Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come On In For A Visit To My Condo

Come On In For A Visit To My Condo

Hi everyone. Since Kim and I never seem to be online at the same time she wanted me to go ahead and start this thread myself.
    I live in a condo and they used to be apartments before they were converted into condos. I have a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom condo which is the largest that they have here. Since living in CA is so expensive I rent the other bedroom out and it also has it's own bathroom across the hall. My condo needs some improvements and redecorating done so it's not as luxurious as the other homes I've seen on Pet Talk. Let's get the tour started.

This is the front of my building. I'm standing across the street.

This is a closer view. The mailboxes are on the right and since it's a security building there's a call box on the left that will ring my phone so I can buzz up a visitor.

This is the lobby. The laundry room is down the hall to the right and it has 6 washers and 6 dryers. There's also an elevator on the left so if you're moving in or carrying heavy things it's a life saver.

There are 3 floors to each building and there are 4 buildings in the complex. I live on the second floor. Now we'll need to go up some stairs and we'll be entering my hallway. Some people think that this looks like a hotel.

This is my front door. Now lets take a peek inside. Please be sure to close the door behind you so the cats don't get out.

This is my kitchen. Before I moved in the cabinets were orange. I'm sorry it's kind of dark but I couldn't get a good picture of it. As you can see Sunny is being a nawtee cat.

This is my hallway leading to the living room and dining room area. I'm standing at the end of the hall and behind me to my right is my bedroom and up a little to the right is the second bedroom. To the left is the hall bathroom. My bathroom is attched to my bedroom. I guess Storm wants to say hello.

Don't go away. More pictures are coming up.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 06-20-2004 at 03:05 PM.

This is my living room/cat room. I covered my couch to help make it cat proof.

Here's another view of the living room. Behind the cat trees is my balcony. The cats love to sit on their cat trees and watch birds.

This is my dining room. I added the ceiling fan to help keep it cooler in the summer.

Here's a close up view of the dining room. My RB Pepper used to jump up and try to knock down the butterfly thats on the wall. Sometimes he'd succeed.

This is the room that I rent out. The bed, dresser, and lamps are mine. Unfortunately I learned that my current roommate has to move out because she was laid off. She's married and owns a house in the Sacramento area so she wants to try to find work out there. I'm sorry to see her go because she also loves cats and has one of her own. Sky still thinks that this is his room because this is where I kept him for the first 2 weeks.

Here's another view of the room.

More pictures are coming up.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 06-20-2004 at 03:07 PM.

Here's my bedroom/cat room.

Here's a view of the front of my bed.

Here's my computer area and t.v. I spend a lot of my time here.

Now lets go outside. This is the side view of part of my building. You can see my balcony on the left hand side. The silver toyota corolla is mine too.

Here's a closer view of my balcony. I recently bought a birdfeeder and now my cats have their own cat t.v.

Now we're out front again. This is the courtyard. Let's go inside and see what's inside.

More pictures are coming up.

WOW! that is an awesome cat tree complex you have there!

I love the area of Cali where you live...I have visited in the areas of San Jose', Freemont, Monterey, Carmel Valley, and SF. I checked out moving to the Bay area at one point, but I just couldn't swing it financially at the time. Now I am pretty firmly rooted in Kansas City...until my son is out of college and out of the house. a few more years or so. Then Mom might just relocate!

This is the yard and pool area located on the other side of my condo. I have a view of the parkinglot. My complex has 2 pools, a hot tub, a club house, and a tennis court.

Here's the smaller of the 2 pools that's located closer to my condo.

Now we'll walk across the parkinglot and enter the other side of the complex. Here's a brand new hot tub. They just opened it memorial day weekend.

Here's the large pool. It's kind of clover shaped.

Here's the clubhouse or Cabana. People can rent this out for parties and meetings. It has a big screen t.v., pool table, ping pong table, and a work out room in the back. It also has a kitchen and bathrooms with showers and a sauna room. Maybe this could be future place for a Pet Talk Meeting to take place.

Here's a view of the grounds looking towards the large pool with the clubhouse on the left.

Here's the tennis court. I couldn't get inside because they're going to start resurfacing it soon.

That's all. I hope you enjoyed the tour. I enjoyed your visit. Now does anyone want to be my new roommate?
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 06-20-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Wow, Katz, I love your condo! I think I would stay in the pool most of the time! They are really beautiful. I love your home, it is really nice! Thanks for inviting me into your beautiful home!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Thanks! That is a beautiful place you have! What a lovely apartment and grounds - wow!! I have only visited California once long ago and it is so far away!!! I enjoyed my tour and think this is so much fun I can sure tell a lover lover extraordinaire lives there!!

WOW KAK! What a cool place to live! You have a very nice condo both inside and out!! Yes, I would come be your room mate in a minute if that big handsome boy would snuggle with me every night!
    The whole place is great! I think the kitties have a wonderful home full of cat trees and beautiful views. I really love your bedroom with that adorable cat quilt!
    The building, the grounds, and your condo are fantastic. I loved my visit with you. Thank you for inviting us to your wonderful home.

I think I would have to take Sky and hang out at the pool!

You have a marvelous condo! I love the complex and its amenities - a pool, hottub and tennis court! It does look like a hotel!

It seems like a very spacious condo and your kitchen's probably bigger than mine! AND you have more bathrooms than I do! LOL I donl't care that I have more bedrooms - you have more of the things I want!!!

I hope you find another roomate soon. I've heard how outrageously expensive your area is.

Are you sure that this is your condo? It could just be that it belongs to the cats and you are allowed to share their space . Just kidding, but it does seem that they are being treated royally. Good for them. They probably treat you pretty good too.

It looks like a very lovely complex with some nice amenities and a good security system. Also you are in an ideal climate which rates pretty high on my scale of amenities. Your condo looks very comfortable for the cats as well as you. Good for you in renting out that room to make home ownership a possibility. Smart girl.

Thank you for letting us come into your home. That is a gracious thing for you to do and it is appreciated. One of these days I'm going to get around to inviting people over too.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and yes my cats are treated like royalty and they allow me to live with them.

WOW, what a beautiful complex ... the grounds are gorgeous and well kept and you are right, the entrance looks like a grand hotel! Your condo is so cozy as well .... my kitties would be very jealous if they saw YOUR cat trees!!! WOW! Of course I love your kitty quilt / bedspread!!! I also noticed a very cool looking drumshaped table in your living room!!! I like that!!!

Thank you for a wonderful tour~!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh wow, that's such a beautiful place!!! It's looking huge!!! And all these cat trees - that's a real cat paradise!
    And how nice is it to have these pools - that's just great!! A real cool place where you're living!

Kirsten

Your condo is just beautiful! I love the way you have decorated with lots of kitty things. I remember you posting your bedspread a while back. I think probably people were thronging to Sears after reading your thread! I'll bet they had to offer rain checks! LOL! Wow, a pool too ! - What a nice way to unwind at the end of the day! Thank you for inviting me in. I had a wonderful time.

Wow, what a beautiful place and I love your decor!!!!

You have some of the neatest cat things. Maybe sometime you will give us a feature of your favorite pieces.

Thanks for the tour.

From Decker with Love