PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed, Mimi

Logan
07-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Our darling Mimi, 17 years old, departed today, very peacefully and with the grace that she has always shown. Her mom and sister are very, very sad, but we know that we made the right decision. I'm so glad that I have been able to share this wonderful girl with you in the years I have been a member of Pet Talk.

It certainly has been a hard 7 months for us.........

Love,
Logan

jenluckenbach
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Dear sweet Mimi, you will be missed by more people than you even know. You had a wonderful long life's journey and a devoted family to share it with. You can run and play now, at the rainbow bridge with renewed strength. And we know that you will be awaiting a reunion with your human family, one day.

Seek out those other furbabies who have made this trip so recently, and they will embrace you.

RIP Mimi. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to your family.

Kirsten
07-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Oh Logan, no... :(

I just came here and saw this. :(

I'm very sorry you have lost your dear Mimi! It's hard saying good bye to a good friend after so many years, even when we may find comfort in the thought that they now don't have to to suffer anymore. When they go, there's an emptiness left that's almost physical. With the passing of time, this emptiness will be filled with all the good memories of so many moments of love and joy.

R.I.P. little Mimi, now you're young and whole again!

(((HUGS))) to your meowmie!

Kirsten

Karen
07-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Mimi! I know there are extra-soft pillows up there at the Rainbow Bridge, and marvelous garden for you to hunt in. You go find my Uncle Mac - he's got a soft spot for feisty girl-kitties, and will surely have treats for you, okay?

jazzcat
07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I am so very sorry your loss. Yet another to strike your family in such a short time. My thoughts are with you all.

Rest in Peace sweet Mimi. You will be greatly missed but there is comfort knowing you had such a long life here and now you are starting anew at the Bridge. Play hard sweet one.

Corinna
07-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Logan so sorry to hear of Mimi's passing . Hug that new little critter tighter.

Killearn Kitties
07-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm so sorry that you have lost your beautiful Mimi. I remember not so long ago that you posted that lovely story, was it Helen's 16th birthday? Mimi was sitting amongst all the girls, taking part in all that was going on.

Mimi had a wonderful life, with you since she was a tiny kitten. She knew she was loved, her whole life.

Rest in peace, sweet Mimi, till we see you again.

sandragonfly
07-11-2006, 05:44 PM
oh logan.. I'm so sorry she had departed away after seven of hard months. I don't know what I missed.

mimi, gone but not gone in your meomwie's golden heart. you only came down here and taught everyone your unconditionally love, made a difference (that's no question) then went back where you truly belonged - a peaceful heaven .. full of wings and goldens where they wait to see their caretakers once again one fine day!

sleep, breath softly dear now mimi .. and a gentle ((((logan)))) :(

captain
07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Oh Logan,
It certainly has been a very hard year for you ........... my thoughts and prayers are with you.

GodSpeed Mimi ............. play happily at the RB darlin.

kb2yjx
07-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Your love for Mimi showed thru on the other thread. Mimi will always be with you and love your forever! Sleep softly, dear Mimi....

Ginger's Mom
07-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Oh Logan, I am so sorry. You and your family have had so much sorrow recently. Hugs to all of you. Godspeed Mimi, Zipper and Murphy are waiting for you. :(

lizbud
07-11-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Mimi. :( She had a lifetime of love and care
and I'm sure she will be missed. Rest in Peace little one.

sasvermont
07-11-2006, 06:40 PM
((((((((((((((((Logan)))))))))))))))))

I am sure you made the right decision. Rest in Peace sweet girlie Mini.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.................................

The campers

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-11-2006, 07:11 PM
I am so sorry, Logan. I know how your heart is breaking right now.

RIP sweet Mimi, you will be greatly missed. :(

{{{hugs}}} to you, Logan and Helen too. :(

Cinder & Smoke
07-11-2006, 07:13 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Hi God ~

Thanks fur sittin inna Pilot's Seat fur Mimi's ride to The Bridge onna
Silver Klowd Express ... did'Ja let her drive fur a lil bit?

Hope You 'membered to bring Murphy an Zipper along fur da Ride ...
sure that made Mimi feel more comfortable.

See whut Ya can do wiff sendin sum God's {{{Hugs}}} down here
to help comfort Miz Logan an Helen - they're having a ruff tyme wiff
havin to send anudder FurKid up to da Bridge.

We'll be watchin up towards Heaven tanite - lookin fur the New Star *twinklin*
frumma Bridge.

Please God ~ Take Gud Care of her.

