PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE again - Mishi's Across the Bridge :(

RedHedd
05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm beside myself. This week it's Mishi's turn, however he's taken a really bad turn. It's been difficult getting him to eat in the past week and I've noticed a marked weight loss - he's a kidney cat and I know this is normal for kidney cats who are declining, but this is scary.

He's been hospitalized for fluids and syringe feeding. The minimum this will cost is around $900. I really don't have the money - I'm in a debt management program and trying to pay off my bills so incurring this kind of debt is going to place a financial burden on me. I can put it on the one emergency credit card I have, but I really can't continue to pile on the debt - that defeats the purpose of the debt management program and I can get thrown out of the program if I abuse it.

I do not qualify for iMOM - I've read their rules. I've talked to the vet and depending on what his bloodwork shows, I may be able to give him the care he needs at home - I'm fine with giving him Sub-Q's and syringe feeding. It will be stressful as I'm really pressed for time these days, but I can do it.

So, I guess, pretty much all I'm asking for is prayers and good vibes that Mishi responds quickly to the treatment. I know the big boy doesn't have much time left on this side of the bridge, but I'm not ready to lose him just yet.

wolflady
05-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Lots of prayers and good vibes on the way for you and Mishi. :( Hopefully you will be able to take care of him at home, pending the results of his bloodwork.

Many, many **hugs** for you.

kuhio98
05-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Prayers for you and Mishi. I'm so sorry to hear that he's ill.
If you haven't already, you might try Cats in Crisis (http://www.catsincrisis.org/). I think their procedure may be similar to iMOM -- in that they don't pay for existing vet bills -- but it's worth a try.

Freedom
05-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Paws crossed for Mishi!

Donnaj4962
05-23-2007, 02:19 PM
All paws and fingers crossed from us here in Indiana! We will also keep you and Mishi in our prayers. Please keep us posted!

Barbiecat
05-23-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm so sorry for you. My guy is 12, and just starting to have his own health issues, so I certainly know what you and your little friend are going through. I'll pray for your buddy.

RedHedd
05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm waiting for the vet to call back with labwork results. This is the other vet at my vet's office that I don't really care for. She talks in clinical terms and makes no effort to sound compassionate; whenever she's in charge, my vet bills are more expensive.

Cats in Crisis is pretty much the same as iMOM. I guess I know where my non-existent vacation fund money is going this year :rolleyes: Ah kids. I love the big bugger - well not so big; he's down to 10 lbs! - so much. I will keep you posted.

Kirsten
05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm very sorry to read these news on Mishi!! Fingers and paws are crossed here that he may make a turn for the better very soon!!

Sending positive thoughts,

Kirsten

RedHedd
05-23-2007, 04:28 PM
The vet just called and he's perking up. They've given him fluids and got him to eat wet food, enticing him with Fancy Feast. So he's coming home tonight complete with Sub-Q fluid kit, appetite stimulants and a healthy supply of canned X/D.

His Creatinine and BUN levels are elevated, but we expected that; they aren't as high as the vet expected, which is good, but they're still not normal.

I'm hoping this is just another one of his kidney "episodes" that he has every few months. They seem to be getting a little bit harder to deal with each time as I keep wondering if this is the one that's going to send him over the bridge for good. He's such a spunky fighter; so far he's pulled through every time, but it doesn't get any easier and he's getting so thin. My poor boybee - I call him Mr. Bones, in a loving way.

Cinder & Smoke
05-23-2007, 04:29 PM
HI, God ~

Boots, da KAT, here.

Wanna put in a Gud Wurd fur our buddie, Mishi.

Kan You take a *ppek* at his Lab Stuff; then help da White Coat
plan a fix fur him.

An maybe You kuld have a lil *talk* wiffa White Coat ...
give her a quick lessin in Bedside Manners and Creative Invoicing.

Tell Mishi to "hang in there" - we're all krossin Pawz & Klawz fur him.

THANKS, God!

/s/ Boots, da Purrayer Kat

RedHedd
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Aww, thanks Phred - you have such a wunnerful way with werdz! ;)

kb2yjx
05-23-2007, 05:50 PM
The Clan sends lots of prayers for Mishi! Several of them are kidney cats, so thye know what Mishi is going thru!!!

jenluckenbach
05-23-2007, 06:17 PM
PRAYERS for Mishi!!

RedHedd
05-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, the big skinny goofball is home and he's eating and I'm $329 poorer. Came home supplied with all the Sub-Q gear, Periactin to jump-start his appetite if needed and a healthy supply of canned X/D which he is gobbling down.

We'll get more test results in a day or two and he goes back for follow-up next week. Gawd I love this boy SO much; it breaks my heart to feel him so skinny and see his fur so lack-luster, but he's still acting like his same goofy self, meowing and demanding that I turn on the bathtub tap so he can drink water properly :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the purr ayers and good thoughts and kind words. They mean so much to us. I will keep you posted on his progress.

Thanks again - Georgia

Prairie Purrs
05-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Keep eating and feel better, Mishi!

Barbiecat
05-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Good news for your special kitty! I feel like you do when mine has issues; sadder, poorer and more anxious with each new problem I see. Best of luck with your precious friend.

Felicia's Mom
05-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Keeping Mishi in my prayers!

cassiesmom
05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
All paws and fingers crossed from us here in Indiana! We will also keep you and Mishi in our prayers. Please keep us posted!

SAme here - prayers for Mishi and Mitzi and their human

RedHedd
05-25-2007, 03:51 PM
My poor dude. He is marginally better - he's eating and the SubQ's are really helping, however he just looks so darned miserable. He's so thin and bony and his fur is in horrible condition - I won't take pictures of him like this, it's too painful to see him looking this way.

He is a good sport about being treated, but he always was. Giving him his Sub-Q's last night was sad for me, but he felt good enough to try to fight it a bit, but then went back to his normal laid-back ways.

His meow sounds hoarse and it's obvious he's feeling punky.

Vet Crachit has ordered a medication to help him avoid forming crystals, as there were signs in his urine. It's an expensive human drug, so she uses an animal compounding pharmacy back East. Very strange organization and they can't ship until next week. The vet says it's fine for him to just hang in there until then.

krazyaboutkatz
05-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I some how missed this thread.:o I'm so sorry to hear about Mishi:( but I'm glad that he's home now and doing well.:) Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Have you tried applying for care credit? Here's the link: Care Credit (http://www.carecredit.com/).

Barbara
05-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Sorry I saw this so late! I also hope it's just another episode. 10 lb- that's not too much for a big boy like Mishi.
You are lucky however that you can give him the sub-qs yourself. It will be so much less stress on him.
Filou sends loud baritone purrs to Mishi.

