PDA

View Full Version : Exciting News to Share [puppy related]

3GSDMom
06-23-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm trying to make this a surprise for my friends on another website but I really can't keep this to myself any longer so I thought I'd share it with PT ;)

For seven very long years I have been wanting a Rottweiler. Ever since my dad came home with my dear sweet Rottie mix boy Scout I have been in love with the breed.

R.I.P Scout puppy. Mommy will see you again soon :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/doggybyts89/scout.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/doggybyts89/scout2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/doggybyts89/scout3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/doggybyts89/scoutpuppy.jpg

As you can see Scout resembled a Rottweiler much more than a Black Lab [which was the other side of the mix]

Prior to acquiring my love, Travis, I had originally wanted to get a Rottweiler. At the time I had no job,however, so I was unable to pay the additional fine for the insurance company. [Our insurance company does not allow Rottweilers unless you pay extra].
So instead of getting my beloved Rottie, I settled [LOL yeah, right] for a German Shepherd. Turns out that was the best decision of my life. I've now found a new Heart breed and am very happy sharing my life with GSDs.
Anyway, 2 years later I find myself pining for a Rottie. It's been seven years and I just don't want to wait anymore.

So, I'm finally going to make it happen. As soon as I get Travis' CGC and TD title [Therapy Dog] I will begin my search for a Rottweiler puppy. Whether I rescue or go to a breeder is still unsure.

My father is going to talk to our agent [is that what they are called? lol] for our insurance to find out what I need to do to be able to own a Rottweiler under this particular carrier.

Since I now have a job I can pay for the extra payments ;)

So, assuming all goes well I could very well have my Rottie boy by the end of this year/beginning of next year.

Good thoughts would be loved. This means a great deal to me.

I've been doing so much research lately. Im very excited. :D

Taz_Zoee
06-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Well, I wish you luck in your search for a Rottie pup. Those are two of my favorite breeds, GSD and Rotts. :D :D Then again, I have a lot of favorites. :p

3GSDMom
06-23-2007, 12:32 AM
I'd say you have excellent taste in breeds ;) :D

Originally I was just going to go ahead with another GSD, but I really think it's time for me to go ahead and get my rottieboy :)

Danegirl2208
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Woo hoo! Best of luck to you!! Rotties are such wonderful dogs! Make sure to keep us updated :)

Taz_Zoee
06-24-2007, 05:36 PM
My sister has had 4 GSD's in our lives. And my good friend just had to have their Rottie, Sage, put down a couple days before last Xmas. :( She grew up with my nephew, in fact they were born in the same year. She was 13 when she went to the bridge. She, and all my sisters GSD's, where the sweetest dogs. And sometimes people think they are mean. :mad: That just means they don't know much about the breeds.
Anyway, I hope you find your puppy SOON!! Because I want pictures. LOL

(And my favorite breed, of course, is Aussie's :p, maybe that can be your next dog. LOL:D)

chocolatepuppy
06-24-2007, 09:20 PM
A new Rottie puppy, yay! Good luck in your search. :D Scout was adorable.

3GSDMom
06-24-2007, 11:58 PM
My sister has had 4 GSD's in our lives. And my good friend just had to have their Rottie, Sage, put down a couple days before last Xmas. :( She grew up with my nephew, in fact they were born in the same year. She was 13 when she went to the bridge. She, and all my sisters GSD's, where the sweetest dogs. And sometimes people think they are mean. :mad: That just means they don't know much about the breeds.
Anyway, I hope you find your puppy SOON!! Because I want pictures. LOL

(And my favorite breed, of course, is Aussie's :p, maybe that can be your next dog. LOL:D)

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about Sage :( 13 is a pretty good age for a Rottie. Atleast she got to live a nice long life :)

Oh boy will there ever be a ton of pictures!

It's funny because before I got Travis I had planned to get an Aussie. Always been a fan of the Blue Merles. Who knows what the future will hold ;)

BC_MoM
06-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Good luck in your search! Rotties are beautiful dogs. :)

3GSDMom
06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Thank you :)

anna_66
06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh a rottie, needless to say I love the breed. My RB Angus was the bestest boy ever.

I wish you good luck!

3GSDMom
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh a rottie, needless to say I love the breed. My RB Angus was the bestest boy ever.

He was a very handsome boy as well ;)

And thank you for the luck :]

luvofallhorses
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Best of luck to you! :)

Rotties are awesome dogs! Jenny, my rottie mix is the best dog I have ever had. Scout was lovely!

this guy is gorgeous that you may be interested in.

I think he is purebred and doesn't have akita in him. :p

Tahoe
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA884/CA884.8084658-1-x.jpg
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8084658

3GSDMom
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Must you tempt me with such a gorgeous boy? Love those birthmarks on his tongue :) Those turn up in GSDs as well and people often mistake that as a sign of them being mixed.

And thank you for the luck :) I can use all I can get!

luvofallhorses
06-26-2007, 10:57 PM
If you'd like I could help you with your search and find some rotties for adoption. :) did you want a purebred? sadly there are so many needing homes. :( I love dogs with spotted tongues. :D Jenny has a spot on the back of her tongue. :)

k9krazee
06-26-2007, 11:00 PM
It'd be great to have another Rottie on the board :D I don't ever want to live without a Rott, I absolutely love the breed.

pitc9
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Good luck in finding a Rottie that is in need of a forever home!!

cyber-sibes
06-27-2007, 03:45 PM
:) I fell in love with rotties after getting my RB rosie. She was rotti-aust. shep mix, to our best guess. She was the sweetest dog I ever met! I'd love to get another rotti or rotti-mix again someday too.
Good luck with your search. ;)

3GSDMom
06-27-2007, 04:53 PM
What a pretty girl! :)

3GSDMom
06-27-2007, 04:56 PM
If you'd like I could help you with your search and find some rotties for adoption. :) did you want a purebred? sadly there are so many needing homes. :(

I'd love help! Though it may be a few more months until I am actually able to bring one home.
And yes, I would like a purebred ^^
Still debating on whether I should go to a breeder or shelter. But perhaps I'll find a nice shelter pup that needs me ;)

Flatcoatluver
06-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I'd love help! Though it may be a few more months until I am actually able to bring one home.
And yes, I would like a purebred ^^
Still debating on whether I should go to a breeder or shelter. But perhaps I'll find a nice shelter pup that needs me ;)
Congrats!

This is the way I see it, if your wanting to show go with a good breeder, if you want a excellent companion go with a shelter dog. What does AKC papers prove.

3GSDMom
06-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Congrats!

This is the way I see it, if your wanting to show go with a good breeder, if you want a excellent companion go with a shelter dog. What does AKC papers prove.

I'd say that is an excellent way to look at things ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Good luck in your search! Rotties are great dogs.

AdoreMyDogs
06-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Good luck! I hope you find that perfect little rottie pup soon :) I look forward to photos when the happy moment arrives!

3GSDMom
06-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Thank you :)

Im going crazy over here looking at Shelter pups. Found the cutest litter of Rotties in a shelter near me....I think I may have to drive down there and "look" ;) :D

Flatcoatluver
06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Awww! Good luck, I think this may be a good sign to start your search!

3GSDMom
06-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I think this may be a good sign to start your search!

I think so too! Now I just have to convince my parents that now is a perfect time...