PDA

View Full Version : My last pic :(

GreyhoundGirl
07-20-2006, 08:33 AM
:( Here is the last pic I ever took of my Pheobe :( .

Sorry if it doesn't turn out too well. This was taken with my camera I got rid of quite a few years ago. ( It was a FILM camera )

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/greyhoundgirl_2006/pheobe.jpg

BCollie_Kelly
07-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Aww she was so pretty.
Mind if I ask what happened? :(

GreyhoundGirl
07-20-2006, 08:42 AM
It's my fault. One day when we were walking she saw a chipmunk and pulled her leash right out of my hands ( I was only 7 ) She chased it, and it ran into a street. :(

Dorothy39
07-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Greyhoundgirl,

The last picture of your dog, Phoebe, turned out quite well from where I am sitting.
I am sorry to see your sad face. :(

Like Bcollie posted, can you tell us what happened? I don't mean to pry, because I can't read death stories in "detail".

I can't even look at the last picture I took of my dog, Foxy Jean. It tears me up all over again.

GreyhoundGirl
07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
:( She got hit by a car..... :(

GreyhoundGirl
07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
I found one more pic. The poor dear... I never found out what happened to her tail, when we got her it was like that... I dunno if you can tell by the pic, but she had no tail.... :(

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/greyhoundgirl_2006/pheobe1.jpg

Dorothy39
07-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, your Phoebe , she was so adorable.

I'll bet the person driving the car never go over hitting her!!! That is so sad :(

I do like Beagle dogs, even though they tend to "bark" and "howl" a lot.

I'm wondering if Phoebe had her tail "docked" (is that how you spell that word?) Did she have a previous owner?

Aside from the comments and questions, I adored your pictures of Phoebe emensely!!!!!!!

Chilli
07-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm so sorry such a tragic thing happens to your girl. She was very pretty. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
She was a pretty girl

GreyhoundGirl
07-22-2006, 02:10 PM
She did have a previous owner, she didn't tell us what happened. :( Although we did question her about it, she said she didn't know. I think it happened before that lady got her.

I think that dog had been through a lot of owners, :( she had a lot of behaviour ( sp? ) problems when we first brought her home.

lute
07-22-2006, 02:32 PM
It's my fault. One day when we were walking she saw a chipmunk and pulled her leash right out of my hands ( I was only 7 ) She chased it, and it ran into a street. :(

you need to know that it was NOT your fault! accidents happen. i accidently let our border collie/collie mix out the doorwhen i was young and he was hit and killed. it took me years to realize that it wasn't my fault. i was very young and it was an accident.

cyber-sibes
07-22-2006, 09:26 PM
It's my fault. One day when we were walking she saw a chipmunk and pulled her leash right out of my hands ( I was only 7 ) She chased it, and it ran into a street. :(What a pretty girl Phoeboe was! Beagles have such beautiful eyes. I have to chime in with lute, the accident was not your fault. Things like that happen to everyone, it's the whole string of events, not just her pulling the leash out of your hands.
I know it really hurts to loose your dog suddenly like that - my Rosie was hit by a truck right in front of my house, I miss her terribly, but she got out by accident, and I can't change what happened.
Thanks for posting her picture, maybe she's probably playing at the RB with Rosie!

GreyhoundGirl
07-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks, guys.