RedHedd
05-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Mishi seemed to be doing better. Yesterday he was eating a lot and then in the afternoon he seemed to crash. I'm SO worried; he's not doing well at all. I've given him his sub-Q's, appetite stimulants, feed him with a syringe just to make sure he's getting enough, but he looked SO miserable when I left him this morning. I'm SO worried he's not going to make it. :(

Edwina's Secretary
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh dear! So sorry to hear Mishi is miserable. Good thoughts for a speedy recovery.....

jenluckenbach
05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Prayers for Mishi.

cassiesmom
05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Prayers for Mishi.

From here too and a few alto purrs from Cassie to go with Filou's baritone purrs.

slick
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
RH: Forgive me for not seeing this thread earlier. I'm so glad Mishi is back in your loving arms again and please do not lose hope. Just a thought....do you think he's giving you that "I'm so pathetic" look on purpose??? Sorry, don't mean to make light of the subject. I know very well the pain that we hoomans feel when we see our precious furkids getting older.

big hugs to you and purrkisses to the M's.
Speedy recovery Mishi.

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

RedHedd
05-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks everyone, especially Cassiesmom for your generous offer (I tried to PM you back, but your PM box is FULL!) I was worried sick at work, thinking I'd come home to a dead kitty, but when I got home there he was, still looking pathetic, with a meow that's a few octaves lower than normal - he even sounds pathetic! I had a surprise birthday dinner to go to and felt SO guilty dashing in, giving him meds and fluids, trying to squirt down some food and then leaving for my party. Benihana's is fun for a birthday surprise dinner :)

I returned to two cats waiting impatiently for mom to get the treat bag out already! :rolleyes: Mishi gobbled up almost all of them. I think Mitzi is p.o'd at me for giving so much attention to the big goon. Is he milking it? Has he passed a stone? Are we out of the woods yet with this episode? I don't know. We see the vet tomorrow. I'm so unimpressed with my vet's office these days. Today I called to confirm my appointment for tomorrow and they didn't even have me on the books!

Tonight when I stopped in to pick up some X/D, it took about 15 minutes just to buy food. They are so understaffed there. If it wasn't so close to home (half a block) I'd probably go elsewhere.

So it looks like Mishi is going to be around for a little bit longer, please keep those prayers coming as I can tell they're helping. PT peeps are the BEST!

Medusa
05-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Mishi can bounce back and we're still sending out prayers that he will. You'll be surprised to see how much better he does after his subQ treatments. My Puddy is rootin' for you both!

RedHedd
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Mishi was a regular goon at the vet's office yesterday, meowing up a storm, getting all the other cats in the waiting room singing along with him. It was quite a cacophony! My vet's office is SO disorganized! Yikes! I called before my "appointment" :rolleyes: (I've learned to call ahead to see how late the vet is running) only to discover that yet again, they didn't have us on the books! They said they were able to squeeze us in at 3:00 (20 minutes after the appointment I thought we had), so I took it. This was around 2:15 p.m. The story they're giving me is that in the half an hour between the time I called and the time I arrived at the vet's office for our "appointment" they had an emergency. They know I live half a block away; they have my phone numbers, they know making cats wait stresses them out even more. Did they call to let me know? Of course not! Once again I had to wait a whole hour for my "appointment."

I had taken yesterday off work to attend to a myriad of personal phone calls and was going to try and squeeze in an emergency dental appointment for myself too. The vet's office nixed that plan. :rolleyes:

Mishi is doing much better, although he still hasn't gained any weight; in fact he lost an ounce. :( He was MUCH perkier, though, so things are looking up. They did more bloodwork and urinalysis; I should get the results today.

I think he's going to pull through once again. The only reason I will still go to this vet is because it's so close to home which is less stressful on the cats. The management's lack of organization leaves a lot to be desired and is very stressful on me as I cannot count on them even having appointments on the books that I've called to confirm more than once.

cassiesmom
05-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Yay! I'm so glad Mr. Mishi is doing better! Mitzi, please be patient with the boy; he's not feeling so well right now. Kitty kisses from Cassie.

Blue_Frog
05-31-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm really glad to hear the Mishi is on the mend! Extra treats are likely in order :)

lbaker
05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh RH, I'm almost glad I didn't see this earlier but only just now when things seem a bit less worrysome. I know you're not out of the concern mode yet but maybe now you can at least rest a little easier. Stress is unhealthy so make sure you eat right and try to sleep gently my friend :)

slick
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
RH, I'm so glad that Mishi is on the mend and I have no doubt that PT prayers had a hand in it. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that he continues to improve.

RedHedd
05-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Extra treats! Yes I bought some. When the vet was checking him yesterday, he still had greenies in his teeth! :D

She just called. BUN and Creatinine levels are the same. She's recommending he be on Sub-Q's "for the rest of his life." This is Dr. Doom; the message she left made it sound as if she doesn't expect him to live too long. I really don't like her.

Medusa
05-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I used to call my old vet's office ahead of time, too, to see if they were running on schedule. It still didn't help. So I sent THEM a bill for my time. They got the point. I don't go there now and Dr. Lee's clinic is right on. But they need to understand that your time is just as valuable as theirs is. Glad to hear Mishi's doing better, though.

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear that the vet's office is so unorganized and that you have to wait for long periods of time.:( I went through that too with my old vets office but now I've finally found a much better and organized vet clinic that's also an emergency clinic. It may be a bit farther away and a little more expensive but my new vet is wonderful and I'm treated very well too. This new vet has also saved Starr's live so I'm very grateful about that too.

I hope that Mishi will continue to do well and that the sub-q fluids will help him.:) I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

RedHedd
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Fancy Feast is Mishi's friend! He sings, dances and will do anything for it. He's gobbling it down faster than I can put it in the bowl! What's in that stuff?

lbaker
06-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Do you have any "Fancy" plants that he may have nibbled on? The kind that would give him the munchies? ;) How is the silly boy :)

cassiesmom
06-01-2007, 02:17 PM
How's Mr. Mishi today? [[[HUG]]] for Mishi and [[[HUG]]] for Mitzi too

RedHedd
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Do you have any "Fancy" plants that he may have nibbled on? The kind that would give him the munchies? ;) How is the silly boy :)
:D He's on appetite stimulants. Every time I give him one of the little pills, I have to wonder what exactly is in it .... I mean, should he be smoking it instead? :p

He's guardedly better.

RedHedd
06-02-2007, 01:01 AM
I came home to a Mishi who was obviously in distress. He was straining at the litter box, yowling pathetically. I panicked and thought he was blocked.

Of course his regular vet's office had just closed, so I decided to try a different E.R - one much closer to home than the one his vet recommends. I really like Pets Unlimited. We were there for three hours. Poor Mishi is/was constipated. An X-ray also showed some tiny bladder stones. So they gave him an enema which helped a little. The vet recommended a change in diet to C/D and sent him home with a medication to help prevent urethral cramping. It's in capsule form, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get him to take it. We'll see

Right now he's home, resting, but still obviously not feeling too great. I'm just beside myself, as there seems to be so many things going wrong with my poor Boybee. I guess we'll just take it one day at a time and hope for the best.