/s/ The Purrayer Kat anna Pups

------------------------------------

Rest In Eternal Peace, Dear Mimi.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Logan, I hope you don't mind, but I went back and found some pics of our beautiful Mimi. I was really looking for the one with her tiara on, but I couldn't find that one.

In no particular order.
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procsserv/F-ANWrls0ZuGbLzgQiufZudA

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procsserv/F-ANWrls0ZuGbNLqQqeFnebA

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pbfdb304b35731eb65b210b9d76e8eef6/f5466ca2.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pd86ffcffaf1b7ef881e9e48c14b2dd61/f03a2cbc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pb0426dcf5c0df8970aba1bd8f06d48da/f33fd4fa.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/p45c331edb92ff1873e0afeda9952c62c/f4d44f96.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/pd04aa6b62f2a7909ee13b4584909cd6a/f4d44f91.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p6e7e57847a98dbdac543b5e41793dfa9/f5821729.jpg

And one of the last threads about Mimi, where she was showing her brother she really did love him.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=101950&highlight=mimi

RIP beautiful Mimi. :(

Bengalz
07-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Many hugs and best wishes to you and your family on the loss of Mimi. She was a beautiful baby and had a wonderful long and happy life with you. Cherish those memories.

Rest in Peace little one.

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Logan, I'm so sorry to hear about Mimi's passing.:( She knows that she was very loved and I'm sure that you'll both met again some day. RIP sweet Mimi.:( ((((HUGS))))

K9karen
07-11-2006, 10:44 PM
My dear Logan, my heart is breaking for you and Helen. I know your loss isn't any easier whether you had darling Mimi 2 years or 17 years. She was your heart. Your decision was tough, but she is no longer hurting or tired. She's with her buddies. You gave her the best life ever, fit for a princess. *Sniff* *Sniff* {Hugs}

anna_66
07-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh Logan, I'm so very, very sorry to hear of Mimi's passing. These last few months have been so hard for you and your family. Many {{{HUGS}}} to you all.

I remember meeting her, she was such a sweet little girl and loved getting scritches from my mom.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/p9e4f9476a1a61ee9fb547a3393d0dbb1/f6293b49.jpg

RIP Dear Mimi
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/p961c31db794c6250d85d9126e4b26ff8/f6293b52.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
07-11-2006, 10:53 PM
A lady, a princess, a dutchess...a bestest friend....Mimi....

shais_mom
07-11-2006, 11:25 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Logan and family -
hugs to all of you and
Godspeed for a sweet journey Mimi

Catty1
07-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Logan - I am still in Vancouver, and don't get to a pooter much - But I saw your post about Mimi earlier...I am so so sorry, but grateful that her passing was graceful and peaceful.

HUGS HUGS HUGS to you and everyone!

catty1

Pam
07-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Logan, I know how empty your home must feel now. Of course there are other furries to love but your special girl occupied a space in your home and heart for so long. The fact that she lived to such an age speaks volumes as to the love and care she received from you. Debbie the pictures were beautiful. Let us all remember Mimi in her healthy days. Thank you for those pictures. Logan you are in my thoughts. ((((hugs))))

Laura's Babies
07-12-2006, 07:03 AM
RIP beautiful girl! You are pain free now and can run and play freely. You will be missed by those that loved you.

catlover4ever
07-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Logan I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))

RIP Sweet Mimi :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
RIP dear Mimi... .
This must be a hard time for you Logan, it is so hard to loose a cat.... :(
Lots of gentle hugs for you!

Logan
07-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Thank you all so much for your love and concern. And thank you, Debbie and Anna for posting the pictures.

Here is one of my alltime favorites of Mimi with her Honey.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid209/p7c3db3090a5497eda7ea5fce81559590/ee0d4791.jpg

And here is the famous "Crown" picture that Mayor Karen made for us on one of Mimi's birthdays.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid209/pc17a55f3d32aa8c57d54221ba6c4e336/ee0d4792.jpg

Logan
PS. I know I need to change my signature badly. I'm just not ready.

Randi
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Logan, I know how this is hurting. :( I'm so sorry Mimi had to cross to the RB. I hope you will find comfort knowing she had a long and spoiled life with you.

Rest in peace sweet Mimi - you will always be remembered!

moosmom
07-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Oh Logan, I am So sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Mimi.

smokey the elder
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm so sorry about Mimi. She'll class up the Rainbow Bridge with her regal presence.

