Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And Now I have five dogs

And Now I have five dogs

I just came home and there were two dogs laying on my front porch. It is like they were waiting for me. It is a pit mix that acts very abused and an old old old Retriever. It is red haired with a grey face and NO teeth. I don't know if they were dropped off or just got lost. It's odd that they chose my house to hang out at.

So, I have some signs up. My neighbor (the evil I hate dogs lady) wants the retriever. She said that her retriever was stolen years ago and this one reminds her of him.

Thank you Wolfie!

Awww, I can't belive it..

poor dogs...Have any pictures of them?

Of COURSE they chose your house. Don't you know all Pet Talk homes have a large sign in blinking lights that says "animal spoiler inside, c'mon over!" that is visible to all animals, just not to humans?

My digital camera is still at my grandmother's. I took pics of them with a disposable, so you'll see pics eventually. The pitty mix kind of resembles Felony. It has pretty markings.

Thank you Wolfie!

Oh, and I have to correct myself. The pitty mix isn't acting abused now. Maybe she was just scared when she first met me. They're sweethearts. I tried seperating them because I wanted to feed the old one soft food and the pitty flipped out. Obviously they are inseperable. So, they are both in the house right now. They are acting really well and I can tell that they aren't allowed on furniture. Jaden called one of them on the couch and it wouldn't go up there.

Thank you Wolfie!

awesome.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

If nobody claims them are you going to keep them? They sound like very nice dogs.

aw, how nice of you for taking them in Tonya! yep, they must be smart doggies if they found your house. i cant wait to see the pics!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

No, I can't keep them. Of course, I would never have the heart to turn that old retriever to a shelter though. She's deaf also, btw. I'd probably keep them until I found a good home.

Thank you Wolfie!

Poor pups! Not teeth, how is that possible! Well, at least they will be taken care of with you, they are safe with you, I know for sure! Are you going to keep them? Keep us updated! Thanks!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Well arent you just THE angel with no fur for taking them in,,, You are a good person and I slaute you!!!!

I am no angel! Just a sucker for animals! I just took them for a walk around the block. The retriever fell three times. I really don't think she walked far to get to my house. No one in the neighborhood recognizes them. I hope no one dumped them off here!

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by Tonya
    I am no angel! Just a sucker for animals! I just took them for a walk around the block. The retriever fell three times. I really don't think she walked far to get to my house. No one in the neighborhood recognizes them. I hope no one dumped them off here!

awwwwwwww...... that breaks my heart,, poor lil thing,, I bet you someone did indeed dump them,, if the poor guy couldnt even manage around the block,,,,,,, sigh,,,,, I still say yer an angel,, you didnt have to keep them,, you could have taken them to the shelter,, but you didnt,,, you were extra wonderful and took them in anyways,, even if it is until you find some place new,,, any idea how old the retriever is? Or the other one,, a pittie? Man,, wish I was closer,, I would take them both!!!!!

I'm not a very good judge. But she doesn't walk well, she's deaf (or pretends to be ), the few teeth that she has left are rotten or worn down to the gum, and her face is entirely grey. How old do golden retrievers live until? My guess is she's that old. 15?

The pit mix doesn't look all that pit. That is just the only breed in it that I can tell for sure. She is a smaller dog, and you can tell she has had pups for sure. She is BAD with cats. She lost her inside privledges already.

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by Tonya
    I'm not a very good judge. But she doesn't walk well, she's deaf (or pretends to be ), the few teeth that she has left are rotten or worn down to the gum, and her face is entirely grey. How old do golden retrievers live until? My guess is she's that old. 15?

The pit mix doesn't look all that pit. That is just the only breed in it that I can tell for sure. She is a smaller dog, and you can tell she has had pups for sure. She is BAD with cats. She lost her inside privledges already.
    And I am kind of thinking that their owners don't speak English. They are by far way to old and well behaved to not know any basic commands.

Thank you Wolfie!