PDA

View Full Version : Poodles June13th 1995 to March 14th 2007

pengy
03-16-2007, 10:30 PM
A friend on another BBS told me about this site and that you would understand what I am going through. My cat Poodles wasn't eating, drinking, or acting normal.
This Wednesday I saw her laying on the dining room carpet and somehow knew her time on earth was getting very short. I took her to the emergency vet services. I knew in my heart that I would be taking only her empty shell back with me.

The vet did a physical check and found several problems but needed to do x-rays and blood work to narrow it down. When he put the x-ray up I knew it was the end. A huge liver tumor that had spread to her lymph noids and her right lung was so full of either tumor or fluid that it just looked like white fuzz instead of black the way the other one did.

I held her while they injected her. The vet listened to her heart and said the two words I will never forget, "she's gone". He pet her head a little and then gave me some time alone with her.

I buried her the next day :( I dug the hole myself. I felt that I had to do it and no one else. She is under a lilac tree and come spring the area will be covered with strawberry plants.

I still have her litter mate and sister who I am spoiling right now. She hasn't acted like she knows her sister is gone yet.

Marigold2
03-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I am so sorry. That was very brave and kind of you to bury her yourself. I hope someone is there with you to give you a hug.

krazyaboutkatz
03-16-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Poodles passing.:( No she's pain free and playing up at Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html).RIP sweet Poodles.:(

jazzcat
03-16-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Rest in Peace sweet Poodles.

CultureJunky
03-17-2007, 05:57 AM
I'm very sorry to hear of Poodles passing, and there are many on here who know exactly what you are going through. I can only offer my thoughts at this time, we are thinking of you.

Karen
03-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Rest in peace, pretty Poodles.

rosethecopycat
03-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Welcome, take solace here, we are the ones who understand.

Poodles has left this earth, leaving you sweet memories to last, until you are reunited, at the Rainbow Bridge. One Fine Day.

Medusa
03-17-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You proved your love for Poodles by doing the last act of kindness for her that you could. All memory of pain and suffering is gone and she'll greet you one day at the RB. Everyone here at PT understands and most of us have experienced it. So our prayers are w/you. A candle burns for you both.

catmandu
03-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Poodles had such a good life with you, and wants you to know that shes a Pet Angel now.Shes got her wings and is going to be the Guest Of Honor at the St Patricks Day Party tonight!
She is sad that you will miss her , and wants you to know that she will drop in and hopes that you give another Cat a chance at the life that she loved so much.
And she knows that this is temporary and that she will see you once more in a happier better place.
One Fine Day.

elizabethann
03-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm so very sorry that you lost Poodles. My heart goes out to you. I lost my Maxie 3 weeks and 1.5 days ago and the pain is still fresh. I'm glad you buried Poodles under the lilac tree. From now on until forever, when they bloom you'll always remember the good times you had with Poodles.

RIP sweet Poodles.

Take care.

Donnaj4962
03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that all of us here on PT understand your pain and loss, and we are here to help you in easing the pain. Poodles is pain free once again, playing at the RB, and watching over you and your family.

RIP sweet Poodles, RIP.

Taz_Zoee
03-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I am so sorry about Poodles. My Taz is the same age and I can only imagine how hard it is on you. :(
Rest easy Poodles.

Whisk_Luva
03-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow. How sad. Its good that her suffering has ended. I am sure she wouldn't want you to be upset. Look after yourself at the mo I am sure thats what she would want. You will never forget her but the pain will drift away. You will miss her every day but it wont rule your life soon! Put a flower on her grave for me please!
Have you got any pictures of her I can have please?

RedHedd
03-17-2007, 03:33 PM
RIP Sweet Poodles, it's obvious your meowmie loved you so very much to the very end. I know it's hard, Pengy, I've been there. I lost my Goldie to a liver tumor almost four years ago and I still miss her. I was there at the end too and it's so hard. Your Poodles was with you for a long time. Just know you did the right thing as she is now at the Rainbow Bridge, pain free and waiting for you until you two reunite again.

kb2yjx
03-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Good friends are so hard to lose! Sleep softly, dear Poodles...

pengy
03-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Thank you everyone for your sympathy.

Whisk_Luva: I placed some pussy willow blooms on Poodles grave for you.
Odd coincidence that our pussy willow is blooming right now
I always thought the buds looked and felt like Poodles' toes.

Here is a picture of her sleeping peacefully. Here eyes were bright yellow.

http://images.glowbird.multiply.com/image/4/photos/479/orig/1/DSCF3732.JPG?et=FYIf8gdDsO3yaHV2OEPwsw

The Vet's office sent me a condolence card that described the rainbow bridge.

Laura

jennielynn1970
03-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Poor Poodles. Had she been ok for other vet visits, never anything to suggest that she had been sick? Poor little thing. She's at peace now, and in no more pain. It's so hard to lose a companion. I hope you will feel better.

pengy
03-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Poodles showed no signs of being sick until about 2 weeks ago. I noticed she was staying upstairs and not coming down to eat, drink, or use the litter box. I took some food and water up to her and she ate and drank some. She then started to come downstairs again and seemed to rally. My husband thought she just had a cold or something. I knew deep down in my heart it was worse.

On Wednesday evening I notice how thin she had gotten and felt a large lump under her ribs. I quick took her to the 24hr emergency vet. I knew in my heart as I drove there and as they examined her that Poodles would have to be put to sleep.

Laura

smokey the elder
03-18-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm so sorry about Poodles. Cats don't often show that they're sick until it's too late to help them. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, Poodles (cute name, by the way.)