PDA

View Full Version : My Dude

Lizzie
04-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Here is my Dude last summer, when he was feeling well and enjoying the freedom of being in his own home after many years at the shelter:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/Zephryn_2006/IMG_0042.jpg

He died at home, in my arms, last Friday at 5:30pm.

Dude became my "sweetheart" cat within a week of being adopted. He was very gentlemanly, as befits a cat wearing a tux. He curled up close to me at night, but didn't take over too many of the covers. He was content to sit with me and gaze up into my face until I could stop typing and stroke him. He did have a tendency to snatch at my hand when I tried to go back to typing, but I took that as a compliment to my stroking. He also had a streak of mischievesness in him, and I would see it in his eyes sometimes as he looked back up at me, a kind of challenge not to impose on his good nature too far. He was a well-rounded cat. He had tattered ears, pieces of fur missing, scars, but also a generosity of spirit. He was a cat who gave.

I keep trying to remember not to look around and say "Where's my Dude", which I used to do all the time. I'll never forget him, how could I?

Catty1
04-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Darling Dude! That picture - I just want to kiss his dear face!

He had it SO good, and was SO happy - thank you, Lizzie, for loving him!

{{{{hugs}}}}

RedHedd
04-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh sweet Dude. I know he will be missed. RIP and play hard at the bridge, little Dude - and say Hi to my Goldie who crossed over four years ago. :(

rg_girlca
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Dude. You took him from the shelter and gave him such love and care that he so dearly deserved. Despite his tattered ears, missing fur and scars, he was such a handsome boy.

Rest in Peace dear Dude. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

I pray that you find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Lizzie.

rosethecopycat
04-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Thank you for giving The Dude a place to call home. You can see the joy on his face.
Thanks for loving him.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Dude

Prairie Purrs
04-16-2007, 09:22 PM
A lovely tribute to a wonderful fellow. He was so fortunate to have found a home with you.

krazyaboutkatz
04-17-2007, 12:44 AM
You sure were a handsome cat Dude. RIP sweet boy.:(

jenluckenbach
04-17-2007, 05:06 AM
RIP Dude! You will be missed. :(

Medusa
04-17-2007, 07:47 AM
He was a lucky dude to have found you. RIP, Dude. And hugs to you.

kb2yjx
04-17-2007, 07:52 AM
You gave Dude a home when he needed one, you gave Dude love, too. And Dude gave you love and affection that is such a treasure from a cat!! He will always love you, and knows how how you always tried to do what was best for him. Sleep softly, sweet Dude...

Donnaj4962
04-17-2007, 08:08 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Dude's passing. I love your tribute to him. He left this world knowing love and attention. And I am certain that he was happy to have spent the years with you that he did.

RIP sweet and handsome Dude, RIP little one.

Cataholic
04-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh, Tuxies have such a way of touching my heart. I am so sorry to hear that your Dude is gone now. RIP, beautiful tux.

Sonia59
04-17-2007, 11:50 AM
RIP beautiful Dude. You will not be forgotten.

Queen of Poop
04-17-2007, 12:19 PM
I read your tribute a bit ago but was unable to comment at that time. I was just too choked up. You and Dude were very good for each other and you were both blessed to have found each other and had the time that you did. I am most certain that he will be keeping a very close eye on you from the Bridge. I am very sorry for your loss.

catlover4ever
04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Dude. What a sweet gentleman. Know that you gave him a life that he never would have had if he had stayed in a shelter.

RIP Sweet Dude.

ramanth
04-17-2007, 01:08 PM
You will be missed Dude. RIP. :(

phesina
04-17-2007, 03:14 PM
What a beautiful, handsome fellow! And what a wonderful story you tell of him. The love that you and he share goes on forever.

Rest in peace, wonderful Dude, and my deepest sympathy to Lizzie and all who love him and miss him.

Hugs and Purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel

Killearn Kitties
04-19-2007, 03:50 AM
This is just a lovely tribute to a beautiful big boy. I love that photograph of him. He was such a handsome boy with such kissable-looking paws.

I am sorry that you didn't have longer with him, but I am glad that you found him and loved him in time.

Rest in peace sweet Dude.

catmandu
04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
I know how you feel as I lost Tubby2 less than a year after I took him off the street. He like Dude was so happy to have a warm bed and to have fod just sitting there waiting for him and clean fresh water to drink made him estatic, And the fact that there were always toys and cat nip was truly a blessing to Tubby 2 and I bet Dude who had such hard lives brfore finding thier Furr Ever Homes.
I asked Tubby 2 to be Dudes Angel pardner and he said that that would be his pleasure and those Black Cats are now having the time of thier lives.
And Dudes marking down places that you and he will visit together when your time comes.
One Fine Day