PDA

View Full Version : Whiskers and Muffin...

Court
06-11-2006, 08:35 AM
I haven't posted on this thread because I didn't have any pictures to share but I wanted to aknowledge my beautiful cats who have passed away. Muffin was a Russian Blue who was thrown out on the interstate with her kittens back in 1993. I was 9 years old, and we had "barn cats" but not really affectionate cats I could hold before. I had loved cats all my life but my mom said "no inside cats". Well...Muffins story was run in the local paper and her kittens all got homes. They wanted to find Muffin one. My grandmother adopted Muffin for me and let me keep her at her apartment. She was so beautiful and so loving. In 1995, she ran away when the door was opened and never returned. My grandmother thought she was an old cat and probably went outside to die. I never saw her again and I was devestated. We had other cats throuhout the 90's but in 1996, I was passing a local feed-trading post and they always had "free kittens" in a cage outside. My friend and I had just got through fishing and stopped to look at the puppies for her son. I of course, walked over to the kitten cage and on the very bottom of the cage was Whiskers. A calico female who stole my heart. She was being trampled by all the other cats and she was the smallest. I reached in and grabbed her. I brought her home to my grandmother's, (I was now living there with my grandmother) and of course she let me keep her. (My grandmother was a cat lover too.) Whiskers came at a very difficult time in my life, I had moved in with my grandmother the year before due to my mother having a drinking problem and I was at a very difficult age, being 14. She slept with my every night, she knew my voice, and she would suck my ear. In 1998, Whiskers was diagnosed with Lukemia and she broke my heart with her failing condition. I knew it was best to put her to sleep but I couldn't and begged my grandmother not to. We made her a place in our bathroom with pillows and blankets and I made myself and little bed right next to her and slept there every night until she died. She was my angel cat. I'm crying just typing this. Sorry this post is so long but wanted to tell my kitties story, so they can be remembered.

kb2yjx
06-11-2006, 10:45 AM
What wonderful memories you have about Whiskers and Muffin!!! You will always have them to treasure. Sleep softly dear Whiskers and Muffin...

Cataholic
06-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Your post brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute to two beautiful kitties! Rest peacefully, Whiskers and Muffins.

catmandu
06-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Muffin And Whiskers Are Now Well Established And High Ranking Officers In The Pet Angel Army.
They Have A Long List Of Places That You Can All Visit Together And Have A Lot Of Fun When You Meet Again, Many Years From Now.
One Fine Day.

LittleOrangeKitten
06-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Thank you for such a beautiful tribute to your babies. I will one day be able to write a tribute to my Gideon, who went to the RB two years ago. I still get so teary over him that I cannot write about him. So, one of these days...