PDA

View Full Version : Priscilla is gone

phesina
04-16-2007, 05:56 PM
My sweet, beloved baby Pretty Precious Princess Priscilla went to the Rainbow Bridge today.

She and I and Dr. Susan Lewis (vet) put up a long and valiant fight against kidney disease.

This weekend it became clear that there was nothing more we could do, and she was ready to go. I held her in my lap and talked to her telling how much I love her and petted her, as Dr. Lewis administered the fluid and gently touched her chin. She slipped peacefully away, and I continued to hold her and pet her for quite a while longer.

I did a version of Lizzie's gesture as she said goodbye to her beloved Dude.. I wrapped her in a small fleece blanket and put a lock of my hair under her right front leg next to her body. Thank you, Lizzie. I had brushed her before we went to the vet's so I have a bit of her fur to keep. I told Dr. Lewis and the tech Suzie that I was doing this, and they assured me the hair and blanket would be kept with her.

Her body will be cremated and her ashes will wait with those of my other angels Mitsie and Phoebe and Mary Lou, to be mixed with my own remains as we all reunite at the Rainbow Bridge, One Fine Day.

Thanks for all your love and prayers and good wishes and kind thoughts.

Love,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, and Elmer, and Priscilla Angel

DrKym
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. What a great mom to help her at the moments. I am certain she thanks you.

Our familys' deepest sympathy.

The Goodnows

Medusa
04-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm so sorry, Pat. You were the best mom ever and you were with here right to the end. God bless you both. She's free now.

Grace
04-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Priscilla is in a wonderful place now, and you will see her again.

catlover4ever
04-16-2007, 06:10 PM
I am so sorry. The hardest thing we have to do in life is make that decision for our beloved fur-kids. Priscilla is looking down on you from a better place and waiting for the day to be reunited with you.

RIP Sweet Priscilla. :(

Taz_Zoee
04-16-2007, 06:17 PM
RIP Priscilla ((tears flowing))

critter crazy
04-16-2007, 06:24 PM
I am so sorry! RIP Priscilla:(

kb2yjx
04-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Sleep softly, dear sweet Priscilla...

jenluckenbach
04-16-2007, 06:27 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP Precious Priscilla.

Karen
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Rest in peace, Priscilla. There are butterflies to chase and sunbeams to lounge in up there at The Rainbow Bridge.

Edwina's Secretary
04-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Godspeed Precious Princess Priscilla......you were so deeply loved and will be so greatly missed....

Rest well....

Prairie Purrs
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm so very sorry. Rest gently, beautiful Priscilla.

Freedom
04-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Prisicilla was well loved, and most importnatly, SHE knew that. *LES* You real did help her all through this, and make her comfortable and cared for. Bless you! And for dear Priscilla, now she is at the Rainbow Bridge and so happy!

Freckles
04-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm so sorry. Please remember the good times.

RedHedd
04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
:( RIP sweet Priscilla. LES here. She put up a good fight. :(

slick
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
RIP sweet Princess Pricilla. You fought a good battle and now you can finally have some peace. {{{hugs}}} to you Pat for all you did for your Princess.

Catty1
04-16-2007, 07:27 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

What a sweet-faced girl...and that she went so gently, and the vet touched her chin.

How lucky and blessed you both are to have had such love for so long.

Darling Priscilla, blessed baby.

Are your other kitties ok? Are they looking for her?

Prayers for you, Pat.

Lizzie
04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry, Pat. You held Priscilla through her life, giving her the best life she could have, and you held her as she left her weakened body behind, leaving a little of her spirit behind to live in your heart. I am so glad you were able to use my idea. I felt a little silly mentioning it, though it was very important to me. Somehow, going through the ritual of washing the body, carefully wrapping it, talking to your pet is the beginning of healing.

AbbyMom
04-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm so sorry. RIP Priscilla. Play hard at the bridge. Hugs for you.

rg_girlca
04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh Pat, (LES) I am so sorry to hear about your precious Priscilla. You did all you could for your sweet girl with such love and care.

May you find comfort in the treasured memories of good times spent together.

