PDA

View Full Version : Upset ... missing dog

.sarah
07-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I am pet sitting for a long-time family friend. They have a Beagle that stays outside all day and sleeps inside. She has gotten out before by digging out but they haven't had a problem with that since they put chicken wire out around their fence line. But today I came back to check on her after class and the gate was open and she was gone. They are allowing people to use their pool while they are gone and I guess someone left the gate open and she escaped.

I am worried but the owner isn't. I am just upset because she wants me to go home and quit worrying because "it's a dog". She basically said that she either comes back or she doesn't and there's nothing we can do about it. I came by to check on her at 4:30 and was out looking for her until 9:00. I knocked on neighbors doors for an hour in the pouring rain, drove around the area multiple times, called out her name. My dad and my mom were out looking for her too. Now my mom is at home printing up fliers and I am at their house in hopes that she comes back.

I am just trying to do what I would do for my own dogs if they were gone but I am confused as to what to do. I feel bad now for even doing so much and I know they'll probably never use me as a pet sitter again because of how much it has upset me, but I also worry about the dog of course. Uuuuugggghhhh, I just kinda wanted to vent, so thanks for reading. Please keep little Daisy in your thoughts.

Husky_mom
07-03-2007, 09:08 PM
some people......... you sure are doing the right thing...... letīs hope she comes back again..... and that the owners take better care of the poor doggie........ I would be sad if I were that dog and my owner wouldnīt even care if i came back or not..........

donīt stress to much, I know how itīs to have a missing pet..... *fingers crossed* everything turns out well and that the poor dog is safe wherever she is....

k9krazee
07-03-2007, 09:13 PM
((Hugs))) to you Sarah, and saying a prayer for miss Daisy.

ratdogg
07-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I hope the dog comes back! sheesh, when my dog escapes I always go chasing after her. I think you're doing exactly the right thing by going out and looking. keep us updated and I hope it works out

jennielynn1970
07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Poor dog... she'll probably be surprised that someone is looking for her. I can't understand people who just say "Oh, it's a dog/cat" Why even have a pet when you have that kind of attitude??

BC_MoM
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
How horrible. It doesn't even sound like her owner's care if she comes back or not. Poor gal. :( I'll say a prayer for her that she finds her way back.

.sarah
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Poor dog... she'll probably be surprised that someone is looking for her. I can't understand people who just say "Oh, it's a dog/cat" Why even have a pet when you have that kind of attitude??
They were given this dog as a gift, otherwise I don't think they'd have a dog. But I agree with you. I think of my dogs as family, otherwise I guess I wouldn't even have one.

Thanks everyone. I keep hearing some noise, it sounds kinda like a deep whine at the door, so I keep checking the doors and calling her name outside. It's a strange sound, I'm not sure what it is, an owl maybe?

Kfamr
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
You know I'm thinking of you Sarah. I was hoping you'd call me back with better news. :(

I'm so sorry. I hope you finhd her.

K9karen
07-03-2007, 10:56 PM
You're not alone, sweetie..I'd be going beserk too. Of course you are beside yourself, because you're a wonderfully caring, sweet, loving person with a huge heart. Your neighbors should be thanksful as he$$ that they have the honor of knowing you.

I must add that I think your parents are super. I adore them. But, hey..look at the girl they raised. Hats off to them for sharing in your concern. Do you want an (way) older sister??? ;)

Catty1
07-03-2007, 10:59 PM
That deep whine...is there a deck or something just outside the door? Something you could look underneath?

Call all the shelters and even the vets. Maybe get your mom to help. Someone might have found her and turned her in.

Poor puppy! I wish her owner loved her more...

AdoreMyDogs
07-03-2007, 11:09 PM
How sad that her owners aren't out of their minds with worry, as a dog owner SHOULD BE. If my pets were to turn up missing, I'd be a wreck. Hopefully either Daisy finds her way home or finds another loving family that doesn't consider her "just a dog".

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2007, 05:19 AM
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this Sarah. :( It's bad enough the dog is missing but for the owner not to care, how awful. I hope you find Daisy soon.