One thing that cracked me up, they just couldn't get his name right! They had him down as "Mismi" and no matter what I did to try and show them how it's spelled, they still couldn't get it. So please continue your prayers for my "Mismi."

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh no!!! Poor Mishi or should I say Mismi.:( I'm glad that you were able to take him to the ER vet's and that they could help him. I knew there were some better vets around in your area. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I sure hope that he'll feel better soon. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

jenluckenbach
06-02-2007, 05:10 AM
How scary! Mishi is still in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Medusa
06-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Oh, sweet Mishi/Mismi, LOL. Of course, lots of prayers and positive energy sent his way. And yours, too. Glad you took him in and found out what was wrong, though. That can be so painful!

RedHedd
06-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks, everyone. I took him back to his regular vet this morning. He pretty much didn't move at all last night after we got home. He tried to pee/poop; peed a little, sniffed at the water and food and then went to lie down and he stayed there all night. I was a wreck, checking on him every few hours. He's pretty miserable.

I did give him some medication this morning, but it's obvious he needs more care than I can give him right now. I cried when I left him. He's not doing well at all :(

Medusa
06-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Special prayers going out to Mishi and you.

AbbyMom
06-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Oh no! Prayers and warm thoughts for Mishi on the way.

jenluckenbach
06-02-2007, 02:59 PM
EXTRA prayers for Mishi (and for you).

I want you to know that if it does turn out to be Mishi's time for a trip to the bridge, You WILL make the right decision! You WILL know when it's time. And you WILL be OK. Do you wonder how I know this? Because you LOVE him, and nothing is more important that HIS well being.

So pray, and worry, and hope, and cry, but know that you did all that is humanly possible and the situation is in a higher hands than our own.

RedHedd
06-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Thank you, Jen, for your kind words. He is hospitalized and will stay there at least through Monday. The vet asked me how far I wanted to go with this and I'm not sure. If he's suffering, I don't want him to suffer. I asked if she thought he could pull through and she said he could with the right care. He's on I.V.'s and I have to go drop of some meds he got from the E.R. last night. They did get him to eat and drink a bit, but he's so terribly dehydrated. He's getting the best care I can afford for now.

P.S. I'm in love with little Maybelline!

lbaker
06-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh Jen, you always know just the right words and the right time to say them. RH, we all are with you in heart and spirit and will be. There when you need us my dear. Heart love and {{hugs}} to you right now.

Catty1
06-02-2007, 04:31 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

I hope Mishi feels better when he gets more hydration...and whatever the "right care" is, I pray it is something you can handle easily.

Just love that dear boy all you can...pats and scritchies from me.

You are doing everything you can - never doubt yourself.

cassiesmom
06-02-2007, 05:32 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

I hope Mishi feels better when he gets more hydration...and whatever the "right care" is, I pray it is something you can handle easily.

Just love that dear boy all you can...pats and scritchies from me.

You are doing everything you can - never doubt yourself.

Hugs, pats, skritches from me, too.

Taz_Zoee
06-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Mishi will be in my thoughts. I am sorry you are going through this tough time. Please know whatever you decide in the long run, Mishi will still (and always) love you.

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Georgia, I'm so sorry to hear that Mishi's still not doing well.:( I'm continuing to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I'm here for you if you need me. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

kb2yjx
06-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Mishi not doing well. But, I agree with Jen. You will do the right thing because you love him. And it is never easy...I remember going thru the same thing with Ralph just last year...prayers for Mishi and prayers and hugs for you....please take care...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Oh my gosh, Georgia, I'm SO sorry to hear Mishi's in trouble again. :(

I just know with all your love and the best care he can get - and all the PT prayers - he'll pull through this. He just has to. :(

{{{hugs}}} to you and gentle smoochies to little Mishi. :(

PS - Jen really does have a knack for knowing just what to say and when to say it, doesn't she? :)

Medusa
06-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Just because Mishi has to be on subQ's for the rest of his life doesn't necessarily mean an immediate death sentence. Puddy has to be on them forever, too, and like Mishi, she has her episodes and w/each one I wonder if this is "the one". But they're both tough cookies and bounce back. Whether they decide to stay or go, we have to know that we've done everything humanly and spiritually possible to keep them well and alive. Whatever happens, ya dun good. And Mishi knows that. But we're still sending out those good vibes and loving prayers for Mishi and you.

Russian Blue
06-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I don't travel to the site much these days but I'm so sorry to hear about Mishi.

You WILL make the right decision! You WILL know when it's time. And you WILL be OK. Do you wonder how I know this? Because you LOVE him, and nothing is more important that HIS well being.

So pray, and worry, and hope, and cry, but know that you did all that is humanly possible and the situation is in a higher hands than our own.

I am also sending many prayers and comfort in whatever decision needs to be made. (((Hugs))) and (((hugs))) to you during this emotional time.

Donnaj4962
06-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Just popping in to see how our Mishi/Mismi is doing today? Many prayers coming from Indiana.... me and the girls have our fingers and paws crossed for you and your baby.

Randi
06-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm SO sorry that Mishi and you are going through this, but I really hope the fluids and medicine will help him pull through, and you will have some more good times together! I know how heartbreaking to see him like that. :(

Lot of positive thoughts and gentle headbumpies from me and Fister.

Big ((((hugs))))

Queen of Poop
06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Prayers for Mishi, lots and lots of prayers.

Hugs for you to help you thru this.

RedHedd
06-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Once again I'm blown away by the generosity, love and caring of the Pet Talk community. Those of you who have contributed $$ to help defray the costs of Mishi's hospitalization - I can't thank you enough. Every little bit helps; but the love and caring I'm receiving from this website is more than any amount of money can ever buy.

I talked to the vet tech this morning who said he's doing a bit better. He's alert, eating and peeing. I should get a report from the vet later today.

My office mates are cracking up because Mishi received a very official looking UPS package today. The vet had called in a medication from a compounding pharmacy back East. It was delivered today, addressed to Mr. Mishi Llewellyn :) Ah, my son!

Thank you everyone for your kindness. Pet Talk ROCKS!

Catty1
06-04-2007, 01:37 PM
It was delivered today, addressed to Mr. Mishi Llewellyn

LOL! How cute is that???!!?? :D

Great news on Mishi! Fingers and paws crossed, and prayers too!

cassiesmom
06-04-2007, 02:02 PM
It was delivered today, addressed to Mr. Mishi Llewellyn :) Ah, my son!

