PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed, Kasha...

Glacier
11-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I let Kasha go this afternoon. She was not improving despite intensive treatment. Her condition was only getting worse. She was barely responsive to me this morning. She purred when I held her, but she had no strength left. She could barely stand on her own. She would not eat or drink. An attempt at force feeding her failed. The jaundice was getting worse. After 17 years, her little body just had no more fight left.

I held her for a long time and told her how much I love her. Her crossing was peaceful and quick. She was ready to go. I would never have been ready to let her go.

I knew when she arrived that our time together might be short, but 15 months seems way too short. I could not have loved her more if I had known her all her life. I am glad she found her way here. Despite this broken heart, I would do it again. Loving her was worth this pain.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/kashawindow.jpg
Godspeed my marshmellow girl. I will miss you.

Queen of Poop
11-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh I'm so very sorry for your loss. 15 months isn't nearly long enough. Thank goodness you were able to give her all of your love for that time. Will miss you Kasha you white beauty you! Tears for you both.

Grace
11-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this. I was hoping she would respond - at least for a little while.

Safe trip to the Bridge, Kasha. {{{{hugs}}}} for you, Glacier.

catmandu
11-23-2006, 06:45 PM
I think that Kasha was so lucky to find a Great Furr Ever Home so late in life, where she could finally recieve the Love and Affection she missed for most of her Life.
Your time may not have been long, but it was truly the Best Time Of Kashas life.
There are few people who would adopt a Senior Cat like Kasha, and Kasha having her Turkey Dinner at the Pet Angel Thanksgiving Day Party says she has something to be Thankful for, and the time she spent with YOU.
Shes going to miss you but will drop in and pester the Dogs, and come visit you once in a while, until you are reunited.
One Fine Day.

cloverfdx
11-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh Tamara how heartbreaking, i am so sorry :(. You gave sweet Kasha the best 15 months of her life and she will be forever grateful for that.

{{Hugs}}

Sweet dreams Kasha.

jenluckenbach
11-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Kasha was one lucky girl, as you were to be graced by her presence. She was a cherished member of your family and that will be with her (and you) forever.

I am so sorry that you time together was short, but we all know that QUALITY is what counts in life, not quantity.

That picture of her is superb!! Cherish it and all your memories. {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Felicia's Mom
11-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Cinder & Smoke
11-23-2006, 07:23 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif
Hi God ~

<sniff>
Dunno who's gonna type this - ebberbuddie has leaky eyes ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

We need sum HUGE {{{God'sHugs}}} down here inna You-Kon ...
the Glacier Tribe is havin a lotta sadness over dear Kasha leavin fur the Bridge.

We're real Thankful that she left on her own - and in Mom's arms ...
but that duzint make it much easier onna 2-Legger.

Oh ... and when You're passin out Bridge Assignments - mite be best if
Kasha werks onna KAT Side ... be a shame ta *skratch up* any Dawggie Nozez. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

Remynd Kasha ta Kall Home an let her Mom know she got to da Bridge OK.

THANKS, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups and KAT

Dorothy39
11-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh Dear Glacier~

Kasha was so very Beautiful in the picture you shared with us .What a sparkle *

I can't type any better than Phred right now, he said everything!!!

But I know that you were there with her , and that is all that matters.

Bless You.

rg_girlca
11-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I am so sorry on the loss of your beloved Kasha. What a very lovely girl.
Bless you Tamara for adopting this old girl in the first place. Without you, only God knows what would have happened to this beauty. You might have had her for only 15 short months, but I bet they were the best 15 months of her life.

Rest in Peace beautiful Kasha and have fun on the RB.

((((((HUGS)))))) Tamara

Catty1
11-23-2006, 08:34 PM
She purred when I held her

She loved you, and knew who loved her.

Hugs to you, peace to dear beautiful marshmallow Kasha.

AbbyMom
11-23-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Kasha. RIP little Kasha. Play hard at the rainbow bridge.

kuhio98
11-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Rest in peace, beautiful girl. You were loved.

