to you beautiful!!!

fritz03
01-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Happy 7th Birthday Bella and many more to come from Barry, Fritz and Mom.

Rachel
01-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh, Bella, can it be that it has been 7 years already? Actually, I remember first thinking of your mom as the *cat lady*. Heehee I know you are rolling your eyes about that. Every time your mom talks about you loving to play fetch, I think that we were really made for each other. But alas, you landed in NJ and I in IL. I can only be thankful and appreciative that you found your Pammy Mommy. Lots of cuddles and extra time in the Big Bed. A girl like you needs her beauty sleep too.

Love from,
Aunty R., Hannah, and Tucker (who still adores a tall lanky girl).

Rachel
01-04-2008, 04:04 PM
My mom's house without a poodle, just doesn't seem right...poodles will always find a place there...and a chihuahua might find it's way in there someday too, hehehhehe:)

UH OH! Are there any hidden agendas that we don't know about?????

Randi
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Happy birthday, sweet Bella!

How time flies! You were such a cute pup, and now you have grown into a beautiful big girl. I hope you have fun today and get spoiled with extra treats and lots of cuddles! :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Happy Birthday Bella !!! :)

Sorry I missed your big day beautiful girl. I hope you're still celebrating!! :D