Dear Mr. Llewellyn: I am one of your biggest fans on Pet Talk. In fact, I am a fan of all of the orange cats on Pet Talk. I am writing you this note to say that I hope you are feeling much better today. I am glad to hear that you are more alert and your appetite has improved. I hope your person will give this to you for me when she sees you again: *PET*

Kind regards,
Elyse
Personal servant of Cassie and lover of orange cats

kb2yjx
06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear of Mishi's progress! Will continue to send prayers!!!

RedHedd
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM
He's home; awfully poopy back there. They got him eating and going, but they didn't bother to clean him up :( He's obviuosly feeling LOTS better, but not out of the woods yet. They've sent him home on a whole slew of meds, Baytril, Enulose, stuff to dissolve his bladder stones, and the SubQ's are to continue daily. He seems very happy to be home, although Mitzi still hasn't come out of hiding - I know he doesn't smell like Mishi; he smells like VET!

The $$ just keeps rolling in from you all. Thank you every single one of you. The bill for the past few days was a little over $600; paired with the $300+ for the E.R. last Friday night and several hundred over the past few weeks .... every little bit helps! Thank you again SO much!

krazyaboutkatz
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Mishi is doing well and is back home again.:) I hope that he continues to do well. I'm still keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

RedHedd
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
It was SO nice to wake up around 3:00 a.m. to find a big orange kitty sleeping next to me. I missed him SO much when he was hospitalized. He seems a LOT better this morning, eating, drinking water, peeing/pooping - all is not quite normal yet, but he seems to be on the mend. Even his meow sounds more normal. Let's just hope he continues on an upward swing. :)

Catty1
06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Good prayers for Mishi! :)

jenluckenbach
06-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, he may not feel 100%, but he sure sounds like he is on his way there. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I am so glad Mishi is back home with his mommy where he belongs. :D
Get better soon Mishi Boy!! :)

Donnaj4962
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh what wonderful news to see that Mishi is home again! And he was sleeping with you! That is always a good sign! Hope he continues to mend. Has Mitzi come out yet? More prayers coming your way from me and the girls in Indiana!

By the way, I love the package for him! That is hysterical! :D

RedHedd
06-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Mitzi is still hiding. I think she's jealous of all the extra-special attention and food Mishi is getting. The only food he will eat right now is Fancy Feast, although he did eat a jar of turkey baby food yesterday too.

He's not 100% yet. When he starts humping my teddy bear again, THEN I will know he's back ;)

RedHedd
06-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I came home last night after being gone all day to two cats playing! It was such a good sign, however I had had a call from the vet during the day. The Enusol was working a little too well and causing diarrhea, so we've cut that out. I'm still struggling to get Mishi to eat and it's obvious to me that he's close to the end. The vet concurs that he is showing signs of the end stages of kidney disease, so I know I'll have to make the decision soon.

For now he's resting, nibbling at his food, drinking water, but it's clear that the end is near. I pray that I don't wait too long and that he doesn't suffer. We're just taking it one day at a time.

Catty1
06-09-2007, 11:51 AM
:( I am so sorry...

What does the Enusol do?

Mishi, please eat for your mom...would you like baby food?

HUGS and I hope Mishi feels playful for a while yet!

kb2yjx
06-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Yes, it is a tough decision to make...but as long as Mishi is eating, and at this stage of the game, I'd let him have ANYTHING that he wants...I am sure seeing both cats playing made you happy! I know I had to smile when I read that!!! Prayers and hugs...

RedHedd
06-09-2007, 12:27 PM
What does the Enusol do?
It's a stool softener. I've learned that kidney cats will get constipated because their bodies leech water from every source. Once we get him eating somewhat normally again, I'll have to monitor his output.

Mishi, please eat for your mom...would you like baby food?
I'll be picking some up for him today along with Fancy Feast. A friend told me Fancy Feast is the MacDonald's of cat food, but if he's going to eat it .... right now I'm letting him eat anything he will eat.

Medusa
06-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My Peeka had acute kidney failure, different, obviously from chronic renal failure. But when she stopped eating and then her eyes and inside of her ears became jaundiced, it was clear that her liver was shutting down, too. I hope that helps you any when it comes time to do what you know you have to. I didn't want my Peeka to suffer and I know you feel the same way about Mishi, bless him. Lots of prayer power going out to you both nonetheless.

Craftlady
06-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I'll be picking some up for him today along with Fancy Feast. A friend told me Fancy Feast is the MacDonald's of cat food, but if he's going to eat it .... right now I'm letting him eat anything he will eat.

Fancy Feast Gourmet Chicken is doing wonders at my house these days. :)

kb2yjx
06-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Our vet once said that for some strange reason, kidney cats seem to LOVE Mac Donald's french fries!! I brought some home once and WOW!!! did they go!!

lbaker
06-09-2007, 03:52 PM
When we first met for dinner my friend, we both tried to talk about our "heart cats", my Sunny and your Goldie... we both knew and couldn't really talk any more, didn't have to. My Sunshine ate jarred baby food at the end and loved it and of course loved me - as all our babies do. You are not alone in this.

Catty1
06-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Our vet once said that for some strange reason, kidney cats seem to LOVE Mac Donald's french fries!! I brought some home once and WOW!!! did they go!!

Maybe it's all the salt? Have you ever seen the staff use the salt shaker on that thing? WOW! But that might make the cats drink more water, to flush it out of the system.

Bless little Mishi and all heart cats...I have one, and know there will be a day...

{{{{hugs}}}}

jenluckenbach
06-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, If it is true that the end is near, to know that you played with your sister today should be comforting.

Have you asked the vet if canned a/d might help Mishi eat. It seems to be very palatable.

RH, cuddle that boy for all that you are worth. Those (and many other) memories will be with you forever. (and take pictures......skinny or not, you will be glad you have them)

Medusa
06-09-2007, 04:22 PM
My Puddy LOVES salt and vinegar potato chips. I give her teeny weeny bites and Dr. Lee said "Hey, the salt will make her drink more water and she needs the fluids." But I was giving them to her because I feared she wouldn't be around much longer and I wanted to give her anything she wanted and that she could keep down. She still loves them and, although I don't buy them that often, when I do and she hears me rustling that bag, she comes running. Give your baby what he wants. At this point, it couldn't hurt, could it?

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Georgia, I'm sorry to hear that Mishi may be near the end.:( Please give him some kisses and scritches for me. I'm sure he'll let you know when it's time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

RedHedd
06-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Yesterday Mishi was so down and depressed I was afraid it was his last. I picked up some appetite stimulants from the vet and then gave him some Fancy Feast in a crystal bowl. He woke me this morning at 5:30 wanting to play. He even knocked over a glass of Crystal Light that was on my nightstand, so I had to get up to clean it up. Then he wanted water from the bathtub faucet and then food! He's bouncing around, almost like his former self.

He even squawked when I gave him his sub-Q's then went and hid for a bit, ate and now he's at his usual Sunday morning place on my pillow in the bedroom where he can watch the birds through the window.

