PDA

View Full Version : Maine Coon Cat Needs Home

Ruthie002
04-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Healthy, happy Maine Coon cat needs a home. This cat, named Emily, is a beauty. Emily's owner (my aunt) recently passed away. My family is taking care of Emily but can not keep her permanently because the family dog is pursuing her a tad too aggressively.

Emily is 11 pounds, 8 yrs old, pure bred. Friendly, relaxed cat, who likes to roll around on her back. We recently took her to the vet for a full check up, and she is healthy. She has been an indoor cat all of her life.

Emily has lived with other cats and dogs, and seems to get along well. Emily needs a "forever" home, with lots of TLC.

We are located in Oakland, CA. Feel free to contact me by phone 510-601-6494 or by email: [email protected].

-Ruth Levine

moosmom
04-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Ruth,

I called and left you a message regarding Emily. If I only lived closer, I'd take her in. However, I have a friend who is the head of the MCARN (Maine Coon Alliance Rescue Network) and will call her to see if they know anyone in your area who can foster her while they post her bio and picture on their website. I also have alot of rescue connections and can post her picture on their websites too.

Keep me posted on Emily. I'd LOVE to take her in. Now, if you can arrange for her to be brought here, I'd definitely foster her.

moosmom
04-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Ruth,

I've emailed my friend at MCARN and await her response. Please let me know where in California Emily so I can let Carolyn know. I also need a picture and bio on her when you get a chance.

I'll keep you posted. Don't worry, we'll find Emily a great home. ;)

moosmom
04-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Ruth,

I'm in touch with a woman who is part of the MCARN in Oakland, CA. We're going to try and find Emily a foster home till she can be placed in a furrrever home. Please call me when you get a chance.

Donna

moosmom
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I was in touch with Ruth and told her that a woman from Maine Coon Alliance Rescue Network in her area would be calling her.

Elaine emailed me and said that she called her 3 times and left messages for Ruth, the woman so desperate to place Emily, to call her back ASAP.

I've asked her to please send me a picture and biography of Emily so we can post it. What'd I get, NOTHING!!!

Now, I try to help people is situations where a cat needs rehoming. But when the people who ask for help don't cooperate, I get a little PO'd to say the least.

PLEASE RUTH!!!! If you read this, PLEASE call Elaine. We want to help you and Emily but can't if you don't cooperate.

UGH!! :mad:

Laura's Babies
05-14-2006, 10:29 AM
It is odd that she has never responed to your efforts to help.. Wonder what the deal is?

moosmom
05-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Laura,

From what I've been told, I guess Ruthie is going to keep the cat.