PDA

View Full Version : Graham is not well

AdoreMyDogs
07-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I am very worried about my boy. We've taken him to the vet again and he can't find anything wrong with him. Graham has pretty much stopped eating. For the past several months, Graham has been getting very picky and has not enjoyed eating much, but it's been 3 weeks since he's had a full meal, and 3 days since he's eaten anymore then 1/8 (aprox) per day. He went to liking water in his food, to only eating raw meat, to only eating canned food, to not eating anything. He won't even eat a scoop of canned food now. He no longer enjoys anything. The last 2 walks we've been on with him, he has not enjoyed, and on last night's walk, he was miserable.

He won't eat, doesn't want to walk, and is very depressed. I worry about him.

elizabethann
07-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Have you thought about getting a second opinion?

Is Graham losing weight?

finn's mom
07-20-2006, 09:36 AM
:( This is terrible news. I agree, I'd get a second opinion. If you want to know a great vet to take him to, the vet I've been going to for about 10 years now is wonderful. That's terrible, I wonder if he's just sad? That sounds lame, I know, but, I don't know...

sparks19
07-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Aww that's sad to hear.

I would definately get a second opinion.

How old is he?

I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope he gets better soon.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Has he had his teeth checked? Poor Graham - give him a hug from me

AdoreMyDogs
07-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Yes he's had his teeth checked and we're going to have to get a second opinion. He is just miserable. He is sad, he's depressed, his eyes are tearing sometimes like he's crying. We'll take him for a second opinion. I'm so sad. Boone was not a replacement for Graham, I'm afraid he might think he was. Boone and Kersey are very bonded, and Kersey does't pay much attention to Graham anymore since Boone came home. His life is so different, but we still give him the attention he used to get, but he doesn't enjoy it anymore. He growls at us when we try to hug or kiss him. Every time. He never wants to be pet or loved on. Every time we do it anyway, he growls at us. Whenever Boone so much tries to submit to Graham, he gets a verbal lashing from Graham.

I am almost positive Graham's problems are behavioral, not health related. He has been checked over and the vet said he is a healthy animal. He has perfectly sound movement, great teeth, heatlhy, glowing fur, and his eyes are bright for a dog his age. I have no idea how to pull him out of this miserable depression he's in. It's almost like he doesn't even like us anymore. He is 12 years old now, and per his physical health, I would have expected at least another good 2 years out of him. At the rate he is going, he is declining rapidly and I'd be lucky to get another month out of him.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2006, 10:22 AM
He does sound depressed - poor boy.....is there a sort of doggie Prozac he could take short term perhaps? I think you are right about it being a behavioural problem having read your latest post - I hope he goes back to being his loveable old self soon

finn's mom
07-20-2006, 10:43 AM
It does sound behavioral. :( I was thinking that at first when I read this, and, you confirmed it by talking about how he is with Boone. It does sound like he's upset about Boone. :( I'd still get a second opinion, just in case, though. And, you know you all are welcome to come down here...for a second opinion at my vet and for a nice stroll through 200 acres of open land. ;)

cyber-sibes
07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Poor baby. :( We'll keep praying that he pulls out of this. It must be breaking your heart. (((hugs)))

ramanth
07-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Oh no not Graham Crackers!! :( :(

Leslie, if you think it's behavioural, maybe a call to Nancy might get to the bottom of it.

*HUGS*

I missed where you got a new pooch. (Been out of touch since the wedding...) I'll have to look for a post!

I hope something can pull Graham out of his funk. He's such a sweet boy.

IRescue452
07-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Poor boy. I would have thought of his teeth first too. Will he eat a hot dog? Junk food is better than no food. Get better Graham.

Karen
07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Poor sweet Grahammy boy, give him a hug from me. I hope you find out what's wrong, and he perks back up.