Because he's been eating a bit and hasn't pooped, I did give him a low dose of Enulose so he doesn't get constipated, but he seems much more comfortable today.

jenluckenbach
06-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I would assume that it is normal for them to have good days and bad days.

cassiesmom
06-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Yay, Mishi Orangie! Way to have a good day! Please eat a lot for your mum, she loves you.

Catlady711
06-10-2007, 11:20 PM
:( I am so sorry...

What does the Enusol do?

It's a stool softener.

Jack is on Enulose for his mega colon problem. Jack gets so constipated that no amount of pumpkin, laxitone, or enulose seem to make much difference. Glad it seems to be working for someone though.

Catty1
06-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Catlady711 - might I suggest one more thing?

It doesn't have to be this brand - but Herbalife makes an aloe beverage that is nicknamed the 'smooth mover' for its digestive and healing benefits.

I wonder if getting some pure aloe gel (from the same supplier OR from a health food store) and putting some on Jack's paws so he licks it off would help?

Can't hurt!

Donnaj4962
06-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I am sorry I haven't posted for a few days. (My puter at home is on the fritz, but I am at work now! ;) ) While I may not have posted, you, Mishi and Mitzi have been in my thoughts and prayers.

I was glad to read that they were playing when you came home a few nights ago! What a wonderful sight that had to have been!

PLease Mishi, keep eating, drinking, peeing and pooing! Many prayers that when the time comes, everyone will be at peace. As others have said, cherish the good times, love on him and give him what he wants to eat! **By the way, 19 year old Tabitha has always LOVED McDonald's french fries! They are her prefence over any other fast food fries! :eek: :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
<wipes Carmex off monitor after giving Mishi a get-well smooch>

Taz_Zoee
06-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm just getting caught up on this thread again.
I'm sorry it's such a roller coaster ride for you right now. I really don't know what else to say, but please know you, Mishi and Mitzi are in my thoughts. :)

kb2yjx
06-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Keeping the prayers coming...

RedHedd
06-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Mishi has improved so much in the past day or so. Last night he *almost* humped his beloved teddy bear, at least he's back to making bread on her :D

He's on an appetite stimulant (Periactin) which is helping to get him eating. He's still not eating normally, but he IS eating quite a bit more than he was, although it's still only the Fancy Feast. At least I've gotten him to eat some crunchies as he'll now come running when I'm giving Mitzi her treats and will crunch down a few. I just wish he'd start eating his X/D again. He has grown to hate the X/D wet and will go running if I so much as open a can of it.

I am giving him a little bit of Enulose to keep him going and he appears to be having normal poops.

He looks so much better hydrated and perkier, although he still isn't grooming himself, he is grooming Mitzi again. He's also gotten more assertive in requesting access to the bathtub faucet. Lately he will come into the bathroom and stand on the toiletseat giving me the evil eye while I'm using HIS shower. He wastes no time, as soon as I'm ready to come out, he jumps in. Silly boy!

Each day is different. It seems like he's turned a corner and I'm cautiously optimistic that he will continue to improve with all the TLC and attention he's getting. The Pet Talk prayers (and $$ - it's still coming in - THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!) are helping tremendously.

Medusa
06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
What excellent news! Yay, Mishi!

cassiesmom
06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
does anyone out there have RedHedd's Pay Pal address?

Donnaj4962
06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
What wonderful news! Keep getting better Mishi! We are all praying for you!

kb2yjx
06-13-2007, 06:34 PM
What a wonderful update to read this evening! I hope Mishi has turned the corner and continues to wellness!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Georgia, I've been away from PT for a few days, and I almost dreaded coming back because I was afraid to see bad news about Mishi. Instead I see the wonderful news that he is improving - yippeeee!!!

I hope and pray that he continues to do well. :)

As others have said, there will be good days and bad days, and I hope there are more good than bad. However......I almost hate to mention it.....but they can take a turn for the worse in an instant - Tubby did. So enjoy every precious moment with him that you can, and spoil, spoil, spoil. :)

Keep on keeping on, Mishi! We know you can do it!

RedHedd
06-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks, Debbie (T&P's mom). Each day is different. It's hot here right now - about 90 and the cats are miserable. Mishi was not-so-good last night and this morning. I bought some special baby food for him today and will see if I can coax him to eat it; he's nibbling at the Fancy Feast. I am cherishing every minute I have with my orange boybee. He's so thin and frail; even on his good days he's still kinda punky, but of course I love him just the same (or maybe more; Mitzi is getting jealous).

lbaker
06-14-2007, 07:23 PM
awww :( sleep well and gentle tonight, all of you

jennielynn1970
06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I hope Mishi will continue to feel ok... he's such a handsome guy. It's so hard to see them not feeling well and not know what to do.

cassiesmom
06-17-2007, 10:37 PM
BUMP

RedHedd... just checkin in... how are the M's today?
HUGHUGHUGHUG

RedHedd
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Yesterday I thought I was going to lose Mishi. He was so down and lethargic. I hardly slept all night thinking I would wake up to a cold cat or have to take him to the vet for his last sleep. Instead, he's up, eating, tail perky, hiding from me when he saw me taking the bag of fluids to the bathroom (easier to do it there as there's a hangy thing that's just the right height to get the fluids flowing at a good rate and I can confine him, even though he's very easy to give fluids to). So he gets to stay on this side of the Bridge one more day.

It really is one day at a time right now. I pray that I'll know when the time is right - it's very close; its' just not today.

Catty1
06-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Wishing you happy and perky days with dear Mishi. :)

Prairie Purrs
06-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm glad today's a good day for Mishi. The ups-and-downs are so hard, but the good days are really precious.

krazyaboutkatz
06-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Georgia, This must be so difficult to see.:( I'm glad that today is a good day and I hope that he'll continue to have many more. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

jenluckenbach
06-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Praying for strength, as those ups and downs can take a toll on you. Wishing you many UPS and very few downs.

kb2yjx
06-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Knowing that the end is coming it not easy. Just count the good days and enjoy every one of them! Prayers for good days...

slick
06-18-2007, 08:24 PM
RH:
I have been following this thread but have not posted much yet. Sometimes I read a thread like this and it's too close to home...it brings back all the pain that I felt when Speckles was on her way out. Her kidneys shut down and eventually the rest of her organs. Speckles was fine a couple of weeks prior, then she went downhill so fast that she never perked up at all.

...but it sounds as if Mishi is not there yet. If he is perking up for Fancy Feast that is an excellent sign and he could be around for months yet. Keep the faith girl! Enjoy every moment you have with Mishi and when the time comes, I pray that you will be given the strength to get through it. Call me if you want to talk, OK?

