PDA

View Full Version : Rescue With A Surprise

lizbud
05-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Rescued cat turned out to be a big surprise. :)

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6585735

Donnaj4962
05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
WOW~ They were very lucky! And so was the bobcat! Great story!

critter crazy
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
WOW!!! Great story!! That is one lucky kitty and some very lucky people!:eek:

Ginger's Mom
05-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Is that her in the picture? She is very pretty. She looks pretty big for being only 11 pounds. And that sure does sound small for a bobcat. I am glad that they didn't realize she was a "wild" animal, and helped her out. And I am glad that she was so calm for them. What a nice story.

lizbud
05-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed this. It is a neat story, I thought. :)

I think the lady was right about the Bobcat senseing they wanted to help.

Medusa
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Aw, see there? Bobbi instinctively knew they were trying to help her. But they were really lucky not to have been attacked!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
I guess even wild animals can sense when people mean them no harm (remember Androcles and the lion?).

Don't think I'll be trying it any time soon though - great story!

Callie
05-31-2007, 12:13 PM
I have been privileged to nurture, rescue, etc many of God's creatures...and I've never been bitten, scratched, or hurt in any way by any of the wild ones. From a vulture caught in a leg trap to deer caught in barbed wire...they all were in pain yet not a one fought me when I freed them. The vulture even circled us 3 times before flying off as if to say thanks.

Yes, I COULD have been hurt badly by most of them but between being in shock and recognizing/sensing intent to help, nothing adverse happened. I would NOT recommend this to just anyone because an animal in pain CAN be unpredictable and caution is good advice.

Even with all the good intentions in the world, there are some whose nature will not admit defeat even enough to get their freedom. Such was the sad case of a badger who dug a 6 foot deep ditch around a salt cedar, was exhausted but still caught in a leg trap. I was peaceful, sat (for over an hour) and tried to communicate but, every time I moved, he was spit and fire. Finally he just flattened out and stared at me with his eyes seeking release from the pain. I gave him the only gift I could.

When you work with animals in their setting, it is entirely different than what one experiences in our usual domestic environments. You are just another part of their element and they treat you accordingly. It's awe-inspiring.

Callie

columbine
06-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Even with all the good intentions in the world, there are some whose nature will not admit defeat even enough to get their freedom. Such was the sad case of a badger who dug a 6 foot deep ditch around a salt cedar, was exhausted but still caught in a leg trap. I was peaceful, sat (for over an hour) and tried to communicate but, every time I moved, he was spit and fire. Finally he just flattened out and stared at me with his eyes seeking release from the pain. I gave him the only gift I could. :( That's the hardest gift, but sometimes the greatest. I had to give that to a sick/skullbashed/either way immobile opossum once, right in the city, and I did. It was maybe the hardest thing I ever did, but I think opossum wanted to help me get used to the idea for when my little Sam (cat) finally got too sick to manage.

They take care of us, the little ones. They leave me in awe.

Love, Columbine

catmandu
06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Thats A Boon To That Poor Creature Of God Who Was Is Such Pain.
And He Will Be There To Greet You At The Rainbow Bridge To Thank You.
One Fine Day.

pitc9
06-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I too am glad they didn't realize it was a wild animal and kept driving past it, glad no one was hurt either!

Great Story!

jennielynn1970
06-08-2007, 11:58 PM
The eyes of that bobcat are just haunting. So gorgeous.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-09-2007, 06:17 AM
wow.. what an interesting story. I hope Bobbi is doing well ! :)