PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Georgia Peach, 4/97-2/15/07

Cataholic
02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Sweet Georgia Peach was my second state, after Texas. She was brought into my home to provide Tex with a little buddy, and boy, were they ever that! Tex welcomed Georgia without reservation, and only Georgia. She could sleep with him, eat from the same plate as him, and he provided her protection from the bully cat- Monte. Things were different for Georgia after Tex left us (May 2005), and I ended up giving Monte the boot to Lillycat's house in July 06.

Georgia seemed to suffer from IBS, and she was always such a timid, shy girl. She loved her people, but, only on her terms. She was always at the ready to pester you with the walking back and forth, but, never settling love fest. Holding Georgia was a silly task....she would get so feisty, so vocal, but, never would she bite. She just wanted down! She was a sink cat, a sleep on the bed cat, an eater of cantelope, and, of course, peaches. She would come up to the bed when Jonah and I would settle in for the night, or wake up in the am, and she would let Jonah pet her and pet her and pet her. I have some really great mental pictures of Georgia sleeping on Jonah while I nursed him to sleep.

Sadly, Georgia just didn't seem to continue to respond to treatment for IBS, and within the last week, she had really taken a turn for the worse. I had been home on snow break the last two days, and it was so evident that she wasn't eating at all. I made all her favorite dishes yesterday, including milk, and she touched none of them. This am, well, let me just say it was horrid. I took her to the vet at 8, and he said her heart was barely beating. After witnessing what I did this am, I wanted to ease any pain she might be in. Georgie made the trip this morning, and I hope she quickly finds Binx, Tenny and her heartmate, Texas. 4 pets in 3 years. I can only hope this won't continue. I don't know how much more I can take.

RIP, Sweet Georgie.

Love,
Your Mommy

Killearn Kitties
02-15-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet, beautiful Georgia. I didn't realise that she was being treated for IBS. Poor baby. :(

That is so lovely that she would cuddle up to you and Jonah. I hope one of the other states takes over that function soon for you.

Rest in peace, Georgia.

Maresche
02-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Georgia. They can never be with us long enough.

RIP Sweet Georgia and Hugs to you.

emily_the_spoiled
02-15-2007, 09:04 AM
I am so sorry about Georgia. She is now at the RB with Tex and they can cuddle all they want now. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I am shocked and saddened by the news of Georgia's passing. :(

It sounds like you could do everything you could for her, and I know she thanks you for easing her suffering.

I'm also sure that Texas was the first one to greet her at the RB, and Tenny and Binx were happy to see her also.

RIP sweet Georgia, you will be missed. :(

Donnaj4962
02-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Georgia's passing. Sounds like you did everything you could for her... and she knew that! She was loved, and knew the companionship of humans and kitties.

Godspeed to the RB little one, play hard with all of our other PT babies! You will be welcomed with open arms and shown around!

RIP sweet Georgia, RIP.

jazzcat
02-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm very sorry. What a sad shock to read.

Rest in Peace sweet Georgia.

Prairie Purrs
02-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm so sorry. The shy ones have a way of stealing our hearts.

I'm sure that Tex has resumed his role of Georgia's protector at the RB. Rest gently, Georgia girl.

popcornbird
02-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh my gosh. :( My heart is breaking... :(

I had no idea Georgia was so ill. I can't imagine your pain, Johanna. So many, so soon. May God comfort you and Jonah at this difficult time. :(

AbbyMom
02-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm so sorry. RIP Georgia. Wait for mommy at the bridge.

RedHedd
02-15-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Georgia's crossing over the Bridge. This thread caught my eye because MY name IS Georgia. Poor kitty, you were so loved. Play hard at the Bridge.

Cinder & Smoke
02-15-2007, 01:01 PM
:(
:(

Rest In Eternal Peace, sweet Georgia.

Joh ~ So very Sorry you lost dear Georgia ...
But know she'll have Tex to protct and comfort her till you catch up.

Big {{{Hugs}}} for You and "Jones"

/s/ :( Phred

Husky_mom
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I´m so sorry for your loss.........It´s sad when you have to let them go, but she´s all better now, no sickness whatsoever........she will also keep those mental images of the times you shared and be there watching over you and Jonah, along with her best buddy Texas..........

my sympathies are with you, be strong, and happy that you provided her with a wonderful home and a wonderful family that loved her until her last breath on this earth and that she will be loved till eternity.........

R.I.P. Georgia

smokey the elder
02-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm so sorry. Play hard at the Bridge, pretty Georgia.

ChrisH
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh, Johanna. :( I'm so sorry. {{hugs}}

Rest in peace beautiful Georgia.

jenluckenbach
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
{{{{{{JOH}}}}} I am truly sorry for your loss. And I do understand how much harder it is when multiple pets die in a short time span. Just keep the memories close and they will comfort you. And know that Georgia NEEDED her Tex, more than anything on Earth. more {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

captain
02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Johanna,
I was truly sorry to read this.
Sending you my love, prayers and big old {{{hugs}}}

Love
Michelle

catmandu
02-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Tex Met Georgia As She Was Coming Down The Rainbow Bridge
And Ushered Her Into Thier Hotel Suite At The Turtle Bay Resort.
They Will Spend The Next Best Month In Hawaii With The Pet Angels Until They Go To South America.
They Are Together Again Sharing Thier Love Forever.
And There Will Be A Happy Duo Greeting You When You Meet Again In Paradise.
One Fine Day.

kittyxlOver
02-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I am very sorry to hear this my heart goes out to you.