Miss Z
07-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I will be thinking of Graham, and hoping he gets better soon. :( Pats for sweet little Graham

labmomma
07-20-2006, 03:37 PM
If he's depressed, do you have a friend with a young pup you could get to visit him? My oldest dog, 14, took on a new life when I got my two young labs. Having the young around definitely brought her to life again.
Labmomma

lizbud
07-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Leslie,I would be worried too. So sad. :( I did ask about his old injury,
(when he fell from the balcony) ,in your other thread.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=108989

12 years old is getting up there in age, but still, he should have some good
days, poor guy. I do hope the Vet has something that might help him.

bckrazy
07-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Poor Graham. :( You've gotten great advice from others, I don't know what to say. All I can add is giving him fun one-on-one time with you as often as possible! Take him somewhere that he loves where he can run off-leash with you and play. At the same time, babying him too much may be sending the wrong message. Keep up with his Obedience and maybe NILIF, and balance the affection with exercise & discipline.

What raw meats have you tried? My pups would never resist pork ribs! Have you tried satin balls, also a much-loved meal?

Cinder & Smoke
07-20-2006, 05:45 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Poor Graham http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif ~ Feel Better Soon, Bub!

I'd try some "serious" one-on-one time with him, Leslie.
He's had quite a few changes in his life ...
* move to Texas
* new house
* new Hubby person
* new Dawggie Brudder

All that might be a little too much for one ole Dawg to handle.

Why don't YOU load him up for a day out ...
NO other dogs or 2-Leggers ...

Take a few bites of everything in the house ... all the Junque Food ya can find ...
as well as Dawggie stuff.

Let him run, walk, trott, or roll around - but keep him moving.
If memory serves, he liked his Swim Therapy ... find a clean pond or river with a dock
he can jump off of and let him swim for a while.

As for eating - something - anything - is better than nothing.
Junque Food beats NO food!

Hang in there, GrahamBoy ... there'll be a Better Day tomorrow.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

jesse_3
07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
(((((HUGS))))) I am so sorry that Graham is not doing so well:( I hope that he turns around and is back to him old self! He will be in my prayers!

anna_66
07-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Leslie I'm so sorry to hear this:(

You know Phred could be right, maybe he just needs some one on one time with his momma. With so many changes mabye he feels he's not needed any more.

Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way that he gets over this and becomes his normal happy self.
(((HUGS)))
Anna

Pam
07-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Leslie I am so sorry to read this. Graham was one of the original Pet Talk pupsters that I grew to love. What kind of testing has your vet done? I hope Graham still has a few more good years left. I probably shouldn't even ask at this point in a thread that is already sad, but is Cassie still alive? I know quite some time ago you had posted that she had some serious health problem. I have missed keeping up with your crew.

Kfamr
07-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Leslie, I have to say when I read what you said about his depression in the picture thread I was in tears the whole day. That boy of your's means A LOT to me especially since my Simba took so well to him. I kept coming back to look at his pictures with tears in my eyes.

He has had A LOT of change in his life and I'm pretty sure he's seen his momma cry once or twice - that can be hard on a dog too!

I sent you a PM for your address and I'm hoping to send Graham a little care package - for HIM. If you could send that to me, that'd be great. I'm not sure how much good it'd do but Simba said I had to. ;) He doesn't like his buddy sad!

luvofallhorses
07-20-2006, 06:53 PM
I hope he is better soon. :( Hugs to you and Grahm.

Cincy'sMom
07-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Poor Graham Crackers!! Sure wish there was something to do to cheer up the old guy. He and Kersey were both so much fun when they stayed with us, I hate to think he isn't that happy boy anymore :(

AdoreMyDogs
07-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Leslie I am so sorry to read this. Graham was one of the original Pet Talk pupsters that I grew to love. What kind of testing has your vet done? I hope Graham still has a few more good years left. I probably shouldn't even ask at this point in a thread that is already sad, but is Cassie still alive? I know quite some time ago you had posted that she had some serious health problem. I have missed keeping up with your crew.

