PDA

View Full Version : Oprah Winfrey's dog Gracie died :(

Jadapit
07-18-2007, 02:32 PM
This story is so sad. RIP Gracie. :(

Here is the story in Oprah's own words if you want to read it.I cried, its very touching.
http://www2.oprah.com/omagazine/200708/omag_200708_mission.jhtml?promocode=022

Oprah Winfrey suffered a shocking loss when her beloved Golden Retriever Gracie died in a freak accident.

Oprah introduced her three new puppies to the world on the first show of the 2005 season. Oprah called them her babies, and Gracie was the one who always found her way into mom's arms. She was at Oprah's side on the cover of O Magazine in 2006, and again for this year's January issue. She was the littlest of the three, she was also wild and curious, with a mind of her own.

The accident happened when Oprah's dog walker took the retrievers for an evening stroll. Twenty minutes later, Oprah got a call that two-year-old Gracie wasn't breathing.

"I ran barefoot out of the house and found the dog walker and one of my security guys pumping her chest. Just as I reached them, the security guard looked up... 'She's gone," Oprah says in the August issue of O Magazine.

Gracie had choked on a plastic ball that belonged to Oprah's older cocker spaniel, Sophie. Oprah writes that she was overcome with, "tears and stabbing pain and disbelief and wonder and questions about how and why this happened"

While she's still heartbroken, Oprah writes that she believes Gracie died to teach her a lesson. "Slow down, you're moving too fast... Thank you for being my saving Gracie."

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Severe LES. That is just horrible. Poor Oprah. Poor Gracie. Rest in peace sweet girl.

gemini9961
07-18-2007, 02:54 PM
How sad. :( RIP Gracie

Alysser
07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Rest easy, Gracie. :(

luvofallhorses
07-18-2007, 07:33 PM
:( That's so sad. RIP sweet Gracie.

crow_noir
07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I know this all too well.

The day after she died, I went to the spot where she took her last breath and called again, "Graaaacie! Graaaacie!" I was hoping security wouldn't hear me and think I needed medical—or psychological—attention. Of course I knew this time she wouldn't come running through the brush.

My sympathy goes out to her.

Here is the story in Oprah's own words if you want to read it.I cried, its very touching.
http://www2.oprah.com/omagazine/200708/omag_200708_mission.jhtml?promocode=022

K9karen
07-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I love Oprah, especially since she's an avid dog lover. How horrible. Poor Gracie. RIP pretty girl.

3muttsandaboston
07-18-2007, 11:05 PM
That is so sad. I couldn't imagine loosing a dog to a terrible accident like that Poor little Gracie. I can also sympathize with her calling for Gracie, I did the same thing with Zoe for weeks. Me and my mom watched a t.v. show with a character named Zoe in it and she said look at Zoe and I looked around the room and said where is she? Keep in mind that this was about 2 months after she passed.

pitc9
07-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh how sad!!!
RIP Gracie :(

lizbud
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
So sad, poor Gracie. :( Oprah seems to be a very spiritual person and
I'm not surprised she would look for a deeper meaning in this tragic event.
Rest In Peace Gracie. :(