Lizzie
11-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I am so shocked, and so saddened by this news. As you said, her seventeen years, most of which was not spent in being lovingly cared for by you, had made her body too frail to fight. I'm glad it was all so quick. It does make it easier when they are ready to let go, the look in their eyes tells you that they are more than willing to slip away, but it's still so very, very hard to accept. I'm sorry for your loss, and the pain you are going through, will go through for months. We'll all miss seeing photos of Kasha at the 'nip.

Uabassoon
11-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I know that Kasha enjoyed being a pampered princess in your home and she appreciates all that you did for her.

Edwina's Secretary
11-23-2006, 10:20 PM
No, No, No, No...please don't go Kasha...you are so beautiful and so beloved....

but I am wrong...you will never go....

RedHedd
11-23-2006, 10:32 PM
:( I am SO sorry to hear of Kasha's passing over the bridge. Godspeed you gorgeous fluffy white beauty. You will be so missed :(

Karen
11-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Soft as a cloud
Sweet as sugar and
White as the Yukon snow
You graced this earth for 17 years
With your soft-thunder-rumble purrs
Your bounteous white fur
And most of all, your love
There's a pretty new cloud at the Rainbow Bridge
Send your momma snowflakes and windowfrost
To let her nknow you send her love
And are happy and healthy once again.

Rest in peace, Kasha.

trayi52
11-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Tamara, sorry to hear of Kasha's passing. She was a beautiful girl.

Godspeed to the bridge,Kasha. :(

Willie :(

Sonia59
11-24-2006, 04:37 AM
Tamara, I am so sorry to hear this. I hoped Kasha would get better.
It hurts and you will never forget Kasha, but keep in mind the 15 fantastic months she had with you. I am happy I knew her through your stories and pictures ;)

RIP sweet white lady, and say Hi to Twicket for us at the RB.

chocolatepuppy
11-24-2006, 05:11 AM
I'm so sorry about Kasha. :( She was beautiful and I'm sure those 15 months held more love for her than she'd ever known. May she Rest in Peace.

Barbara
11-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Tamara, I am so sorry Kasha had to leave :(
But on the other side I think I know how happy she has been these last 15 months- you can see it by looking at her eyes.

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2006, 06:02 AM
I'm so sorry you have lost beautiful Kasha so suddenly, but so glad that she spent those last months with you.

Rest in peace, Kasha.

kittycats_delight
11-24-2006, 06:49 AM
I don't even know what to say. Kasha was one of my favorites here. She was such a special girl. The tears are flowing here and I only knew her from PT but she so touched my heart. The impact this girl had on your heart in such a short time gives light to her beautiy inner and outer. She came to you to help heal your heart from the passing of dear Twicket and she was a godsend. Now Twicket needs her at the bridge. I guess they feel her job was done and you showed her love unwavering and true and she knew it and loved you back in return. Someone must have felt you needed another guardian angel. She will watch over you like the others you have loved. Godspeed Kasha. Your mamma loves you more than words can describe only her heart can tell how much.

God Bless you Tamara for taking her into you home and your heart and showing her how special she was and how much she could be loved. She will treasure you always for this as I know you will treasure her memory like a priceless jewel.

Rest In Peace Beautiful Kasha. You will be missed terribly. You will be forever loved and forever remembered.

Kirsten
11-24-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm very sad to read that you have lost your beautiful white girl! (I remember how I admired that photo of her when you once posted it in my photo thread).

She was blessed with a very long life and - as it sounds - she didn't feel ill until her finals days. I wish you had have more time with her, more time to love her, and more time to give her a good home. But she knew she was loved when she left...

R.I.P. beautiful Kasha!