.sarah
07-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone. So far no luck this morning. I'm worried about her with the fireworks tonight.

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Still praying hard! I hope she shows up sometime today.

cyber-sibes
07-04-2007, 10:55 AM
:( You said they let people use their pool- is it possible someone took her back home with them?
I would be going crazy too, but if they knew people would be coming in & out of their yard, they also knew there would be opportunity for her to escape. It isnt your fault. Prayers she returns soon.

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Any luck, Sarah? :(

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry you're having to go through this Sarah, and especially without any support from the owners. I hope she's found soon!

Kfamr
07-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Still thinking of you guys, Sarah. I've been checking PetFinder and other sites to see if she shows up as found. :(

Riptide
07-04-2007, 03:34 PM
That's an aweful situation to be in, I'm so sorry. I hope you find the doggie soon :(

.sarah
07-04-2007, 04:23 PM
:( You said they let people use their pool- is it possible someone took her back home with them?
I would be going crazy too, but if they knew people would be coming in & out of their yard, they also knew there would be opportunity for her to escape. It isnt your fault. Prayers she returns soon.
Yeah, and of course I'm kicking myself for not even thinking of that. Honestly, since she's escaped in the past, I was afraid she'd dig out, so I checked on her 4 times a day, even though they said 2 was fine. I was just scared that she'd get out on her own. I didn't even think of other people letting her out -accidentally or purposefully - or even someone stealing her.

Any luck, Sarah? :(
Nothing yet. We have fliers out, I hope someone will call. I went over this afternoon to check their messages and the gate was closed, so someone had gone back to close it as well. I was hoping that she was in the gate, because I told the neighbors that they could put her back in the yard if they found her because I'd be checking several times a day, but the yard was empty. Which just makes me wonder even more what the heck is going on ...

I hope she's not afraid of fireworks ...

Kay, thanks again for your help, yesterday and today. I do appreciate it.

BC_MoM
07-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Could the owners possibly have told the wrong person that they can use their pool, and they stole poor Daisy? :(

Husky15
07-04-2007, 05:20 PM
How awful.

I hope poor Daisy is okay, hopefully she will be found before the fireworks. :(

You'll be in my thoughts.

Kfamr
07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Sarah, Would you be interested in contacting a pet psychic? I contacted someone when Kiki was missing (forget their email now, but Nancy Efrusy gave me her information.) She hadn't gotten back to me until after Kiara was found. I don't think she charges anything for lost pets either. Let me know if you're interested and I can get her info for you.

Kfamr
07-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Any news?
Here's another site, Sarah...
http://dogdetective.com

.sarah
07-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Sorry for not updating. No news :( No phone calls at all, it is really depressing. We have several signs up all over and still nothing. We just got back from checking at our shelter - nothing. It's been three days now ...

Kay, sure I'd like the info for the psychic. We already have an ad on Dog Detective and payed to have it sent to all the shelters within a 50 mile radius.

Ginger's Mom
07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I haven't posted, but I have been checking and you have been in my thoughts. I hope you find her soon. I wish I could do more to help.

.sarah
07-07-2007, 01:30 PM
We've got her back!! The owners came home today and checked their caller ID and the vet had called the day she dissapeared. I've been checking messages and they never left a message. Turns out they've had her this whole time. I'm relieved, I just wished they had continued to call and left a message so I could've gotten her days ago!!

Kfamr
07-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Whew! Thank goodness.

Wish the owners were more concerned about her though. I'm just glad she's okay.

Catty1
07-07-2007, 01:46 PM
SO glad the dog is ok! But after all the money and time you spent on flyers and stuff!

I hope the owners were appreciative...am surprised they didn't give the vet YOUR number in case you needed to contact him!

Daisy and Delilah
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Great News!!! :) :D :)

crow_noir
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Well that's good news :)

BC_MoM
07-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm SO happy to hear that!!! :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-09-2007, 01:42 AM
That's great! I'm so glad she's ok and was in good hands.

Ginger's Mom
07-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh Yay!!! I am so glad to hear that she is back.