Big {{{hugs}}} to you Georgia and gentle kisses to the furbabies.
slick
xoxoxo

RedHedd
06-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks, everyone. I came home to Mishi chowing down! He keeps amazing me. I cherish every moment I have with the silly goon. He may not be my BIG goon anymore, but he's still my goofy boybee.

cassiesmom
06-18-2007, 08:51 PM
I copied this from RedHedd's photo album:
http://www.imagestation.com/4720534/4049357878
Mishi, sweet boy. I'm glad you're interested in your dinner today! I hope and pray that you are going to have good days on top of good days. Cause your mum loves you and you have a whole lot of fans on Pet Talk. Here are some kisses for the two fluffy kitties at RedHedd's house: *SMOOCH *SMOOCH

RedHedd
06-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Aw! Thanks. That one is kind of blurry. Here is my all-time favorite picture of Mishi:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pf5e153cfb8b9730446f5c56d49865723/fb64ab65.jpg
I even made it my desktop at work today.

Donnaj4962
06-19-2007, 02:23 PM
What a great picture of Mishi! I just love it! He is so handsome!

I hope that his good days continue to be better....

We are still keeping all of you in our prayers!

cassiesmom
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
*mmwah*
<cassiesmom wipes Carmex off monitor again>

inlovewithanimals
06-19-2007, 06:41 PM
well mishi stay with her as long as posssible everyone needs a special pet and i guess your hers! :)

kb2yjx
06-19-2007, 06:57 PM
That is great to hear that Mishi is " chowing down!!!"

Medusa
06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
So glad to hear that today is a good day for Mishi. Praying that you both have many more together.

cassiesmom
06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
RH, how is Mishi today?

RedHedd
06-21-2007, 03:14 PM
He's not doing too good. I had to pick up some fluids at the vet's yesterday and discussed the timing of his last sleep. It's not scheduled; but they gave me a plan for when the time comes.

He had a very rough day yesterday. I had to syringe feed him some baby food as he wouldn't even touch the Fancy Feast on his own. He slept in the cat carrier last night, which always scares me. He crawls in there to hide when he's feeling really punky. But then he came and snuggled next to me a bit around 3:00 a.m. and stayed until getting up time.

This morning he ate a bit, but it's clear he's not doing well. I don't want him to suffer. I just pray that his passing will be peaceful. :(

slick
06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
LES....... :(

RH: You will know when it's time. Mishi will tell you when you look into his eyes.

{{{hugs}}} I wish I could be there to support you through this..... :(

lbaker
06-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh Georgia :( You are doing all you can and he is well aware of how much you love him. He would no longer have you suffer than you would him. Try to stay strong but know there are many shoulders to lean on when you need us.

cassiesmom
06-21-2007, 05:30 PM
thinking of you today, RH - I hope Mishi rallies again... come on boybee, it's not time to cross the bridge yet...

jennielynn1970
06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Tears running down my face as I read this.... C'mon Mishi, it's too soon to go to the bridge buddy. Hang in there sweetie, your meowmie needs you and you need her. Hugs and kisses from me and my gang.

kb2yjx
06-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Mishi will let you know...Just love him, he knows you are doing the best you can for him. Prayers and hugs for you both!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Georgia, I'm so sorry to hear this about Mishi.:( Like others have said, he'll let you know when it's time. Until then just take it one day at time and shower him with love and kisses. You'll both continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.(((HUGS)))

Taz_Zoee
06-21-2007, 09:46 PM
:( I am so sorry. Nothing I can say will make it better. So please just know you are in my thoughts.

Catty1
06-21-2007, 11:48 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Mishi baby...do you have some perky days left in you? Your mom would love to see them! :)

Georgia, just remember how many people are with you...you are not alone. We're here for you and your furbaby.

cassiesmom
06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
RH, how's the boybee today?

RedHedd
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
He's had a few good days. Last Thursday or Wednesday he was SO low, I gave him some of his pain meds that I had left over from one of his previous episodes. This stuff is STRONG! My poor boybee had saucer-sized eye balls and was SO stoned, but I think it was exactly what he needed - a night free of any pain. I don't know if he had been in pain, but he had looked miserable.

The next day I had a much happier kitty and he has remained pretty chipper, eating on his own, although he still won't touch the X/D. I'm just happy he's eating! He knocked over my glass several times trying to get a drink - his head is way too big to fit into a glass, but he keeps trying :rolleyes: the silly goon!

He seems a bit down today, but that's probably because it's been warm. In his current state, he doesn't like heat too much.

kb2yjx
06-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Mishi, the Clan Cats are on your side about the heat!!! You take care and keep cool! Hugs to you and your Mom...

cassiesmom
07-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Hello, Mishi sweet ... how are you? How are your Mom and Mitzi? hughughughug

RedHedd
07-02-2007, 11:32 PM
:( I'm afraid the end is very near. Mishi is nothing but fur and bones and barely moves from the bed except to eat a little. I have a glass of water for him on the nightstand which he loves. Now he doesn't have to try and squeeze his head into MY glass and make a mess.

I had to move his litterbox into the bedroom because he had started peeing on the bed; now he's using the litterbox again, but it's obvious that I'll have to take him for his last sleep probably sometime this week. He's so frail and I can tell he's not enjoying life.

He and I have "talked" and he knows it's okay for him to leave. I'm sad to lose my golden buddy and feel privileged to have had the honor of being his guardian for the past four years.

krazyaboutkatz
07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Georgia, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I know how much he means to you and I'm sure that he loves you as much as you love him. I hope that you can make him as comfortable as possible in the time that you have left together. Please give him some kisses and scritches for me. If you need to talk I'm only a phone call or pm a way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
07-03-2007, 06:30 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Gentle hugs to you both and know that we're here for you.

jenluckenbach
07-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Sad news. :(

lbaker
07-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Oh Georgia, you may feel very alone right now, you and Mishi.. but please know somewhere inside that you are not. Ever.

momtomany
07-03-2007, 12:07 PM
There are no words. My prayers are with you and Mishi both.

Catty1
07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

cassiesmom
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
MORE HUGHUGHUGHUGS ... thinking of you

Donnaj4962
07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Many hugs coming to you and your preciouos Mishi.

RedHedd
07-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Well, it won't be today. I don't know if I should be mad at the vet's office or not - they said they're too busy today and closed tomorrow; did I want to make an appointment for Thursday? :rolleyes: That was such a hard phone call to make, you would think they would be more sympathetic. I opted not to make an appointment and we'll see how he's doing on Thursday. I suspect he will be ready.

Poor Mishi is laying on my pillow and I thought he was sweating, but I think perhaps he's grooming himself! It's been so long since he's groomed himself that I'm not used to feeling his fur so damp. His fur gets crimpy curly when it's damp - it's so cute.

A girlfriend reminded me that I did have pain meds for him, so I've given him a bit to make him more comfortable. So he'll be around to celebrate his sister's and America's birthday tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. I does help to make this a bit easier to bear.

