PDA

View Full Version : Off to the Vets..........UPDATE

DrKym
07-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Goof the cocker is off to the vets to get spayed today! It's her happy 7 month old present from Mom &Dad (we promise a doggie cake tomorrow!) She wasn't very happy last night not being able to have any bedtime snacks :( and much less happy this morning with us waking her up so early! (turn about is fair play?) and Rusty is looking all over the house for her for their morning romp, she will be home later today as long as all is routine.(no reason to think otherwise) So keep a good thought for her today please. :D

Dorothy39
07-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh Poor little Goof!!! :(

She'll be dopey when she gets home as well :( , so, watch her around Rusty!!!

But, on second thought, he'll probably be her nursemaid!!!!

I'll keep Goof in my thoughts today!!! Please Keep us up-dated!!!

There's plenty going on in our household now as well. Later, Dr. Goodnow!!!!

DrKym
07-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Just talked to her Vets office she is the next one in so her surgery will be over and done by lunch. they did say she was quite the vocal young lady LOL! Hope that all going on your house is good news Kathy!cant wait to hear details! ;)

Jadapit
07-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Goof will be in my thoughts. When mine were spayed they had to spend the night at the vets, I was a nervous wreck when mine were fixed but they all did great. I'm sure Goof will too. Keep us updated. :D

Dorothy39
07-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Just talked to her Vets office she is the next one in so her surgery will be over and done by lunch. they did say she was quite the vocal young lady LOL! Hope that all going on your house is good news Kathy!cant wait to hear details! ;)
Well, for just akick start, check out the Dog Health forum when you get a chance. Chihuahua knee joint!!! Later, Dr. Goodnow!!!!!

Please let us know how Goof is doing!!!! Oh, Poor baby!!!!She's probaby in there right now!!!!

Roxyluvsme13
07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Good Luck, Goof!

DrKym
07-11-2006, 12:07 PM
thank you all for your thoughts, Tony called and said Goof is waking up a bit and will be ready around 5:30 for pick up everything was routine so far. She hasn't ever had a heat yet so I didn't forsee any surprises. Poor Goof she is already dopey cant imagine her on drugs LOL :rolleyes:

Dorothy39
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
She'll be pretty doped up when she gets home. I wonder how Rusty will react to her? :rolleyes: He'll probably do the sniff test then stand and look at her with puzzlement written all over his big ol face.

Baby the heck out of her for me Dr. Goodnow!!! and Kiss her Boo Boo for me too!!!! :(

DrKym
07-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Goof is home a bit sore but her surgical site looks great! She has Deramaxx for pain 4 days worth and ampicillin 5 days worth she wanted out and did her duties and is resting on her bed under my desk. She seems a bit tired and less patient with the boys peeking at her but other than that no worse for the wear. She sends sweet cocker kisses and cuddles to everyone for their prayers and thoughts today, and is glad that she wont ever have to deal with puppies as she already helped mommy the rescue kitties and now the terrorize her as all good kitties should ! :D

Ginger's Mom
07-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear that Goof is home and doing well. Gentle hugs for her. Yes, I think she will be much happier and healthier now.

Dorothy39
07-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh Goof!!!! The worst part is over for you, and just think, no puppies to take care of, just cats and kids!!!! Hip Hip Hurrah!!! Goof is home and will be back to her self in no time!!!

zoomer
07-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Aww! Good luck, Goof!

DrKym
07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
She is sound asleep thanks to pain killers Rusty is holding vigil over her crate which we had to put in adrians room as she has slept with older son since 7 weeks old and she whined until she was at least there. Sad when your pets have pink apes (callthem both monkey boys) as pets :D

K9karen
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Glad all went well with Goof, Kym. I'm sure Adrian and Rusty will take good care of her

Gentle kisses and hugs to Goof...you too...thanks for everything..Hi to Adrian..love him

DrKym
07-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks Karen! how are you feeling hun? Adrian sends his best and Goofy thanks you for the hugs. Call me if you want to chat and know you are always in our thoughts.

Logan
07-12-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm so glad that Goof's surgery went fine. We worry about them anytime something like this has to be done!

Logan

DrKym
07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Goofy is feeling much better today a bit sore but happy and eating and going outside to potty, not thrilled with being crated so much but Rusty is trying to mother her to death and get her to play which she cannot do for another few days.

Dorothy39
07-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh , that is great news. That Rusty, or, Dr.Felon now I presume!!! :D

so glad that all is going well.

Miura will go up to Grand Rapids tomorrow morning for that surgery !!!!
Poor baby Miura!!!!

I stole your thread to use as an update. Too lazy to update my own!!! :D

DrKym
07-12-2006, 08:46 PM
ROFL thats ok I will share the thread! How long will the surgery take Kath? will she be coming home tomorrow or is it an overnighter? give her mom and dad hugs and kiss that sweet baby for me!

Dorothy39
07-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't have all the details, I talked to my son for just a few minutes before leaving for an Outside Band Concert. Such a Social Butterfly tonight!! :o

He told me that her surgery is scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow morning in Grand Rapids. I'm hoping that she will be able to come home in the afternoon!!!

They will have to leave here by 6:00 A.M. I suppose. Poor Miura, I call her Meer-Cat!!!! But I am sure she will not be begging on her hind legs for awhile. Maybe I can make myself laugh right now, You know, come up with a temporary nick name for her. She is such a sweet little dog !!!!! I know they will probably leave their other dog, Lillie , with us. Lillie is such a lover!!!!

Miura also reminds me of that Gecko on those Gieco Insurance Ads!I'll keep you posted on my little Meer-cat!!!!