07-10-2006, 05:54 AM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i128/aNightWalker/clouds.jpg
Forever in my heart, Tinker Toy

Danegirl2208
07-10-2006, 02:23 PM
oh, that is beautiful :( R.I.P Tinker Toy

TopCat3
07-10-2006, 10:44 PM
What a beautiful poem. I knew I shouldn't have come in here while I'm at work :rolleyes: :(

RIP Tinker Toy have fun at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for your mummy. Rumour has it you're preparing a little flower garden for her one day. One fine day as Catmandu would say.

Hugs to you, meowmie

Karen
07-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge, Tinker Toy!

Terminalvelocity
07-11-2006, 01:04 AM
I thank you all for your replies.

Toy has been gone for almost six years now and I'm just beginning to recover from the loss. I wrote that poem about a year after she died.

I posted it here because I see so many cat lovers here who are in pain, very real, very deep pain and I want them to know that its ok to feel and express that pain.

Every time I hear the phrase, "Its just a cat(or dog)", I just about go nuts. Our companion animals are family members! I don't think humanity will ever reach the point where we'll be given three days paid leave from work, but hopefully there will be more empathy from co-workers, neighbors and family in the future.

That's why I wrote it and that's why I posted it here.

Thanks for reading it,

Karel

Kirsten
07-11-2006, 11:00 AM
What a very beautiful poem! Reminds me of the day following Katz's passing. My boss removed me from my desk in the entrance hall because he didn't want a crying secretary there. He didn't even ask what's wrong, but I know he wouldn't have understood that I was just heartbroken because my most beloved friend was gone...

The sentence "It's just a cat/dog" is cruel and just heartless. But people who say that are poor because they never experienced the love and friendship of a furry friend.

R.I.P. Tinker Toy!

Kirsten

kb2yjx
07-11-2006, 02:08 PM
You are so right Kirsten!!! I have read until you love and are loved back by a cat or dog, you haven't fully allowed your soul to expand to its fullest!!! Thank you for the poem. And sleep softly, seet Tinker Toy....

catmandu
07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I know so many clods that would be upset if thier TV was stolen, when you can buy a TV just about anywhere.
Its only a machine.
There was only One Tinker Toy ever.
Tinker Toy is doing well in the Pet Angel Army, finding places that he and his Meeowmie can share, when the day comes when they are reunited.
One Fine Day.

catfamily
07-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks for sharing this wonderful poem with us.My cats are my children and I go the extra mile for them.My whole life is my cats.I spring out of bed from a sound sleep to check on them just like a mom does with her human child. :)

Logan
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Karel, you know that I completely understand where you came from when you wrote that poem and your love for TinkerToy, which is unmatched by any of us. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.

Logan

Terminalvelocity
07-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Thank you, Logan.

If only people didn't have to feel ashamed or embarrassed about grieving for their lost pets. Its not right for someone to have to try to hide their pain.:mad: We truly love our animals and if the rest of the human race would just get the 'hint' this world would be a better place.

catfamily
07-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Thank you, Logan.

If only people didn't have to feel ashamed or embarrassed about grieving for their lost pets. Its not right for someone to have to try to hide their pain.:mad: We truly love our animals and if the rest of the human race would just get the 'hint' this world would be a better place.

Well said!
I (We all on Pettalk)wish people would appreciate animals better.And your so very right.The world would be a much better place if they did.I'm still grieving over the loss of my cats that have passed.I still cry over them.They are wonderful beings.It's a sad world we live in.Sometimes.