AdoreMyDogs
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Logan I am so very sorry for your loss. What a special little girl that Mimi was. Rest in peace, dear little one. Say hi to my furangel friends for me :(

Barbara
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Logan I am so sorry.
We all know that our older ladies have already a life longer than the average of cats- but I always thought it would stay so forever.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Uabassoon
07-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Logan I'm so sorry to hear about Mimi. She was such a special girl and was very well loved. RIP sweet Mimi.

Logan
07-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I am having a hard time tonight. Thank you all for your sweet words. I need them. :(

Logan

catmandu
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Mimi is such a Dear Wonderous Cat, and we know that after 17 years that you will miss her so much.
She is healthy now, and flying about on her new wings and although she misses you, she knows that it only temporary.
Mimi will see you, with all sorts of restaurants you can dine together at, and places that you can see when you are reunited.
One Fine Day.

Zippy
07-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I am so sorry about Mimi.
Mimi Rest In Peace

slick
07-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Logan, please please forgive me for not posting until now. This pneumonia has really gotten ahold of me.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of Mimi and I know how much you are hurting right now. I wish I could take away the pain, but please take comfort in knowing that Speckles was there to greet her and Mimi is now making lots of friends at the RB. Strut you stuff, Mimi and show the RB just what a royal kitty you are.

{{{hugs}}} Logan.
xoxoxoxoxo

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2006, 07:21 PM
{{{hugs}}}

So sorry we can't be there in person for real hugs. :(

auggie
07-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Logan I’m so very sorry. :(
Mimi was such a special girl and I know how much you loved her.
Unfortunately they are never with us long enough.
I’m sure that some day you will see her again.

wolf_Q
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Mimi. :( Rest in peace sweet girl.

Daisy and Delilah
07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
There are no words that come to me now that can begin to comfort you at this time. I don't know how you can cope. It has to be almost impossible. My heart is breaking for you. Rest in peace beautiful Mimi and play hard at the bridge sweetie. :(

Donnaj4962
07-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Mimi's passing. I can only imagine how sad and lost you must be feeling at this time.

Godspeed to the RB Mimi, play hard, and enjoy playing with all the other PT furbabies that have passed.

(((hugs))) and prayers coming from Indiana to you Logan and your family.

Lizzie
07-13-2006, 04:00 PM
I haven't been here long enough to have known Mimi when she was well, but your small photo of her allowed me to see what a calm beauty she was. It's such a shock when they leave so suddenly and with no sickness-related decline; you want an illness to fight to make you feel that you did everything you possibly could, but in Mimi's case her old age caught up with her very suddenly. You did, of course, do everything you possibly could to give her a wonderful life and that's what you need to focus on, even though all your feelings are focused on loss at this time.

It was great when Jen posted photos of Lucas for those of us who are new, and I hope you will feel like posting some of Mimi in her prime, when you are up to it.

Logan
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Lizzie, thank you. Your words are very special. I hope you will look back in this thread because Debbie and Anna posted some good pictures of Mimi. And I added a couple, myself. I dared not take pictures of her in the last few months as she looked so pitiful. I prefer to remember her in her better days, which they captured in their photos.

Thank you all, once again.

Logan

Vermontcat
07-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Logan, I am so sorry that I did not get to post here until now.
I know how special Mimi was to you and that you two spent many wonderful years together.
I know the special bond that you shared with Mimi because I have it with my Samantha.
I am so sorry that Mimi is gone, she is with Murphy and Zipper now.
She was a very sweet girl, who I was honored to meet last summer.
Here is a photo I took of her and Butter when I visited you last July.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/buttermimi.jpg
Many, many hugs to you and Helen at this time.
Hug that puppy and your golden girls and maybe even Butter boy if he will let you.
We are all here for you whenever you need us.
Sending extra hugs your way.

Sevaede
07-13-2006, 11:15 PM
R.I.P. dear Mimi. You'll always be missed. :(

Cataholic
07-15-2006, 08:24 PM
What sad, sad news to return to. I am very sorry about Mimi, Logan. I know you and Helen made the right decision, at the right time. But, that just doesn't make it any easier, does it? RIP, sweet Mimi. Look over your family.

Logan
07-17-2006, 11:31 AM
It is not easier, Johanna, and thank you all for recognizing that. There is a huge void in our home, even though Mimi was quiet and invisible a lot of the time.

I brought her home this morning. Bless her heart. Her little box is so much smaller than the others. Petite, like Mimi, I guess. :(

Logan

Logan
07-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Thank you, too, Zoe, for that precious memory! One of the few times that Mimi and Butter were photographed together!!! :) Give Samantha a kiss from me, please.

Logan

catlover4ever
07-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Logan, something in my heart told me to come back and re-visit today...I see that you brought Mimi home today. (((HUGS))) today is bittersweet, Mimi is home and your heart aches again so much. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Mimi is and always will be a very special girl.

