Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When it rains, it POURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When it rains, it POURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's now 6:07 a.m. on a Saturday. I'm posting because my cats got me up at 5 a.m. to eat and I had to medicate 3 of them. Why????

Well, let's see...Shortie's right eye is red, irritated and watery with the third eyelid partially showing. That's usually an indication of either she ate something she shouldn't have or it's irritated from a scratch or particle. She has this aversion to eating tape and there was the air conditioner box I tried to make into a little kitty house with tape on it. You guessed it, she ate the tape and now she's not feeling good. I've been putting Tetracyclin in it.

Then there's Mollie Rose, the Boogar Queen. She's on Interferon and Orbax and sneezing all over creation. She's been doing that for a while and everytime she starts, she gets put on the meds.

And last, but CERTAINLY not least is the elusive Lil Eli. He's been blowing out boogars too. The problem with him is that he's a little devil when medicating. I have to wait till I put his food dish down and grab him to shove doxycyclin down his throat. Otherwise he runs and hides. I'm going to get some liquid Amoxicillin from the shelter today which will make it easier to give.

I pray it doesn't go through my entire house or I'm screwed. I just started my job and haven't gotten paid yet (they hold back a week). I'm lucky in that I can get liquid Clavamox and that kinda stuff at the shelter if I ask. Otherwise I'd be up to my eyeballs in vet bills.

Now I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Carrie is doing okay. She wants to come out so badly but I can't let her out because of all the sneezing going on. If she comes down with this, I'm going to have to take her to the shelter till she gets better. They'll be able to put her in better isolation than I can. But I'm getting ahead of myself and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Uh, there goes Mollie now, doing what she does best....ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Someone get me some paper towels!!!!! She's got this long green hawker hanging from her nose!!!!! I can't stand this anymore!!!

Kimlovecats,

Now I know how overwhelmed YOU felt!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

YUCK!
    poor You Donna!!
    Thinking of you!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

POOR KITTIES...

Hope they are all feeling better soon....
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Hang in there, Donna!!! I still have a couple that go back and forth with snotty noses and goopy eyes! It can take a very long time for them to clear up from those nasty viruses! I've given them all their updated shots too, but that only helps so much!
    If you need to talk, just PM or e-mail me!

Hugs to you and yours!
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh poor kitties! I feel so awful when they get the "sneezles" - I feel so helpless! I just wish I could blow their little nosies. Prayers going out your way that they get over whatever it is very soon!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

She's got this long green hawker hanging from her nose!!!!!

A little too graphic here. YUK!!!

I sure hope this passes quickly. And I DO know about when it rains, it pours, this month I had 3 cats also on antibiotics for various things. I've popped so many pills down cats I can do it with my eyes closed. Kisses to all the kitties.

Sorry for being a little too graphic there. I was tired and just plain cranky. I was also a little annoyed. I feel like a mother chasing her children around with Kleenex trying to wipe runny noses.

I got some Amoxi from the shelter and will be giving Eli that. It's MUCH easier than a pill. The trick is catching him before he starts eating. I have another bottle of amoxi that my friend's rabbit was taking. It's still good and has been refrigerated so I know I've got that too.

I'm lucky in that Carrie is isolated from them and hasn't gotten it.

Fortunately, Shortie's third eyelid is no longer showing but still red and watery. I think she got into it with Doogie and got scratched. I've got Teramayacin for that.

Pharmaceuticals are our friends!!!!

Thanks for the support everybody! This too shall pass.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Oh, poor little kitty's! I hope they feel better soon!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

I sure hope your kitties feel better really soon.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Someone get me some paper towels!!!!! She's got this long green hawker hanging from her nose!!!!!
    EWWWWW, now I know why I never had children But come to think of it, I'd rather clean a snotty cat than a snotty kid......(no offence to all the Moms out there.....)
    So sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed and I wish there was something I could do to help. Prayers that everyone gets better soon. And please take care of yourself too!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Here's an update.

5 cats are now sick. It's just gotta run it's course. Shortie's eye problem was cured with Terramayacin and she's fine, unless SHE starts sneezing.

Maya Linn started sneezing tonight so I pushed some Amoxi down her immediately! She's easier to pill though so I might start her on Clavamox pills.

Carrie I am VERY worried about. She's not eating or drinking (her urine odor is VERY strong) even though she's on Amoxi. I think she may be dehydrated. I hope it doesn't turn into pneumonia. When I called the shelter, they told me that if I brought her in, they have no available cages and won't be able to keep her. When I asked them to define "keep" her they said they'd probably euthanize her because of her age!!!!! I asked them if they could find another foster home for her and they said there were none.

What am I gonna do?????? I could never LIVE with myself if that happened!!

Doogie is on Amoxi as well. I feel like I'm running a kitty hospital. Booger Medical Center

I'm trying to stay as calm and unnerving as I can while learning a new job. HELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!

Can you force feed Carrie? Mixing canned food (or baby food) with nutri-cal and water could help her stay hydrated until she feels well enough to eat on her own. As you well know, if they can't smell, they won't eat, so sustaining them until they WILL eat is what is important. When Amber had an URI she did not eat for days, and I too, worried. Hang in there, this too will pass. PM me if I can help with Carrie in any way.

I called the shelter this morning and talked to my friend Cathy, the vet tech that I work with there.

I told her what was going on with Carrie. She's not eating, not drinking and is depressed at what her @#$%$*& did to her. She is dehydrated and won't come out from under the bed.

Cathy explained to me that Carrie has lost her will to live. She misses her old life and is VERY unhappy in her new one with me, no matter how much I try to love her and pay attention to her. Since it has been over 3 days of not eating and stuff, she told me it would be in Carrie's best interest to bring her back to the shelter and let her go to the Rainbow Bridge and be happy. If I wait much longer, her kidneys and liver will start shutting down.

I am SO torn about this. I love this old lady and have tried EVERYTHING to make her happy, comfortable and at home. She's miserable. And Jen, I tried doing what you suggested and it didn't work.

I'm devastated right now and have to keep from crying at work. I feel like I failed Carrie as well as her scumbag family "(. I insisted that I be there when she leaves, as I don't want her to think I didn't care because I do.

Please don't hate me for letting Carrie go to the RB. I've only had her a week and love her so much and it's just eating at my gut to have to do this.

Donna, We could never hate you for letting Carrie go to RB. Sometimes we have to do what we think is best for them. Remember that Carrie will be happy and healthy at RB. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is very difficult for you.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Poor dear Carrie. She is, simply put, dying of a broken heart. I know how much you love her and how much you have tried to give her a happy home for her last years. I can't bring myself to say "let her go," but that may be the greatest kindness now.
    I hope your other kitties are getting better.
    Steffi and Lovable