Russian Blue
07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
:( I'm afraid the end is very near.....
He and I have "talked" and he knows it's okay for him to leave. I'm sad to lose my golden buddy and feel privileged to have had the honor of being his guardian for the past four years.

:( It is the ultimate act of love to give the final release. It was the hardest think I have ever done to let Nakita go, but she was in the same state. I couldn't watch her suffer for my needs to keep her with me.

My heart goes out to you, since I had to travel a similar road in January. You'll be in my thoughts. Please give Mishi a gentle hug from me, ok?

slick
07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
:( :( Major LES going on here right now. Georgia, I wish I could be with you at a time like this...then again, you're probably like me....wanting to spend his final moments alone with you. I don't know what else to say except {{{hugs}}} to you and please plant a kiss on Mishi's forehead for me. Tell him that I've spoken with Speckles and she will be right there to greet him when he crosses that bridge.

AmberLee
07-03-2007, 11:23 PM
{{{gentle hugs}}}

You both are in my prayers.

kb2yjx
07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I am so sorry to read this. Prayers and hugs for you both....

Barbara
07-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I am so sorry I missed all this while I was travelling.
Sending all my best wishes to you and Mishi, believe me I know quite well how you feel right now.

jenluckenbach
07-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Thinking of you and Mishi today.

Taz_Zoee
07-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Just catching up with this. I am so sorry Georgia. :( I don't really know what else to say. {{{HUGS}}}

jennielynn1970
07-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and Mishi... I hope his crossing will be easy. Dear boy... know that Georgia adores you more than words or expressions can every convey. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you both.

RedHedd
07-06-2007, 12:27 PM
My friend reminded me that I had pain meds for him, so I gave him a dose on Tuesday and Wednesday and he's bounced back - again. Yesterday he was pestering Mitzi so much that SHE got really P.O'd and was even hissing at ME to make him stop. It was kind of funny.

He's up and eating, peeing, pooping. Obviously he's not very active, but pestering Mitzi and grooming are very good signs. Last night I was reading on my bed and he was sleeping SO soundly on the pillow next to me that he was snoring - it was so cute. He hadn't slept that comfortably in a long time.

Catty1
07-06-2007, 12:50 PM
An Energizer Bunny too! :D Glad he is comfy and enjoying life. :)

cassiesmom
07-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Yay, Mishi! Keep ticking, sweet boy!

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Georgia,I'm glad to hear that he's bounced back again.:) I hope that you'll be able to keep him as comfortable as possible. You both remain in my thoughts and prayers.

catmandu
07-06-2007, 04:01 PM
We Are So Glad To Hear That Our Old Friend Mishi Is Home Again Where Her Chances Of Recovery Are So Much Better, Being With Her Family And Companions.
The Found Cats Are Wishing Mishi Nothing But The Very Best.

Medusa
07-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Well, this is good news, I must say. Prayers going out that Mishi only gets better and better.

Barbara
07-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Mishi pestering Mitzi and sleeping really comfortably- that's good news :D

Freedom
07-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh Mishi, keep it up you are such a lucky kitty! You have lots of PT prayers.

RedHedd
07-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks everyone. He's gotten so weak and frail that he's not making it to the litter box and has been peeing in my bed! :eek: I stripped everything, tried Nature's Miracle, my expensive spread is in the cleaners (thank God they had a 50% off sale - it's a California King!). I'm trying not to get mad at him and even remembered T&P's mom using a shower curtain when Peanut was doing the same thing. Now I know the noise of sleeping in a crinkly bed :rolleyes: What can I do to make him stop? I've tried catching him, but he's a sneaky little devil - he KNOWS he's not supposed to be doing it.

I moved one litter box into the bedroom, which he used for a day, but then he got confused. I keep taking him to his regular litter box and he uses it; he's even using Mitzi's covered box which he's never done - mainly because he didn't used to be able to fit, but now he's so small that he can. I feel so bad for him. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Catty1
07-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Gosh, what a roller-coaster with this poor guy! One day he's bothering his sibling and eating everything in sight...the next, he's not making it to the box and is confused! :(

All I can say...if he doesn't rally again in the next couple of days...I would guess it is time.

What a remarkable and feisty boy he has been.

HUGS and prayers.

Medusa
07-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Oh boy, this is tough on you, huh? As for the shower curtain, if it works, why not but my cats hate plastic and would pee on it just out of principle. :p Keep watching Mishi and if you see that he's getting worse and especially if he appears to be suffering, well, then you'll know what to do. Until then, enjoy every moment and be as patient as you possibly can so that you don't have one bad moment where you lost it because that will be the moment that stays w/you. You're strong and you'll handle everything just fine. Special prayers going out to you.

Donnaj4962
07-09-2007, 08:22 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. (((hugs))) to you and Mishi.

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Georgia, I'm still keeping both you and Mishi in my thoughts and prayers. I know that he'll let you know when it's time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

jennielynn1970
07-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Poor boy... I was hoping he was rallying again and would be better for a while. Gentle hugs to Mishi, and a big old hug to you!

Catty1
07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Give Mishi a kiss on his forehead for me, please. Darling orangie. I hope you and he are doing ok today.

slick
07-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Between Mishi and Sherman....I don't which thread gives me the leakiest eyes!!!! :( I know only too well the sinking feeling of watching our beloved pets grow old and frail. More prayers on the way to help you through this difficult time.

slick
xoxoxo

slick
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
How is little Mishi today???

RedHedd
07-10-2007, 08:54 PM
He's hanging in. I've been so busy at work I haven't had time to call the vet and when I get home they're closed! I have to make time to make "the appointment" for I think this Saturday. I have to find out when the good vet is there and not vet Cratchet as I want her to be the one helping him cross the bridge. He's ready and so am I. I'm amazed he's lasted this long, but he just keeps perking along - not very perky, but he's got enough oomph to give Mitzi a lick and a cuddle here and there; snuggles with me, jumps up on the bed, the couch, Mitzi's litter box (she Loves that - not!). He send gentle head bumpies

slick
07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
LES :( :(
Please please plant a kiss on his sweet little forehead and tell him it's from a crazy Canadian.

Too many furbabies making the trip.......**shakes head** :(

ramanth
07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh Georgia... I can't believe I'm finding this thread now. :( :(

Not Mishi...not that sweet fluffy orange boy. :( :(

I am so sorry he's not well.

*HUGS*

Catty1
07-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh Mishi...you are enjoying some snuggling and grooming your sister...

HUGS to you and your mom.

RedHedd, please give him a smooch on the forehead for me. :(

jazzcat
07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I am so sorry. I'm just now reading all this and it wasn't at all what I expected. :( I'm just so sorry.

You and Mishi are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this must be so hard on you. Lots of (((HUGS))).

krazyaboutkatz
07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Georgia, I know that this is a very difficult time for you. I'm continuing to keep you and Mishi in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

jennielynn1970
07-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Gentle hugs and kissies coming for Mishi from PA. Keep having good days dear boy.

cloverfdx
07-11-2007, 08:46 AM
RH i am so very sorry :(.