Edwina's Secretary
02-15-2007, 05:46 PM
...godspeed Georgia....

and my thoughts to you Johanna and Jonah....

kb2yjx
02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
It is so hard when a beloved pet leaves us. Georgia knew that you loved her and did all you could to help her, and she will never forget that. Sleep softly, sweet Georgia Peach.....(((((((hugs)))))))))to Mom....

jennielynn1970
02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear about Georgia. It's so hard to lose our companions, and just seems to happen too soon for all of us. Georgia is now free from any pain, and will be waiting for you at the bridge when the time comes... until then, know that she is happy and healthy and with others that love her.

Bengalz
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
RIP Sweet Georgia - sleep softly :(

Joanna, I am so sorry for your loss - there is so little we mortals can do at a time like this, but grieve :(

Take care,

Betty

boscibo
02-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Nomilynn
02-16-2007, 12:21 AM
I am so sorry to hear this :( You are, as always, in my prayers.

krazyaboutkatz
02-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear about Georgia's passing.:( I remember you mentioning that she was having diarrhea problems but I never realized that she was so sick.:( I'm glad that you have so many happy memories of her and she'll continue to live in your heart. RIP sweet Georgia.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Barbara
02-16-2007, 04:15 AM
I am so sorry Georgia had to leave you. She sounds like a special girl full of love.

My heart goes out to you and Jonah.

Laura's Babies
02-16-2007, 08:10 AM
I am so sorry you lost your baby Georgia. They are not with us nowhere near long enough and seems like they are with us for such a brief time. It is just so heartbreaking when we loose one and it hurts so bad and we miss them so
May she rest in peace and play hard at the Bridge. ((((((HIGS))))) to you.

JenBKR
02-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. It's never easy, is it? Georgia will be watching over you from the bridge. RIP sweet girl, play hard at the RB.

DrKym
02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Our familys Condolences to you and yours.

The Goodnows

momtomany
02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. Rest in peace sweet Georgia.

catlover4ever
02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Johanna, I'm just seeing this now and I am in total shock. I am so very sorry.
It is so very hard when we loose our special babies. Each and every one of our babies hold a very special place in our hearts.

Where in our hearts do we find the ability to love them beyond words, to love them and they love us so unconditionally...where in our hearts do we find the ability to grieve for their loss yet smile because nothing or anything can take away our memories of them.

RIP Sweet Georgia :(

Medusa
02-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Georgia's passing. It's tough enough to lose one but when we lose them in succession, it can get to us. Unfortunately, they're only ours for a little while, certainly not long enough. A candle burns for you and your Georgia peach.

Blessings,
Mary

Cataholic
02-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. It was a strange night last night. Very strange. I hold comfort in the fact she isn't suffering, and pity that this all unfolded in the evening/overnight, and that she has to suffer at all.

Again, thank you. I know I do not grieve alone.

Felicia's Mom
02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Rest in Peace, Georgia.

rosethecopycat
02-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Candles lit for Georgia, to light her way to her soulcat, Tex.
They will be safe and happy, waiting for you.

One Fine Day.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Georgia.

Hugs to you, Johanna, for the incredible losses to your family.

Kirsten
02-18-2007, 09:17 AM
OMG Johanna, it breaks my heart to learn that you have lost another furkid!! :(

I wasn't aware that poor Georgia was so sick! :( I'm very sorry!!

R.I.P. little Georgia

(((HUGS)))
Kirsten

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've just now seen this thread :( My heart breaks for you.

Rest in Peace Georgia. Play hard at the bridge sweetheart. :(

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Vermontcat
02-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Johanna, I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread until now.
I didn't even know Georgia was so sick. :(
I'm really sorry that she has gone to the RB to join her brothers Tex, Tenny and Binx.
Sending lots of hugs your way and Samantha sends you some comforting headbumpies.

Lobodeb
02-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Oh, Johanna!

I'm so sorry to just be reading this! How terribly ironic that we both lost our babies within a week of each other. Bonnie left us Feb. 8.

My deepest sympathies to you all.

Play hard at the bridge sweet Georgia!

shais_mom
12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Joh- I can only hope you will forgive me for not seeing this almost a year ago. I didn't realize Sweet Georgia Peach had crossed to the bridge until reading your post in Tenny's thread.
I hope you are healing just a little bit from your losses.
MUCH love to you.
HUGS
Staci

Cataholic
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Forgive me for missing your anniversary day. You are never far from my heart. Jones still tells me he misses you, Tenny and Tex. You would have enjoyed today, Georgie. It was balmy and the windows were open. I can see you in my mind's eye, lying on the cat bed in my room.

I miss you, Georgie.
Love,
Johanna

momtomany
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Rest in Peace sweet Georgia. Special prayers for your fur mommy to help her thru this difficult time.

loveallfurryfriends
02-18-2008, 06:25 AM
RIP sweet Georgia. Watch over your mommy while you are at the bridge, she misses you so much. Play hard @ the bridge sweetie.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-18-2008, 05:39 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :(

Time really never does seem to take away the pain....

RIP Darling Georgia, you were very much loved by your meowmie and "your" little boy :(

K9soul
02-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I am so sorry :( You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of Georgia. My thoughts are with you.

kb2yjx
02-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Sleep softly dear sweet Georgia Peach.....hugs to your mom....

moosmom
02-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Johanna,

I'm sorry, but I just now saw this. I'm so sorry about Georgie.

RIP sweet girl.

rg_girlca
02-21-2008, 10:30 PM
I am so sorry on the loss of your Sweet Georgia Peach. :(
May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

RIP dear Georgia.