PDA

View Full Version : Need Name ideas

NicoleLJ
07-15-2007, 01:02 PM
As many of you know now, we lost our little 5 day old golden boy yesterday. So to try and cheer up the atmosphere in the house we decide to start trying to figure out a name for the little guy we will end up keeping. Don't know which yet (though we have our eyes on Light Blue boy right now). Since I was unsure we would keep a male, and really wanted a female(at the time), we only had a name for a female. Which would have been:

Sheena's Aurora Borealis. Call name Aura

Well since Sheena decided we didn't need a female, lol and only gave us males we now have the delema of figuring out the registered name and the call name. So I thought the best way to get as many ideas as possible would be to post it and see what others can come up with.

So here is how I do things. I like the call name and the registered name to work together. Example: Sheena is Greek for Gods Gift of Grace. Sheena's registered name is Debbies GIft of Gods Grace. See how not only do I get a meaning out of it but also the call name and the registered name works together. That is the idea. Plus to make it even harder on you guys, I know i never do anything the easy way. lol I want the registered name to also play off of the sire's name since he has to live up to be like or better then his sire. We hope anyway. lol The sire's name is Hoofprint's Wyndryder of Furrari.

So here is the only name i have been able to come up with so far:

Sheena's Soaring with the Eagles. Call name Ajax.

Ajax in Greek(does not have to be a greek name) means Eagle. Eagles soar on the Wind(Wynd) so the play on Ryders name is there.

So you need to come up with a registered name and a call name or even just let me know if you like the name we are thinking about but still not sure of. Let see what you all come up with.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

Seravieve
07-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Since in the Memorials post you said you guys called him Golden.. so why not something using that. Like Sheena's Golden Boy.. etc.

I liked the Aura name.. that was pretty.

The_Duck
07-17-2007, 12:17 AM
I know I havn't been around in forever, but I am going to try to change that. And as I love thinking up names, I thought it fitting to have this be my coming back post. The pups are adorable and I only hope I can do them some justice by mkinga few good suggestions. So here goes...

Sheena's Wynd Driven Snow. Call name "Blizzard".
Sheena's Cloud Ryder. Call name "Cloud".
Sheena's Wynd of Change. Call name "Aeolus" [ee O lus] Meaning changeable one.
Sheena's Eternal Wynd. Call name "Amara" [ah MAH rah] Meaning eternal.
Sheena's Times of Change. Call name "Chronos".
Sheena's Dragon Ryder. Call name "Draco".
Sheena's Wings of Icarus. Call name "Icarus".

Okay so that was more than a couple and they probbly make no sense, but.... I kinda like them. :P

crow_noir
07-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Oooohhhh!!!! I REALLY like that first full name!!!

The third is nifty.

I'm VERY partial to Amara (long story) but i also see it as a feminine name.

And I like the last full name.

(I LOVE dragons, but just don't see that for this litter.)

Very nice suggestions Duck!

Sheena's Wynd Driven Snow. Call name "Blizzard".
Sheena's Cloud Ryder. Call name "Cloud".
Sheena's Wynd of Change. Call name "Aeolus" [ee O lus] Meaning changeable one.
Sheena's Eternal Wynd. Call name "Amara" [ah MAH rah] Meaning eternal.
Sheena's Times of Change. Call name "Chronos".
Sheena's Dragon Ryder. Call name "Draco".
Sheena's Wings of Icarus. Call name "Icarus".

NicoleLJ
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
The_Duck - Thanks so much. Those names are awsome. The sires owner and I decided to stick with the original name I came up with but my adopters were having problems with thinking up registered names and so was the Service Dog Trainer who is getting the donated pup. So I hope you don't mind but I gave them the list of names to help them come up with one. I will let you know if any decide to use them. Thanks agian. Those were great.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

The_Duck
07-20-2007, 12:20 AM
:) No problem, hun. I hope they're of some help to the other people who will be getting a pup. Those babies are jsut too cute. :D