Believe it or not, Pam, Cassie is still alive and (sort of) well. It's a daily touch and go with her. One day she's fine, and the next she has a seizure where she goes poo and pee while convulsing. One day she will not wake from her siezure. She is badly brain damaged, but she is SO happy. Every time I call my mom (at least once daily....I miss her so bad) I hear Cassie coughing in the background and we always comment on how lady like Cassie is (she coughs and farts at the same time hehe). She is the unhealthiest dog I've ever seen, but she's around 14 years old now, which is pretty amazing for a puppy mill pug that had a miserable first 9 years of her life. She is far from the picture of good health, but she's still a happy little pugalette and we're so glad she's still enjoying life :) She will remain on this earth until either she starts to show pain and loses happiness, or until she fails to wake from her seizures. Thanks for asking about precious pugalette Cassie.

As for Graham, we're taking him in again tomorrow morning for more testing. They've done blood, a sonogram, urine analysis, general check over. He's not yet had any x-rays, but the vet didn't see any reason to x-ray him. I'm afraid it might be his prostate again but he's not showing any of the other side effects he was last time. The vet that we went to when Graham had his prostate problems a couple months ago told us that if the antibiotics don't help him, he could have a more serious condition. We may have to have another sonogram, I'm not sure. We'll find out tomorrow.

We've been walking Graham, but we can't even have him off the lead anymore unless we're 'hanging out' and chilling. While walking, even tho he stays close, he drops back so far that we have to leash him to keep him with us. He used to have such a spring in his step. His spring is gone completely. It just breaks my heart. He won't even swim at the lake anymore. He just gets his feet wet and takes a drink from the water, but he has not swam in a very long time. Today at work I looked at one of the many pictures I have of Graham at my desk and I cried. He's been such a good friend for so many years. He's been such a unique personality that's been such a good match for me. He's seen me threw some of the hardest times of my life. The Graham I used to know has been gone for awhile, and has been replaced with a truly miserable animal.

As far as the "Junque food", we have offered Graham many things, he won't eat doggie cookies, I have fed him hot dogs and yesterday he didn't even want a hot dog. I cooked chicken and peeled the skin and a piece of fat off of the roasted chicken I was eating and he turned his nose up. Wouldn't even eat chicken skin/fat. I tried offering him a piece of the chicken thigh and he wouldn't touch it. He just smells it and slowly walks away with his head held low.

Thank you so much for the ideas, everyone. I'll let you know what happens at the vet tomorrow. I'm also going to send another email to the pet psychic to see if there's anything I can do to help lift Graham's depression.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Leslie, I am very sorry to read that Graham cracker is not feeling so well, poor baby boy. I just wanted to let you know, that I will be thinking about him, and praying for the both of you.
Hope all is well.

AdoreMyDogs
07-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Leslie, I have to say when I read what you said about his depression in the picture thread I was in tears the whole day. That boy of your's means A LOT to me especially since my Simba took so well to him. I kept coming back to look at his pictures with tears in my eyes.

He has had A LOT of change in his life and I'm pretty sure he's seen his momma cry once or twice - that can be hard on a dog too!

I sent you a PM for your address and I'm hoping to send Graham a little care package - for HIM. If you could send that to me, that'd be great. I'm not sure how much good it'd do but Simba said I had to. ;) He doesn't like his buddy sad!

You are so sweet, Kay. Graham really took to Simba, too. I think they had really similar energies. They both hit it off immediately, and Graham's not usually a 'dog person'. I will PM you my address, I thank you very much, you are a sweet person.

Ginger's Mom
07-21-2006, 05:48 AM
I am so glad to hear that Graham is going for a second opinion and more tests. I can't help but feel that any "depression" that is that severe and unreactive to outside influences has to have a physical cause. I hope they find what is bothering Graham and are able to make him feel better.

Pam
07-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Today at work I looked at one of the many pictures I have of Graham at my desk and I cried. He's been such a good friend for so many years. He's been such a unique personality that's been such a good match for me. He's seen me threw some of the hardest times of my life.

I have tears in my eyes now Leslie. I know how much your boy means to you. I remember so well his fall in the apartment and the way you moved heaven and earth to help him get well. I hope that the vet finds a medical reason today that can be fixed. ((((Hugs)))) to you Leslie. Please do tell your mom that Cassie has a fan club of at least one member on on Pet Talk. :) Ask her if she would plant a kiss on her little puggily face from me. Bless your mom for continuing to care for this sweetie when others might have thrown in the towel.