Donnaj4962
07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Gentle hugs and kisses to Mishi from me and the girls in Indiana. You and he are in our prayers.

kuhio98
07-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Gentle hugs and kisses to you both. I hope that Mishi continues to have perky moments. The goodbyes are very tough after so many wonderful years together. :(

Whisk_Luva
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
:(

Kisses and Hugs to Mishi

(((Hugs)))

RedHedd
07-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Friday the 13th will be a sad day. Yes, I made the call and scheduled the appointment. :(

ramanth
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
*hugs*

jenluckenbach
07-11-2007, 02:52 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} a sad day, indeed. :(

cassiesmom
07-11-2007, 04:03 PM
*hugs*

[[[[ hugs ]]]] from me too
RB kitties Poco, Jasmine and Churchill will be ready to greet Mishi.

Catty1
07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
OH, Georgia....give yourself and that beautiful boy lots of gentle {{{{hugs}}}} from me.

Will the vet come to your house, by any chance - or is Mishi pretty good at the vet's?

HUGS

Killearn Kitties
07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
:( From your lovely posts on Goldie, I know you will make the very most of the time left.
My thoughts are with you tonight.

RedHedd
07-11-2007, 05:32 PM
OH, Georgia....give yourself and that beautiful boy lots of gentle {{{{hugs}}}} from me.

Will the vet come to your house, by any chance - or is Mishi pretty good at the vet's?

HUGS

Mishi is good at the vet (he's a very easy-going dude) - they're only across the street from where I live, which is why I go there. We also have the Rolls-Royce of carriers (Sherpa on wheels) for the kitties' transportation comfort. You should see the looks I get when I roll them down the street. Best investment I ever made when it comes to kitty care.

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Georgia, I'll continue to keep you and Mishi in my thoughts and prayers. Friday the 13th will certainly be a very sad day.:( I hope that Mishi's trip to the Bridge will be a peaceful one. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
07-12-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm so very sorry. Know that my prayers go w/you today and especially tomorrow.

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Poor Mishi...I wish I knew what to say. :( Having met the big guy in purrson, I can say honestly that his loss will be felt very deeply here.

*HUGS*

gini
07-13-2007, 12:21 AM
I am so very sorry - boy, these losses are just so hard on us.

I offer you a gentle hug and some prayers - this is a loss for all of us.

Karen
07-13-2007, 12:47 AM
You and Mishi will be in our prayers tomorrow/today.

ramanth
07-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Many more loving hugs and prayers sent.

Edwina's Secretary
07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Thinking of you....

Randi
07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Georgia, I'm so sorry. :( My thoughts will be with you.

((((hugs))))

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Georgia, I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Catty1
07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Whisk_Luva
07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
(((((Hugs)))))

Cinder & Smoke
07-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi God ~

Tubby an Paenutter sez they've got da Silver Klowd Express all *spiffed up* an gassed ta go ...

Are You Guys onna way out to da Left Coast?

That'll be Your passenger, Mishi, arrivin inna Rolls-Royce Kat Buggy wiff his Mom!

Give him a nice, smooth ride up to da Rainbow Bridge.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the :( Prayer Pups

SAFE TRIP, Mishi!
We'll all *MISS* Ya!
Say "HI" to our Boots Kat, paleeze!

mrspunkysmom
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Play hard at the Bridge, Mishi, and look in on you mommy!

So sorry for your loss.

Donnaj4962
07-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Godspeed to the Brisge sweet Mishi. Sending your Meowmie many (((hugs))) from Indiana.

RIP sweetie... RIP

RedHedd
07-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Phred, I needed that. I've asked Karen to move this thread to Cat Memorial. Not sure if I should post another thread there or not.

He had a peaceful passing and I'm glad I waited for the good vet to be there; she helped to make it special. He basically fell asleep in my arms and then we laid him on the table for the final drug to do its deed. He had tears in his eyes as he passed over the bridge so we both were crying at the end and I got to stay with him for a long time afterwards.

He's out of his pain and suffering. I know I did the right thing at the right time, but it's never easy

I took lots of pictures of him this morning before we left. The vet's office actually called to let me know she was running late, so we had an extra half or or so and I let Mitzi say her goodbyes too - she gave him a farewell sniff. It may be morbid, but I also took a pic of him with my cellphone after he was gone - he just looks very peaceful and relaxed.

Rest in peace my golden big boy - you will always have your velvet paws wrapped around my heart. :(

momtomany
07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Hugs and prayers for you. Mishi is at peace and happy and knows that one day you will be reunited.

smokey the elder
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Play nice at the Bridge, Mishi.

jennielynn1970
07-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh Georgia, I'm so sorry that Mishi had to cross the Bridge, but I'm glad that it was peaceful and that you were with him till the end. Those were probably tears of relief and joy for him.

Big hugs to the gorgeous orange boy! Play hard at the Bridge, Mishi, and know that we all loved to see your pics and hear all about you. Go and find Loki up there too, he's a newbie, and probably needs another PT kitty to have as a buddy. He's a gorgeous gray boy who belonged to Critter Crazy and was taken way too soon.

Hugs to you, Georgia, and to sweet Mitzi.

jenluckenbach
07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
RIP Mishi! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Medusa
07-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm so, so sorry, Georgia. It's very difficult but you did the right thing and you were w/Mishi til the very end, making his transition that much easier. Many prayers going out to you to heal your heart and good wishes for Mishi at the bridge. (((HUGS)))

Kirsten
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Haven't been much in Cat Health lately so I'm shocked to read that Mishi's end was so near - and that he crossed to Bridge now. You cared for him wonderfully and he left with the knowledge that he's very much loved. He's at peace now after a long time of illness and suffering.

I just read the entire thread and the ups and downs you went through remined me a lot of my final weeks with my RB Katz. But when the day came, I just knew it. She may have already greeted Mishi at the Bridge now, and maybe they are looking down at us now and sending us some gentle purrs.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle Autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there;
I did not die.

R.I.P. Mishi

Edwina's Secretary
07-13-2007, 04:13 PM
It sounds like a very gentle passing. Godspeed Mishi....

LionHart
07-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Georgia, I'm sorry that Mishi had to go to the Bridge today:( but I'm glad that it was a very peaceful passing. Now he's pain free and probably playing with every cat that will let him. You did the unselfish thing by letting him go and I'm sure that he loves you even more for this. I'm so glad that I was able to meet him in person and I'll never forget him. RIP sweet Mishi boy.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

rosethecopycat
07-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Godspeed to the Bridge, Mishi

You were well loved.

anna_66
07-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Although I haven't posted I have been keeping up with this thread.

You have my deepest condolences.
Anna