PDA

View Full Version : Betta advice?

Sevaede
06-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I have one betta (Feesh). I would like to get a couple more as I've always had a betta at some point in life. Is the only possible way to do this by getting several more tanks? I won't use those little tiny square seperators (You know, they set up against the inside of the tank and have almost as little space as the cups at wal mart or less.). Will a tank seperator work (It's kind of oddly shaped.)? If not, then I will happily get more tanks. I was just curious as to the best options for them! :D

Flatcoatluver
06-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Well how many gallons are in the tank that Feesh is in?

Sevaede
06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Well how many gallons are in the tank that Feesh is in?

3, I think. It's only temporary though.

binka_nugget
06-12-2006, 11:49 PM
If you can afford it and have room for it, I say go for a roomy, heated tank for the new betta. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with putting bettas in divided tanks. I did that for a while and everything was fine! I just *hate* having larger tanks though so I decided to go for several smaller tanks.

Sevaede
06-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Ah, sounds good! What if I got a 10-20 gallon and put a divider in it? Think the bettas could kind of coexist that way?

Also, what would be your opinion on a plecostomus being in a tank with a betta? Squeesh, our pleco, is in the tank with the betta we have now. They don't bother each other, they seem rather fond of each other, actually. If I had Feesh and Squeesh on one side then I am, hopefully, assuming that I could have another pleco with the new betta, right? Thank you so much! :D

lute
06-13-2006, 09:10 AM
i'm with binka_nugget. i don't like large tanks so i got a bunch of smaller ones.