Fingers and paws crossed for a good vet visit with a cure for Graham around the corner.

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Graham has (probably) what's called histoplasmosis. It's a fungal pnemonia. He is a very sick boy. They can only confirm his histoplasmosis if they do an asperation of his chest/GI tract, but that's not necessary. If it is this disease, it's a 90 day treatement and it doesn't have a real high sucess rate. The sucess rate is only 40%, and we'll know after the first few weeks if it's working by his eating habits. If he begins to eat again, we'll know it's working. If he refuses food still, then he won't make it threw the 90 day treatement.

If he has absolutely no reaction to the meds at all, he has metastisized (sp) cancer that there is obviously no treatment for.

Now the waiting begins :( Please pray for my boy.

finn's mom
07-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Aw, Leslie. :( I hope, now that you know what it could be, that the meds work and he starts eating again. I'm glad to hear that it isn't because of Boone, though. I was really afraid that he was just sad, and, sometimes that's worse than being sick. I'll be praying for Graham.

Rachel
07-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Leslie, our hearts are so sad. I don't have to tell you how much we love Graham here. One of the highlights of my life was meeting and spending time with Graham and having him interact with Hannah and Tucker. Hannah was smitten and Tucker had his first and only best friend.

When I read Graham's extreme change of behavior, I was more inclined to believe that there had to be a physical cause and that he is probably dealing with symptoms that are serious. Graham has had lots of changes in his life and I just didn't think that the addition of Boone would throw him in this manner. Although the prognosis is not good, at least there is a diagnosis and some kind of treatment can be instituted and there is a chance of help for him. We will be praying that our Graham Love will once again rise and shine from adversity. He has done it before. Hannah sends her adoration and affection. Tucker says to tell Graham, *I can still lift my leg to pee, just like you showed me.*

Cinder & Smoke
07-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Graham has (probably) what's called histoplasmosis.
It's a fungal pnemonia.

They can only confirm his histoplasmosis if they do an asperation
of his chest/GI tract, but that's not necessary.

If it is this disease ...

This all sound a bit "iffy" to me ...
and just "waiting to see" if he gets better - that can loose some valuable time.

As others have suggested -
I'd suggest a Second Opinion - from either a Vet School or a
very well respected, multi-vet clinic.

There are articles on "histoplasmosis" on the i-net -
but be sure you specify the Canine variety.

Here's one: http://www.mold-survivor.com/canines.html

Please ask around to find a suitable hospital or clinic to seek a Second Opinion.

{{{Hugs}}} from Phred

Rachel
07-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Phred, I didn't read Leslie's post to be a *wait and see* protocol, just that the procedure to confirm the diagnosis was not necessary. The post to me read that they intended to try the medication and if it worked they would see improvement in his willingness to eat.

Logan
07-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Leslie, I am so sorry that I missed this thread until now. You know you and your sweet Graham are in my prayers. He is a happy, loving dog and to hear of him being so sad and sick makes me sad and sick. :(

Please keep us posted as you can and know that you have all of us praying and thinking of you both.

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
... the procedure to confirm the diagnosis was not necessary.

... they intended to try the medication and
if it worked
they would see improvement in his willingness to eat.

My worry is the diagnosis is not confirmed ...

means the treatment may not work because it's treating the wrong condition.

I still suggest a Second Opinion from a First Class School or major clinic.

/s/ Phred

Jadapit
07-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm so sorry Graham is feeling so bad. :( You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Ginger's Mom
07-21-2006, 11:51 AM
My prayers will be with you and Graham. I know of another person whose dog was suffering from a deep depression and after many tests was also diagnosed with cancer. That was my fear for Graham. I hope the medicines that he is now on work wonders for your special boy. You and he will be in my thoughts.

lizbud
07-21-2006, 04:41 PM
I really tend to look at any depression in an animal, as having a physical
cause rather than a mental one. I do hope Graham responses to this kind
of treatment & can have some good, happy days left for him.You both
are in my prayers.

