PDA

View Full Version : Garfield needs home

Catty1
07-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Garfield is a ginger tabby about 3 yrs old, neutered, indoor-outdoor. He was adopted from being a neighbourhood stray by the 19-year-old housemate of a friend of mine. This is in Calgary, Canada.

Now it appears Garfield has a bladder infection, and the young man will take him to the pound on Saturday if I can't get the antibiotics from my vet. I wouldn't ask my vet to do such a thing, and they wouldn't without seeing the cat first! I guess Kevin wants a fair-weather pet...

Gar is a really nice cat, would do well as a pet on an acreage. Please email me ASAP if you can help and would take him for a proper vet visit.

Thanks!

Catty1

Laura's Babies
07-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Did you have any luck finding Garfield a place to go? I hope so....

Catty1
07-15-2006, 05:01 PM
My friend, who had no money of her own to take care of Gar, was phoning around for an inexpensive vet. I told her to call the SPCA for a recommendation; their phone wasn't working, so she called the city pound and was put thru to the SPCA (the pound doesn't do cats any more).

She white-lied so Garfield would get help, said she found him in the back yard, and did they know an inexpensive vet?

The SPCA said to bring him down and they would fix him up and rehome him. Apparently they are very good at that. So away Garfield went.

The young man who IS working but wouldn't get Gar any help - My friend was ready to kill him.

He had hurt his hand at work - and my friend told him, "I want to slam your hand into the wall right now!"

"Why?" he asked, wide-eyed.

"So you'll know how I felt taking Garfield to the pound!"

His eyes teared up. He said quietly, "Thank you for doing that." And the other housemate said, "I'm sorry you had to do that. Thank you."

Meaning, they were sorry she had to be the one to do it.

And HER cat is meowing around calling for Garfield.

This makes me sick...it's obvious the kid felt bad but didn't do anything...I am SO tempted to call the SPCA and report the neglect.

But Garfield will be fixed up and healed, and they will find him a home. They have my phone # if his time starts to run out.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Catty1

Laura's Babies
07-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Great! You left your number so he can be saved if he don't get a home.. I just don't get it... the room mate wouldn't take him to the vet, would rather see him at the pound.. Kind of makes you wonder what will happen one day if he has a child that gets sick... :rolleyes:

Catty1
07-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Poor Garfield. See Memorial