Oliver is two years old, and it has been suggested that he could be a Turkish Angora. He lives with us in the new town of George's Brook-Milton, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

Oliver has two blue eyes, and is frequently the case for blue-eyed cats he is totally deaf. He came to us to foster for a rescue organization, but he made it clear that he would only be content living with us.

Oliver is the youngest and largest of our three rescue cats. In common with the description of Turkish Angoras, he likes to occupy the highest spot possible in a room. That could be a chair back, a shoulder, or even the top of an open bi-fold door. If there is something in the way, it's soon on the floor.

One of Oliver's favourite snacks is dog food; our Golden Retriever will let him have a snack from her dish before she steps in to gulp down her meal.

He is very affectionate with my wife and me, but disappears under a bed if anyone comes to the door, and frequently stays there until our guests have left.

People ask about his meow. I would call it unmodulated. He has no idea how loud his voice is, and we are reminded of that when he is feeling lonely or has some other reason to call out. When my wife is in her recliner chair, Oliver thinks it's an invitation to lie down on her chest and have a good loud purr session.
Hello, Oliver in Canada! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous kitty you are! I like your fluffy white fur, and your gem-like blue eyes! You came to your current, now forever, home through a rescue organization; and you decided that it was the perfect place for you to stay! I smiled when I saw the pictures of you on the top platform of your kitty tower, and on your person's shoulder Those are definitely high places! But oh my goodness, the top of an open bi-fold door?! That's a very high place!

You are not a fan of company, and hide until guests have left. You are very affectionate with your people! When your mom is seated in her recliner, that is the time to snuggle and purr! You meow when you are lonely or have something else to call about. I like the pictures of you with your kitty-siblings, too!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Oliver!