Sudilar
07-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of Graham's illness. I hope the medication helps him to recover. My prayers are with you and Graham at this very difficult time. It is so sad to hear that each of our Pet Talk original furbabies are getting older and having serious medical problems. I will be hoping and praying for improvement and a return to health. Hugs your way.

PS Great to hear that Cassie is still a happy girl!!

Daisy and Delilah
07-21-2006, 09:26 PM
My thoughts and prayers are going out to you and Graham :( Oh how I hope he gets better soon! :(

K9karen
07-22-2006, 02:05 AM
OMG Leslie. When I finally checked in and saw the header, I nearly passed out! Graham Cracker is such a special boy to us. I can remember Graham stories vividly. I'm praying with every beat of my heart, my soul that Graham's treatment takes affect. Do you have any idea how he contacted fungal pneumonia? Please please keep us updated.
I love him as my own. I don't know what else to say, I'm so stunned. Please, Graham, hang in there. So many humans are rooting for you. {HUGS}

AdoreMyDogs
07-22-2006, 09:12 AM
OMG Leslie. When I finally checked in and saw the header, I nearly passed out! Graham Cracker is such a special boy to us. I can remember Graham stories vividly. I'm praying with every beat of my heart, my soul that Graham's treatment takes affect. Do you have any idea how he contacted fungal pneumonia? Please please keep us updated.
I love him as my own. I don't know what else to say, I'm so stunned. Please, Graham, hang in there. So many humans are rooting for you. {HUGS}

Yes, it's contracted by consuming soil that's been contaminated by bat and/or bird droppings. For some time now he hasn't wanted to swim when we take him to the lake, but for some odd reason he has taken a liking to licking the clay around the lake so that's most like how he got it.

Thanks everyone for the prayers.

ChrisH
07-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh, no. :( Big prayers, love, positive and healing thoughts all on the way for dear Graham boy. {{hugs}}

Originaly posted by Pam
Please do tell your mom that Cassie has a fan club of at least one member on on Pet Talk. Ask her if she would plant a kiss on her little puggily face from me. Bless your mom for continuing to care for this sweetie when others might have thrown in the towel.

Please include me in that fan club, the request and the thanks.
Chris

wolf_Q
07-22-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Graham is not feeling well. :( I remember meeting him at the dog park and he was just the sweetest boy. I hope he will get feeling back to his old self soon.

shais_mom
07-22-2006, 01:25 PM
OH Leslie -I am so sorry I am coming late into this.
You and Graham will be in my thoughts and prayers.

zoey
07-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Best wishes for you and Graham from me and Daisy.
I'll pray for him.

K9soul
07-22-2006, 09:26 PM
How heartbreaking and frightening :(. Graham is in my prayers.

AdoreMyDogs
07-22-2006, 09:41 PM
My baby has gone another day without eating. We're hoping every day we wake, he has a little bit of an appetite back.

Cincy'sMom
07-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Lots of positive thoughts for Graham.

anna_66
07-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Oh Leslie, I'm sorry to hear that Graham has not eaten again:(

Lots of (((hugs))) for you and lots of good thoughts for your boy.

pitc9
07-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Please know that he is in my prayers!
{hugs} to you both.

Pam
07-23-2006, 07:22 AM
My baby has gone another day without eating. We're hoping every day we wake, he has a little bit of an appetite back.

Leslie I am so sorry. :( I know how much it hurts to see him like that. You and Graham are in my thoughts.

Daisy and Delilah
07-23-2006, 07:32 AM
(((((HUGS))))) Please get well Graham!! :(

k9krazee
07-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I haven't replied, but have been following closely. I really hope the meds work for him and he'll start eating again :( You guys have been (and will remain) in my prayers.

Sudilar
07-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I know how you feel. I am sorry that Graham is still not eating. It is such a helpless feeling.
When Shiloh stopped eating and drinking completely, I tried everything, but she could not eat or drink anything (even water, that she threw up). She went a little over a week like that.
Hugs.

lizbud
07-23-2006, 04:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. :( (((Hugs))) for Graham & you too Leslie.