Rest in Peace sweet Priscilla. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Pat

rosethecopycat
04-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Keep those special moments in your heart now. Abide the time you are apart until the moment you are reunited, One Fine Day

Godspeed to the Bridge, Priscilla

krazyaboutkatz
04-17-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Priscilla's passing.:( RIP sweet girl.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

sandragonfly
04-17-2007, 01:42 AM
oh my goodness.. loss at expressing words as found this just now. :( :( I'm so sorry, all of my deepest condolences to you and the furdears.

(((pat))) and your kids. :(

TopCat3
04-17-2007, 07:10 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, but it is satisfying in some way to know dear Priscilla had a dignified end and that you knew when the time was right to allow her this dignity. Not every furr darling has that opportunity. She had a wonderful life and graceful passing. Our thoughts are with you.

The TopCats (((XXX)))

Donnaj4962
04-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Oh my, LES here. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

RIP sweet Priscilla and Godspeed to the RB.

catmandu
04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I have LES as well and its so sad that our Pets outlive us and we have to go from seeing them as so healthy and full of live to growing older and sadly we have to have them pts.
Priscilla was a Dear Friend and Companion to not just you but Your Cats as well who will miss yer , and look for her.
I am sorry her AWA Mouse didnt get there but the road to the Rainbow Bridge was lined with them so she could play on her way to Paradise.
And she will see you again and the love will always be there.
One Fine Day.

Cataholic
04-17-2007, 10:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Priscilla is at the RB now. I pray she sends you a moment of clarity that lets you grieve a small amount less.

lvpets2002
04-17-2007, 12:04 PM
:( Oh no Pat I am so so sorry.. Our wittle Dearest Priscilla is at RB now as a Angel.. Priscilla will be greated by all the other Angels & Corinna now.. God Rest Your Soul RIP Priscilla.. You will always be in Meowmoms Heart.. She Loved You So Much..

phesina
04-17-2007, 03:37 PM
My gosh, so many wonderful, caring, loving messages and thoughts here. So many good, kind people reaching out to me and my other kit-babies to comfort us. I am deeply moved (LES here) and deeply grateful. Thank you all so much.

The other cats and I are still kind of stunned by all this. The cats have all been resting quietly in slightly hidden places. It was just last Wednesday we drove the 70 miles to Michigan State so her eyes could be checked out (pupils were dilated and fixed), and then drove back in a snowstorm complete with a flat tire on the way. Her eyes were fine, it turned out, but I think the trip was hard on her. I feel bad, and a little guilty, about putting her through that.

I also think I was in a kind of denial up to that point. I knew she was not doing all that great, but I wasn't really seeing her going so much further downhill. I thought she still had a few weeks to go and it was worth checking her eyes out in case it was something that might cause her more distress.

After that she made it quite clear that she was not doing well.

Thank you so much, everyone. I can't thank you enough for all your kindness and generosity.

Love,
Pat, Priscilla Angel, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, and Elmer

lvpets2002
04-17-2007, 04:28 PM
:( Oh Pat please dont feel guilty.. Yes we are always in denial on illness.. You did what you could for her & you loved her so deeply.. Priscilla is resting now at the RB Angels Gates .. She will meet new friends & Corinna will be able to cuddle with her.. You will always be in her heart & she in yours.. Bigg Huggss Pat.. PM me if you want to talk ok..

phesina
04-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Thank you, Helene, and big hugs back to you too,

Pat

jennielynn1970
04-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh Pat!
I'm so sorry to have just seen this now. I didn't have my own laptop with me since yesterday and so was out of touch with things. I'm so sorry that Priscilla has passed away. I had hoped she'd spend more time with you. She was such a beautiful girl, such soul searching eyes.

Priscilla, sweetie, play hard at the bridge, you'll be feeling so much better and will be just like a kitten again, with all the energy and vitality. Be good and have fun. Be sure to look for my boys up there, and my big calico Sadie who I had when I was in my 20's. She was a good girl like you.

smokey the elder
04-18-2007, 07:11 AM
I'm so sorry about Priscilla. Thanks for having the courage to do the final kindness. I like the idea of mixing your ashes with theirs some day. RIP, Priscilla! Go find Luna, a fellow kidney cat, and he'll give you a good face-washing.

momtomany
04-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Rest in peace sweet one and prayers for you and your family.

clydesdale
04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm so sorry. You are in my thought and prayers.

momcat
04-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this heartbreaking news. Sweet Priscilla had a wonderful life filled with your unconditional love and all the things a happy kitty could want or need.

