PDA

View Full Version : Poor unknown kitten

Don Juan's mom
06-14-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm working in a light-industrial area at the moment, and at lunch today I went for a walk. Across the street from my workplace, I spotted a poor dead kitten on the ground next to a driveway. Grey and white, no apparent wounds and no way of knowing what killed it. (There are a lot of delivery trucks that go in and out of the street.)

I called county animal control to pick up the little guy. Nothing else I could do. :(

Liz

smokey the elder
06-14-2007, 08:27 AM
RIP, little kitten.

Pawla
06-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I came upon a cat last month that had just been hit by a car. The cat was swishing its tail in the middle of the road. I turned around to go help it as a vets office was just across the street. By the time I got back the cat had passed. I called the city to come get it. It is so sad that so many lives are ended this way. :(

Randi
06-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh, that is so sad. Poor little kitty. :(

Rest in peace little one.

Kirsten
06-14-2007, 11:00 AM
How sad! :(

R.I.P., little kitten!

Kirsten

moosmom
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
That makes me angry that someone would allow a small kitten outside with no tags. Those people don't deserve a pet!!!

RIP sweet little kitten.

Don Juan's mom
06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
That makes me angry that someone would allow a small kitten outside with no tags. Those people don't deserve a pet!!!

RIP sweet little kitten.

Actually, my guess is that it's a feral. There aren't any homes close by here, but there are a few felines preying on the local mice and lizards.

Liz

catmandu
06-14-2007, 02:22 PM
The Good News is that El And Almond Rocca Baton Angels have adoped that Angel Kitten and Rocc-El will fly with them as an Eternal Kitten Adoptee.
And he thanks you for crying for him in a world that is indifferent and he will be there to Thank You with His Purrents.
One Fine Day.

Medusa
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Sweet kitty is at peace now.

Laura's Babies
06-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Your passing didn't go un-noticed. Rest in Peace little one and play hard at Rainbow Bridge where you will never have to be hungry or scared again.

kb2yjx
06-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Sleep softly, little gray and white angel...

phesina
06-15-2007, 06:54 PM
God bless you for caring for the little kitten and sharing its story with us. Rest in peace, sweet little thing.

sootycat
06-20-2007, 08:59 AM
r.i.p. you little furry kitty.xxx

You feel helpless in these situations eh? but you were very kind to get the kitty picked up and give it respect.....life is sad at times eh? seems the older i get, the more sadness i hear of.......much love 'sootycat' >"<

Kalei
06-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Poor little helpless kitten:( I hope he or she is resting in peace and having fun at the rainbow bridge.

Is it just me or does it seem like every year there are more and more animals getting killed on the road?

I can't drive down the highway sometimes without seeing 3 dead animals on the road in just 3 miles.:(

jennielynn1970
06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like every year there are more and more animals getting killed on the road?

I can't drive down the highway sometimes without seeing 3 dead animals on the road in just 3 miles.:(

It's not just you seeing it. Think of the way people drive these days. They don't care who or what is in their way, they just barrel on right ahead, and woe be to the creature that is in their way. Heaven forbid they stop and check on the creature they just hit too... their time is just too precious for them to stop and treat it humanely.

People are becoming more and more inhumane. :(

RIP little kitten... play hard at the bridge and worry no more about heartless, self-centered people going too fast in big vehicles.