AdoreMyDogs
07-24-2006, 07:35 AM
I am going out of town for a few days and If Graham continues to not eat and show no improvement by the time I'm back I am going to have to make a decision to end his suffering.

Please pray for my boy.

anna_66
07-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Many, many prayers coming your way.

(((HUGS)))
Anna

Cinder & Smoke
07-24-2006, 08:25 AM
If Graham continues to not eat and show no improvement by the time I'm back
I am going to have to make a decision to end his suffering.

:(

Have you had a Second Opinion by a Hospital or specialty group?
Please, find a recognised expert to get him seen by.

Did you get any Quality, One-On-One time alone with Graham?
How'd he react?

Who's going to be In Charge of his care while you're gone?
I needs to be someone Graham trusts and "likes" -
it will be very counter-productive if he thinks he's been abandoned
by his Primary care-giver and lifelong Mom-Buddie.

Hang In there Graham - we're pulling for you!

/s/ Phred

pitc9
07-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Hugs and prayers to you both! :(

Pawsitive Thinking
07-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Please pull through this Graham

Rachel
07-24-2006, 10:11 AM
This is so unbelievably sad. Prayers for Graham to please get well.

lizbud
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I feel so sad for Graham. :( Maybe asking the Vet if he could try some
Prednisone shots or pills to jump start his system. I know they sure increase
an animals appetite, but only if he's not in any pain.I'm sorry but I just wish
there was something that could be done to help this little guy. ((HUGS))
to Graham & family.

cloverfdx
07-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Good healing vibes coming your way Graham {{Hugs}}. Leslie i am so sorry that you are all going through this, you will be in my thoughts.

Cataholic
07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
This is very upsetting. Maybe the meds will 'kick in' within a few days or a week? What **if** Graham is one of the 60% that does respond to the treatment? Come on, Graham, eat a little something!!!

ChrisH
07-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Prayers continuing for sweet Graham.

ramanth
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Hopes and prayers that the medicines work. *HUGS*

shais_mom
07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm so sorry Leslie.
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

luvofallhorses
07-24-2006, 01:44 PM
please get well Grahm. :( (((hugs))) good thoughts and prayers are going out for Grahm.

finn's mom
07-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Please eat, Graham. :(

Logan
07-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Leslie, I am sending more prayers for Graham. This whole scenario sounds too familiar to me, as it is very similar to what Zipper and Murphy did, only that had the "sickies" (throwing up and diarrhea) to go along with it.

Please be ok, Graham.

Logan

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm so sorry, Leslie :( I just saw this now...I hope Graham will be ok and pull through.

Pembroke_Corgi
07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry. I hope Graham will get better soon. :(

Sudilar
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
I am going out of town for a few days and If Graham continues to not eat and show no improvement by the time I'm back I am going to have to make a decision to end his suffering.

Please pray for my boy.

Big time prayers coming your way. I know exactly how you feel. I have been there. My heart goes out to you and dear Graham.

wolf_Q
07-26-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm thinking of you Graham, please get feeling better and start eating!

Sudilar
07-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Prayers hoping that Graham is improving. Hugs.

Rachel
07-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Just checking to see if there is any news on how Graham is doing and what is transpiring as to his treatment. God bless Graham in his struggle to overcome this adversity.

cloverfdx
07-26-2006, 08:45 AM
You are still in my thoughts Graham and Leslie {{Hugs}}.

lv4dogs
07-26-2006, 08:52 AM
I just want to let you know that I've been keeping Graham & you in my thoughts.

Logan
07-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I know in her last post, Leslie mentioned that she was going out of town for a few days. I hope Graham is comfortable and will begin eating something. So worried. :( I know Leslie is beside herself having to be away from him.

Our prayers continue.

Logan

AdoreMyDogs
07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Well Graham is not any better or worse, so for now we're sticking threw it. I am only going to end his suffering if I notice a decline in his already sick state. I love him, and I am doing the best for him that I can. We trust the vet we're taking him to and we spent a lot of money having him tested for his illness. We had the 3 other vets at the clinic look over the x-rays and they all had the same conclusion. No point in having to go bankrupt taking him to another vet when we're confindent with our vet. We love that vet and my husbands' mom has been taking her dogs to that vet for 20 years now.