Cataholic
07-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh, Logan. LES all over again. Not a happy homecoming, but, one that will bring you comfort in time. Tex sleeps at the foot of my bed, just like he always did. I keep him in my 'hope' chest. :(

May you find the perfect spot for Mimi, the one outside of your heart, of course.

Johanna

AmberLee
07-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Rest in Peace, sweet Mimi. You left huge pawprints in our hearts...

Frolic heartily at the Rainbow Bridge, darling girl.

Kater
07-17-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm so sorry to read about sweet Mimi. :( She had a long life filled with much love. You, your daughter and your whole family will be in my thoughts, Logan.

{{HUGS}} across the miles. RIP always, Mimi.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh Logan, I know bringing Mimi home brings some comfort, but not much. Even though her box is smaller, I'm sure it will be a big presence in your home, just like she was.

After I brought Tubby home, I set him on a shelf next to a picture of him. Quite often I found myself drawn there, and I'd talk to him as if he was sitting right there in front of me. It brought me a little comfort knowing even though he wasn't really there, he could still hear me and I knew he was there for me.

{{{hugs}}}

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Logan....as I looked at the photo above of Mimi....the song from CATS came to my mind. You know the one where she talks about how beautiful she was? Her coat is rough now but once she was gorgeous....and she will assend and be beautiful again.

That is your Mimi....she is beautiful again....

Bengalz
07-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Logan,

Knowing how painful it is to lose our precious little ones, my heart aches for you. The sadness will eventually pass and all the special memories that are Mimi's legacy will remain. Please know that her spirit will never leave you and that the love you shared with your beautiful baby girl will always be in your heart.

Sending soothing hugs to you,

Betty

finn's mom
07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Logan, I'm a terrible friend for just now seeing this. I'm sorry. :( For your loss and for my lack of support in your time of sorrow. I hope your family is coping well.

Logan
07-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Don't you worry, Kari. You have been a good friend to me through my many losses the last year. Thank you for that.

I hate that my family has grown smaller, but it is still full, obviously.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. You can't imagine how much it helps.

Logan

ramanth
07-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Logan, I'm so sorry I'm just finding this. :( :(

RIP Mimi.. you will be missed. :(

*HUGS*

Russian Blue
07-23-2006, 07:46 PM
So sorry for this loss Logan. :( Play hard at the bridge Mimi but take some time to watch over your family since the loss runs deep.

Logan
07-11-2007, 04:44 PM
It hit me this morning that today is one year since we lost Mimi. You know, there is no replacement for a special one like she was. I'm not sure that any cat can fill her HUGE shoes, even though she was a tiny thing.

I miss her, and Helen misses her too. I was reading back over all of the thoughtful posts that you guys made after she left us and one from Cataholic (Johanna) hit me and I'm going to make a bold move tonight and take those beautiful wooden boxes that contain the remains of Murphy, Zipper, Mimi and Lilly and put them in my hope chest. I have never been able to bring myself to put them out in the open, but in my hope chest, which is almost 100 years old, they will be safe and secure, a much better option than the closet shelf that they are on, right now.

Here we are, introducing a new family member, tonight, and I am so excited about having him here (if you are interested, look in Dog Rescue), but at the same time, I feel a bit somber, reflecting on losing Mimi and all 3 dogs, too, in such a short period of time.

We move forward in honor of the memory of Murphy, Zipper, Mimi and Lilly, though. That's what they would want, as they all 4 cherished our family so much. :) What sweet souls they were.

Logan, Honey, Baby Mack, Butter and Ben

wolflady
07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh Logan, what a sweet post in honor of the anniversary of Mimi's passing. I was reading through all of the posts here and many of them brought tears to my eyes. PTers are a special lot, as our the furry ones we love so much. Mimi was indeed a very special little lady and I'm sure she still watches over you and your family :)

Logan
07-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Thank you, Karen. She was a really, really good girl, and I know you know and understand the feeling that comes with those pets who stick with you through thick and thin. That's what Mimi did for me. :) she will always hold a special place in my heart.

phesina
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
My very deepest sympathy on the anniversary of the loss of your beloved Mimi. Rest in peace, sweet girl.

Pat

gini
07-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Logan, how I understand - I have all of the dates of my kittie's passing - and it hurts all over again to deal with their loss.

You have had more than your share this past year - and here you are with a new baby to dote on.

Maybe that is why - why we lose them - so it makes room for another that needs all of the love your family has to offer.