PDA

View Full Version : * Resizing & Posting Pictures ..

BC_MoM
04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Can there please be a picture height and width maximum for this site when posting pictures?

Lately I've been finding I have to scroll over in some threads because the pictures are far too large! And it kind of gets annoying.. :o

Seeing how most people and default settings on most computers, their viewing at 1024 x 768.. I don't think the width of the picture needs to be bigger than 768!

Sorry if I'm sounding naggish, but I like it when I don't have to scroll horizontally to see pictures! (Plus, it takes longer for them to load! :()

Roxyluvsme13
04-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree, it takes a loooong time to load, especially for Dial Up users...I used to have Dial-Up, and I totally know the feeling.

Fender963
04-04-2006, 10:43 PM
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/photo-album/3823-image-editing-insertion-guide.html

A good guide for those wondering how to resize images without buying anything.

cloverfdx
04-05-2006, 11:14 AM
BC your photos always take alot longer to load than alot of the larger pics posted :confused:, not sure why that is.

BC_MoM
04-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Neither do I. Mine load just as fast as others my size such as Kay's and Sarah's.

Karen
04-05-2006, 01:19 PM
BC_Mom, they will always load fast for you, as your machine probably has them cached.

As for the original issue, I PM folks when they post extra-large pictures. Usually it is because they do not know how to resize them, and I can then walk them through it.

As for someone's else having difficulty loading your pictures, it could just be a slow-down in some portion of the Internet between where your pictures are hosted and where that person's machine is on the Internet.