I had a very close friend staying at our house and watching my pets while I was on vacation. I would never have anyone but a trusted person watch my babies. They are, after all, my furchildren and I have always taken wonderful care of them. I have never denied them the best food/vet care/etc and I am a responsible pet owner. I did take Boone with me, but wasn't able to take Kersey because she gets so car sick and couldn't take Graham because he's not supposed to exercise or stay out in the hot weather for long, and no walks for Graham for his 90 day treatment.

So sofar, Graham is not going anywhere. Thank you all so much for the prayers, keep them coming, because our special boy is still not eating much, although he's eaten a hotdog a day for the past several days. I did open a can of food and he ate a spoonful of it before he turned up his nose, so he's getting at least SOMETHING in him, even tho it's not nearly enough for his body weight and size.

I'll keep you all posted on any new updates on our special boy. Thanks again for the prayers and well-wishes. It really means a lot to me, my husband, and to Graham.

Sudilar
07-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Hugs and prayers.

Pam
07-27-2006, 06:59 AM
I did open a can of food and he ate a spoonful of it before he turned up his nose, so he's getting at least SOMETHING in him, even tho it's not nearly enough for his body weight and size.

We will hang onto this bit of encouraging news Leslie. At least what little he is taking in, he is keeping down. My RB dog, Ashley, wanted to eat but couldn't keep anything down at all. It is so sad watching all of this. I often wished that she could talk and let me know if anything hurt. I hope Graham isn't in any pain. ((((hugs))))

Daisy and Delilah
07-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Hugs and kisses to Graham and family!! Please eat your food sweetheart :( I'm still praying hard for all of you.

RobiLee
07-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I haven't been posting much at PT, but I just wanted you to know that I have been following this thread about Graham. My heart goes out to you and I know how hard this must be for you. I'm keeping Graham in my thoughts and hoping for a positive turn around for him.

{{HUGS}}

ramanth
07-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the update Leslie! Keep eating that food Graham! :)

lizbud
07-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Prayers and hugs leslie & Graham.he is such a sweet soul & I hope he
is able to turn this around. Please get well Graham. Your momma is so
worried about you.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
So happy to read that Graham has shown some interest in eating again! Come on sweet boy, keep it up

ChrisH
07-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Prayers continuing. {{hugs}}

Rachel
07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what is transpiring. I know how devastating this must be for you to see your Graham having these problems. We are still hoping that the medication will kick in and give him a chance at recovery.

AdoreMyDogs
07-28-2006, 11:40 AM
I just don't know how to know if he's ready to be at peace and go to the rainbow bridge. I just don't know with Graham. A part of me thinks he might be ready to quit his fight and another part of me is just hanging on to the hope that he might want to keep fighting. I just don't know how to tell with him.

He eats about 2 tablespoons of food a day and that's just not enough to keep him alive. It takes 1/2 a day (usually) before he accepts any food, and even then it's just not nearly enough.

He is very weak, tired, sad, and he appears to be very uncomfortable or be in pain. I wish he would give me a sure sign that he either wants to keep fighting or he's ready to give up. I want to do the right thing and I just don't know what that is. My heart is so torn and confused.

moosmom
07-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Leslie,

Listen to your heart. YOU know that he's declining and may be in pain. But he can't tell you. Do what you think is right. Only you can make that ultimate, unselfish decision.

He eats about 2 tablespoons of food a day and that's just not enough to keep him alive. It takes 1/2 a day (usually) before he accepts any food, and even then it's just not nearly enough.

He is very weak, tired, sad, and he appears to be very uncomfortable or be in pain. I wish he would give me a sure sign that he either wants to keep fighting or he's ready to give up. I want to do the right thing and I just don't know what that is. My heart is so torn and confused

If you re-read your post, I think you've got your answer.

((((HUGS)))) honey

Donna

Jadapit
07-28-2006, 11:53 AM
I totally agree with moosmom. I'm so, so sorry you are having to deal with this I know how hard it must be. :( You both are in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))