PDA

View Full Version : Update on Guppies

CagneyDog
07-10-2006, 06:52 PM
I switched them into a 10 gallon tank and they all started dieing. I took them out, cleaned the tank more, got a new filter, and got some fish remedy stuff. I now only have three left, but they are doing fine. I feel so bad for killing them all, but I tried. :o :( I'm going to get a few more now. I'm just wondering how many I can have in a 10 gallon tank?

Chilli
07-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm so sorry alot died. :( Was the new tank cycled?
Don't feel too bad about them dying. Sometimes just one teeny tiny mistake can make such a difference. I've learned it the hard way.
I am glad to hear the remaining three are doing fine. I don't know much at all about guppies, so I can't help you on how many can fit in the ten gallon.
Good luck^^!

CagneyDog
07-10-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm so sorry alot died. :( Was the new tank cycled?

Yup, I'm not sure where I went wrong. I cleaned it out really well the first time, and had the correct temperature and everything.

Thanks for the reply :)

Roxyluvsme13
07-10-2006, 08:31 PM
I would say add 2 more, maybe.. but I'm no Guppy expert. Sorry they died. It's very simple to make a mistake though.

bckrazy
07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
That is such a bummer =( did you check the ammonia levels and acclimate them slowly? They might've been so used to living in cramped, over-stocked water. At least you know the 3 left will be much happier.

For a 10g, if you're mixing sexes I'd recommend 4 females and 1 or 2 males. 5-6 is a good number.

lute
07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
i'm sorry that the guppys died. i hope you have better luck with the new ones!

CagneyDog
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys! No, I didn't even realize i needed the ammonia levels and such :o

Oh, and when they have babies are they eggs?

zoomer
07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Aww, I'm sorry they died! Good luck with the new ones, and I suggest having 5 or 6 in a 10 gallon tank.