PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic cat for adoption

smokey the elder
11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
My rescue group in Peekskill, New York, has a diabetic cat up for adoption. I usually don't bug the online community about this, but this sort of special needs kitty often scares people off. Steve was just diagnosed. He's an 8 year old large tabby with a wonderful disposition. He is in the process of being monitored and regulated. Caring for a diabetic cat is a daunting task at first, but becomes routine with time. My rescue group will defray part of the cost of insulin, test equipment and vet visits.

If you know of any leads, please PM me.

Thanks for reading.

dvp1636
12-05-2006, 03:11 PM
www.petdiabetes.org
www.felinediabetes.com

It's a free listing and many in the diabetic community look at those needing homes. I have adopted off this list and arranged a transport or airline flight for the cat to be sent to me. You could also go to felinediabetes.com, a large feline diabetes board, and post information about the cat there.

Just a couple of ideas for you and I know I'm late in posting this, but I just found this board and saw your question.

Dorothy

smokey the elder
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks! Although I've visited felinediabetes.com (I have a sugarcat of my own) I didn't realize you could try to place cats there. I'll pass this along to the foster meowmie, too.