PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

Laura71
06-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone,
I am new to here and need some help. I know this is kind of forward but I have no choice right now. I love pit bulls, but I have a problem with one right now. YOu see the story is a rescue group found a pit bull lab mix and they rescued her and got her treated for heartworms and got her spayed and all her shots were done. Well we have tried for about a year to get her adopted with no luck. The problem is that she is not good around cats or toddlers. She is great with older kids and likes to just chilll around them. She is also good with dogs that are in place before her nothing after her though. She doesn't like dogs coming in after her since I guess she feels they need no other dog after her. She is scared of storms and if outside she will tear the door up trying to get in the house. Otherwise she doesn't tear things up or mess or anything. No digging, she is potty trained, no chewing , tearing up things or even shedding. Great dog just cat problems and toddler issues. She is with my sister for a few days literally and that is it. You see the rescue is putting her down Wednesday due to the fact that no one can keep her. My parents were fostering her but she did not like their cat and the rest of the rescue is not taking her because if they go to work and a storm hits she will get inside the house. If she is inside already she is fine and won't tear anything up. She is great but we lose her Wednesday. They are putting her down and she is so sweet. I hope someone can help me or do something do help me. I need a home, foster or something. I have her on sites all over and have emailed or talked to other rescues and they are filled and said you have to let her go and you can't save them all. I just want to save her. Please reply to this and let me know if you can help in Texas

.sarah
06-12-2006, 01:13 PM
How far away from you are the rescues? Have you tried to contact rescues out of state? You can ship her to them or arrange a transport to get her there. Where exactly in Texas are you?

Have you tried looking on Yahoo groups for Pit Bull rescuers who will be willing to travel to get this girl?

Maybe you could place an ad in the paper - all of her info, her adoption fee, etc.

Have you found Pit Bull message boards and posted her there? What about message boards that specialize in rescues? Transport message boards?

Give me some more info about her location and I will try to help you out.

Laura71
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
She is in Dallas fort worth area in Texas. I tried numerous places and no one can help. I hear "you can't save them all" so much. I don't want to save them all just her. She is on pet finder under angel rescue of north texas. She is great. I have tried pit bull rescues and all over the place to see if they can help. Most places are full and I understand but she needs help. I can't afford a lot but I am willing to pay some money to get her saved. Please let me know what you can do. I don't know if I am allowed to post my number but here goes 817-343-8551.
Thanks,
Laura

Laura71
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Last thing she only has till Wednesday and that is it.
Laura

.sarah
06-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Is this her? http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=4524504

I'll see if I can be of any help. Poor girl :(

.sarah
06-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Have you posted this in the urgent section on Petfinder.com message boards? I didn't see it, but may have just missed it.

I am at work now and won't be home for another hour but once I get home I will be able to do more.

jesse_3
06-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh this is heartbreaking...Could you maybe foster her for a while? I am all the way in Minnesota, so I will be of no help, all I can say is that she will be in my prayers. Good luck, and God bless you for trying to help this sweetie...

Stephanie, Jesse, Jemi', Splinter, Xambi, and Selina

Laura71
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM
You have her right. That is the baby girl. I wish i could foster her but my boxer is not fond of black dogs at all. I don't know why but she will try to kill a black dog and loves every other dog out there. I can't take her or a fight will ensue.
Laura