RIP Priscilla, play hard at the RB. You will always be remembered fondly.....

phesina
04-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Thank you so much, Jenn, Smokey, Momtomany, Clydesdale, and Momcat.

I imagine Priscilla has settled in at the Bridge and has all kinds of new friends by now! ...and she will introduce them all to me, One Fine Day.

Love and gratitude,
Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Pat, and Priscilla Angel

catmandu
04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
With Pats kind permission I am posting a close up of Priscilla.
I hope it comes out all right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101650.jpg

kb2yjx
04-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Gary, you did a great job!!!! Pat will be so happy when she sees it!!!

Killearn Kitties
04-19-2007, 03:41 AM
What a beautiful girl your Priscilla was. I am so sorry to hear that she has lost her fight.

Rest in peace, Priscilla. You were very loved.

phesina
04-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Gary, that is such a beautiful picture! Thank you so much for doing that. I love it.

Thank you, Karen. She's a beauty indeed, much loved and much missed.

The vet's office called today. Her remains are back already. I guess I'll go pick them up tomorrow, and take back the bags of saline solution and cans of MaxCal that we don't need any more.

Thanks, everyone.

Love,
Pat and Priscilla Angel

Medusa
04-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Such a pretty girl. I hope you're doing better, Pat.

phesina
04-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Thank you, Mary. I'm okay. I'm mainly very tired. I'm slowly starting to try to catch up with the rest of my life.

Pat

MBones
04-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Please access my sympathies on the loss of your precoius companion, Priscilla. I don't have time to post as much as I'd like, but I've been following her story and hoping that she was doing much better. Major LES as many of us know all too well, unfortunately, what you are going through. Bless you for being there when she needed you the most. I do believe somehow it eases their journey, knowing that their loved ones are near. She was a beautiful girl and is now in no pain and having a blast with all of the other beloved kitties at the RB, waiting patiently until you are reunited again.

Take care of yourself.

Mary

phesina
04-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Thank you, Mary and Mary. I'm doing okay, I still feel a gasp of sadness when I think of her and how her presence is missed. I'm still quite tired, too.

Yes, I guess the Bridge kitties are all exploring the Taj Mahal and enjoying Indian food today. And I'm sure Priscilla is welcoming the newest arrivals, Lion and Zac, and helping them get settled in and introduced.

Thanks, everyone, your love and support mean more than I can say.

Love,
Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Pat, and Priscilla Angel

sam5263
04-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Priscilla was indeed a princess. She was a lovely cat and I feel very badly for your loss. I experienced similar pain the very next day, having to put my little Lion to rest for the last time.

phesina
04-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Thank you, sam5263. I do miss my beautiful sweet lovely little princess, very much. I start thinking of her and then it hits me again: She's gone.

I read your thread about Lion, and I am so sorry for your loss at this time too. What a wonderful cat, and what wonderful love you and he share, shine through from everything you wrote about him.

He is so sweet-looking in that picture, with his little froggy on his back!

He and Priscilla are no doubt having a ball exploring the Taj Mahal and feasting on Indian food.. or maybe they've already moved on to another great spot..

We'll be with them again, One Fine Day.

Thanks again,
Pat

catmandu
04-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Priscilla and Lion are Great Friends now and are exploring the towns of Northern India and Delhi together and dining at the finest restaurants and the Hotels that are converted palaces.
They are going to be Companions Furr Ever and will be there to meet thier Meeowmies with love in thier hearts.
One Fine Day.

Zac and Zoe's Mum
04-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Priscilla was a beautiful girl - such an exquisite little face. I do hope she and my Zac and Lion are all happily playing together.

phesina
04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Thank you so much, Zac and Zoe's Mum. A beautiful little girl indeed, with an exquisite little face.

I'm sure they're all happily playing together now. The Three Musketeers.. or maybe Mouseketeers? (I can't imagine them wearing those big ears on their heads, though...)

Pat