Thread: Exceptionally Bad Cruelty Case

Exceptionally Bad Cruelty Case

If you haven't already heard, there is a very, very bad cruelty case in New York regarding a FAMILY abusing rabbits they were raising for food, that just happened to be caught on film. The story is not for the sensitive soul.

Basically the rabbits were tossed to the family dog, and karate chopped by the Dad....then skinned alive while conscious, screaming in agony.

Everyone on POTD has such compassion and rage at animal cruelty cases I am asking for your help along with The House Rabbit Society..... please send a Polite (I don't know if I am capable of this!!) letter be sent IMMEDIATELY to the District Atttory of Suffolk County New York.

The House Rabbit Soc web page addrs is www.rabbit.org....the HRS story has been cleaned up a bit so that as bad as the story is, it's still an incredibly ugly picture.....

Even if you are not a rabbit lover, this sort of horrible cruely to any animal HAS to stop. The sickening part of the whole thing is that even with a maximum sentence we're still only looking a one year jail time. This is not an acceptable sentence for ANY animal cruely case.

Please, please help with this letter writing campaign.....

If you don't wish to read the story, here's the address:
    Thomas J. Spote, District Attorney
    Suffolk County D.A. Office
    Building #77, N Aounty Complex
    Haup0pauge, New York 11787
    Phone 631 853-4161
    Fax 631 853-5117
    Email: [email protected]
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

OMG! I'm in tears!!!

I'll definitely be writing.

Daisy as you know, (unfortunately) not many ppl look/post in the "other-pet" section. I'll post links in the dog, cat, general sections (if you haven't already done so)--I know there are some letter writers out there willing to support this cause!

This is OUTRAGEOUS!

Thank you Zippy for thinking to post this in the other sections of POTD, I had NOT thought of it.

Yeah, it's an incredibly awful, awful story. I guess it's been on TV in NY and in one of the Long Island papers but it's not enough....these people need to hanged by their balls and skinned alive too. Event he animal control office said he'd never seen a cruelty case as bad as this one. Somewhere I have an email addrs with the family's name and who was involved, I'm tempted to go dig it out........
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI

Ugh! That is absolutely disgustingly SICK! What is wrong with these people??? They have no compassion--and nobody and nothing should have compassion on them. GRRRRRR!

The link doesn't work. I'll try to go directly to the House
    Rabbit site. I've heard what was done & want to find out more
    about who these people are who would do such a thing. Also what the legal system plans on charging them with.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

IM ON IT!! I WILL WRITE AS FAST AS MY FINGERS WILL LET ME!!

ok well as soon as it shows me the stinken STORY!! if it isnt too long could you copy paste it on here or pm it to me, please.

@#()%*(*$#^%^@#(%^$*&(%&(#$%@_#(%^@*#&)%@#)$%_@#%# &*)%$(*#@%$*_#%$&@#_%)*#@$&*#%$#%#@(%*$#&%$_&#$%(* #$$*&#@%_@#%&#*%_@%+@$#%)$#&%^(*^@#$*&^@#+%^)@#^%@ #^$_(@#%$(*#%_#@$(#$(+#%$*(@#%*)#%(@#$+)#@^%@(#%!$ +@#^%&#(%!#$^+@#%#@(*$!#+$^#*(%^#@^@#%!+#$^#@(*$%# (@%_#%$+!$(*#%!_(@%#_$(!@%$+!@$!%(&!#$(_^!($%!_@$! *(%&*#%($%@_#$+@#@#($#

It's really rare when I use this many words.!! This is FAR BEYOND sick...there is no word to describe it.

There is a happy bit though- the rabbits are now in a cruel-free happy place. That makes me happy to think about that. I wish I could do that to the people...what fun I would have.

Can't talk about it anymore..........
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Here's the 'condensed' version......
    http://www.rabbit.org/links/sections/cruelty_case.html

here's the 'graphic' version...
    http://www.newsday.com/mynews/ny-lic...194feb13.story

Due to the graphic content, I'm not sure the story should be posted on here... ?

Hey guys... a reminder to sign the petition (it's at the bottom of that first link)!

I couldn't read the whole think - just too sickening for words! I have signed the petition - although I'm NOT American. I have stated that animal cruelty knows no boundaries.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

You Guys Are....

THANK YOU ALL for your care and concern!!! I am overwhelmed at your responses and hopefully these guys are NOT going to get off with a slap on the wrist as happens way too many times with other cases.

I know I'm not saying anything new but we here at POTD need to stick together and react to these animal cruelty cases by contacting the officials involved in each individual case and to reinforce that such behavior is despicable and further, that they (the officials) need to go for the maximum charge and maximum sentence. To do otherwise condones cruelty.

This case has really pushed my buttons. If you know of a cruelty case I think it needs to be posted here at POTD perhaps more prominately than we have done in the past. The subject line needs to show that a response or action is requested. I know most of you have been POTD members longer than I and may feel like this kind of notification has been going on all along but those posts have never really jumped out at me.

I'm very squeamish when it comes to cruely cases and for the most part I find these things incredibly hard to read. However I think we have a responsibility on behalf of our own best two-(birds) and four-footed friends to be more proactive. I know I will be paying much closer attention to such future requests for assistance. Thanks again everyone.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI

An Important Afterthought

I neglected to say that I have put in my letter to the district attorney that I feel the adult family members who stood around and watched the abuse happen and did nothing to protest or stop it....they need to be punished as well.....perhaps some community service. Think about it.....what they did was almost as bad as what the two abusers did. This whole situation disgusting.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI

Daisy, I will certainly email. Thanks for letting me know.