Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cat Has Scab Dry Skin Stomach

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Posts
    4
    Blog Entries
    1

    Cat Has Scab Dry Skin Stomach

    if anyone can tell, I not sure but kinda like small scab brownish on her stomach not sure. Pic attached. THANKSs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Windham, Vermont, USA
    Posts
    40,815
    There is no picture attached, sorry,
    I've Been Frosted

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,485
    Blog Entries
    2

    Lily

    I cannot see a pic either. If I may, I would like to ask if anyone knows anything about my cat Lilyís health issue. Iím not sure how concerned I should be. Today she missed the litter box and peed all over the floor right beside it. Too me it seems too yellow and very smelly. She has done this a few times before over the 5 yrs. Since she was a babe and seems distressed when it occurs. Should I be giving her distilled water instead of tap water. Clearly couldnít hurt. Is it a sign of some illness or distress. She has gained a lot of weight and is a bit obese but never eats people food, Iams and a bit of canned food. I try to get her as much exersize with the laser pointer but not enough Iím afraid. Any tips or suggestions would be welcome my freinds. Thank you. Over and out.

  4. my niece has a cat that periodically missed the litter box when he became fat. fixing him up with a box similar to this solved the issue

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,485
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    my niece has a cat that periodically missed the litter box when he became fat. fixing him up with a box similar to this solved the issue
    Thanks, similar to what?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,485
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Thanks, similar to what?
    Oh, I see now. That sounds like something to consider for sure. Thank you. 😻

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,485
    Blog Entries
    2

    💖

    You know how some cats hate change though. If we get a new box, she might just start peeing on my head when Iím asleep instead of the floor. Never wanna underestimate Lillybell 😹😸

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    You know how some cats hate change though. If we get a new box, she might just start peeing on my head when Iím asleep instead of the floor. Never wanna underestimate Lillybell 
    LOL oh dear. o.o thing is though with some cats if they no longer like something they might avoid it too.
    you could always keep the old box in the same place and such and put the new box somewhere else and see if she'll use it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    20,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia01 View Post
    if anyone can tell, I not sure but kinda like small scab brownish on her stomach not sure. Pic attached. THANKSs
    Hi Ophelia, if it's still there, or if she tries to get at it, get in touch with the vet. They might want to check her out.

    Best wishes to you and kitty!

    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

    -- Terry Pratchett (1948ó2015), Sourcery

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    20,150
    Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I cannot see a pic either. If I may, I would like to ask if anyone knows anything about my cat Lilyís health issue. Iím not sure how concerned I should be. Today she missed the litter box and peed all over the floor right beside it. Too me it seems too yellow and very smelly. She has done this a few times before over the 5 yrs. Since she was a babe and seems distressed when it occurs. Should I be giving her distilled water instead of tap water. Clearly couldnít hurt. Is it a sign of some illness or distress. She has gained a lot of weight and is a bit obese but never eats people food, Iams and a bit of canned food. I try to get her as much exersize with the laser pointer but not enough Iím afraid. Any tips or suggestions would be welcome my freinds. Thank you. Over and out.
    Hi mon, why not check with your vet about all this. They might want to see her.

    Bet wishes to you and Lily!

    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

    -- Terry Pratchett (1948ó2015), Sourcery

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com