Kirsten

GreyhoundGirl
11-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Play hard at the RB, Kasha

joycenalex
11-24-2006, 07:57 AM
dear tamara, kasha had such catitude. thank you for sharing her with us. i wish it could have been longer for both of you ((hugs)) joyce

luvofallhorses
11-24-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss of beautiful Kasha. :( you'll be in my thoughts. (((HUGS)))

k9krazee
11-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Rest easy Kasha. :(

kittycats_delight
11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Tamara I did this for Twicket and I wanted to do it for Kasha as well.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/Kasha.jpg

(((TAMARA)))
RIP Sweet Kasha

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Tamara, I'm so sorry to hear about Kasha's passing.:( Although you only had 15 months with her, I'm sure that these were the best ones of her life. Now she's painfree and young again waiting for you up at the Bridge until you meet again. RIP sweet Kasha.:(

Soapets
11-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I can't say anything more than what everyone else has already said....... You're in my thoughts and prayers....................

Abby&Buddy'sMom
11-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh No!! I am so very sorry about the passing of such a sweet girl Kasha. She was truely a beautiful girl and so very fortunate to have known the love you have given her, even though it was only 15 short months.I remember when you first introduced her to all of PT and how happy she seemed when she finally found her true home filled with the love that she deserved to have. She was as blessed to have you and your family , as you were to have her. RIP dear Kasha, you are free now.

CultureJunky
11-25-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Kasha's passing away. She knows that she was loved like she'd never been loved before in life. My thoughts are with you at this time of your grieving.

smokey the elder
11-26-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm so sorry about Kasha. That precious girl had 15 really good months with you.

Russian Blue
11-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Kasha was an absolutely beautiful girl. Look at that wonderful fur and the contentment in her eyes. I'm sorry you lost her but remember that you provided a warm and loving home to this angel.

RIP Kasha. :(

shais_mom
11-26-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry I came into this late -
Godspeed Kasha.
So sorry for your loss.

catlover4ever
11-26-2006, 05:26 PM
I know 15 months is a short time but you gavbe Kasha love that she would have never known if she had not found her way to you. She left this world knowing how very special she was. You were blessed to have loved her. I know at this time words are no consolation, but know in your heart that Kasha is looking down on you, thanking you for being able to let her go peacefully and to not suffer any longer.

RIP Sweet Kasha, play hard with all of those who greeted you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Bengalz
11-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm so sad to hear about Kasha. She was a wonderful old soul and I'm so glad she had the time she did with you Tamara. It was, as others have said, likely the best time of her life. As well you allowed her to pass with grace and dignity. Thank you for being there for Kasha when she needed you most.

RIP sweet one - I know you'll be smiling down on your mommy from the bridge and saying thank you.

Many hugs and prayers for your and your crew,
Betty

anna_66
11-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Tamara, sorry to see this:( She was such a beautiful girl.

RIP Kasha

captain
11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Tamara,
I am so sorry to hear about Kasha. She was such a beautiful kitty, and I am glad she got to spend her final moments with you.

{{{hugs}}}
Michelle

wolf_Q
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She was a beautiful cat. Though her time with you was short, I'm sure she appreciated spending her last few months with someone who loved and cared for her as much as you did.

Maresche
11-27-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Kasha. RIP beautiful girl!

Hugs to you Glacier!

Donnaj4962
11-27-2006, 10:32 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Kasha's passing. Godspeed to the RB sweet Kasha... and play hard little one. RIP blessed girl, RIP...

Cataholic
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Too soon, too soon, Marshmellow Girl. You went with wings of love, to look over Mommy. You were loved by one of the best.

Rest gently, sweet girl. Hugs to you, Glacier. :(

ramanth
11-27-2006, 10:59 AM
*HUGS* I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Kasha girl. RIP sweet one. :(

kb2yjx
11-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Sleep softly, sweet Kasha....

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Rest in sweet slumber, beautiful girl!

((((HUGS)))) and many thanks for loving her!

Kim

Lobodeb
12-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Tamara, I'm so sorry that I'm only seeing this now. I hate to reopen such a fresh wound, but I have to send you my condolences. As you might or might not have noticed, I'm not able to come around much so I totally missed that she was sick.

Play hard at the bridge Kasha. I knowthat your last 15 months on Earth was a very pleasant one filled with lots of love. Please tell Payton I miss him.