PDA

View Full Version : just a preview of my tiel

Husky_mom
06-06-2006, 02:33 PM
yes you read right I GOT A TIEL!!!! :D

im not sure if its a he or a she yet, and i wanted to know your opinions regarding color, i found this pic (its NOT my tiel but it looks SIMILAR)

mine has more yellow on the back of the head adn less yellow tail feathers and on the wingfeathers besides the white parts has a couple interspaced yellow ones along with grey ones (on the longest feathers).

http://www.acay.com.au/~hickson/Cinnamon%20Cockatiel.jpg

iŽll try get pics on my actual tiel so you can get a better look but first i need to find my battery charger :rolleyes: which i forgot where i put :o .

My Peanuts
06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Congrats!

The tiel in the picture looks like cinnamon or possibly a silver teil (sometimes it’s hard to tell in pictures). Based solely on his orange patches I'd say that tiel is a male, but I've had females with dark patches too.

lute
06-06-2006, 05:33 PM
CONGRATS!!! the tiel in the pic is a female. you can tell by the horizontal bars on the under side of her tail. if the tail was think dark verticle bars it would be a male.

can't wait for pics!!! :D

My Peanuts
06-06-2006, 07:05 PM
CONGRATS!!! the tiel in the pic is a female. you can tell by the horizontal bars on the under side of her tail. if the tail was think dark verticle bars it would be a male.

Aw you got me! I didn't even look at that! I tell ya I'm no good at figuring out the sexes of tiels. :rolleyes: :D

buttercup132
06-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Aww yay!
I cant wait for pictures!

Zippy
06-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Love her.Tiels are usely easy to tell if it is a girl or boy i have heard

shihtzulover850
06-07-2006, 12:26 PM

hm I didn't know how you told the difference that is pretty bird

Husky_mom
06-08-2006, 12:47 PM

actually if the tiel is a pied it can have as well bars and/or bright cheek patches just like a male would, since i dont know about this pic you can assume correctly it is a female....... :D

in my case i think i have a cinnamon pied in which case you cant know by looks but iŽm pretty sure its a female cause it doesnt whistles much and it barely chirps.......... but iŽll have to wait a bit longer to be 100% sure ;)

iŽll post pics this afternoon :D :D just gotta load them :rolleyes: