PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Whoopsie Daisy

QueenScoopalot
03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/New%20rescues/WhoopsieDaisyandBrother.jpg
The little fatty face sweetheart on the right Daisy died from wet form FIP. :( She was the sweetest baby that was born feral (but nobody told her she was). Here's the link to her 'capture'..http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=95499&highlight=Whoopsie+Daisy
Daisy had a forever home in the works for her in Virginia, but last weekend she started looking a bit punkish. Although she was eating fine, her stools were normal etc. in a matter of days she started to look like a water balloon with a prominant spine and I knew from a previous kitten (10 years ago) that she had FIP. :( It took her down so quickly when I had her in the vets yesterday, and they tapped out the tell-tale banana yellow fluid from around her belly, she wasn't going to make it. :( Like another baby from many years back, she was almost on her way to The Bridge so she went quickly after I told her I loved her so much. She was purring and eating the night before, and then taken to be a new star in the Heavens. :( I am not panicking about the other cats as FIP is actually not that common, and is genetically linked to the particular cat. People panic when vets do "THE TEST" which ONLY tells a cat has had a corona virus....of which there are HUNDREDS! Any sniffles a cat has is a member of the corona virus family! Dear Whoopsie Daisy was loved for a few months which I'm thankful for. She would have died from trying to survive as a severely handicapped kitten in a junk yard. RIP sweet baby girl. :(

Catty1
03-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Beautiful precious girl...your mom was there to hold you and love you, as you had been ever since you fell in the mud!

Queen...you loved that girl and gave her a great life, however long it was...and she lived much longer than she would have in that junkyard.

Hugs and prayers

Catty1

moosmom
03-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Jan,

I'm sorry about WD. But that's all part of rescue. She was a sweet little thing. I'm just glad she had you in her life to make her feel special.

RIP Whoopsie sweetheart. You were loved and will be missed. :(

Kirsten
03-11-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm very sorry! :( I lost my Aysche to this dreadful disease.

It's so sad that the virus took little Daisy who had a chance for a good life in a furrever home, but at least she experienced lots of love already.

R.I.P. sweet girl,
Kirsten

catmandu
03-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Whoopsie Daisy was such a Beautiful Cat,and she is welcome to come along on our Lunch Expeditions.
Today the Pet Angels are going to Hamfest in New Jersey where there will be lots of meats and food.
She truly appreciates you giving her a home and she knows that you Two will have some much to catch up on,when you reunite.
One Fine Day.

Medusa
03-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Sweet, sweet girl. She got to experience the human touch and for that I'm so grateful to you. Bless you both.

Mary

smokey the elder
03-12-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm so sorry about Whoopsie Daisy. FIP is the pits. You took great care of her.

Laura's Babies
03-12-2006, 11:30 AM
(Gee Jan, I thought I responded to this the other day! I think I am doing preview and forgetting to submit!)

RIP pretty Daisy!

I love the name you gave her. You do seem to find the CH kitties more than anyone and what a belssing that is for THEM! Anyone else would have had her PTS without hesitation, thinking she was sick. You will be so blessed for what you did for her and all kitties that you rescue.

catfamily
03-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Thank goodness you saved her from the junkyard and she had a warm loving home until her passing.She appreciates everything you've done for her.