Thread: Bruised nail?

Bruised nail?

Sorry for all my posts lately I do have a question though.

I think I first noticed this near the end of November. I thought it would go away, but it didn't so in December when Clover got spayed I asked them to look at it. They said it was fine, she probably just hit or something. It hasn't gotten ANY better. Has this happened to your dogs? Any idea what it is? What caused it?

I asked in a different forum, they said her nails are too long and I need to trim them a lot. Problem is (maybe you cant tell from this photo) but they aren't that long. She wears them dog a lot from running. The quick comes down right to the end, with maybe a TINY bit of white at the end. You can see in the 1st picture. It looks like a lot of white, but from the side it's not.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

First, don't take anyone else's advice about nails just from the photos. If her nails are not bothering her, or you, they're fine. You can shorten how long the quick is by keeping her nails trimmed regularly, a bit at a time, and then don't worry about it. And as for the bruise on the nail? Once it happens, it take nearly forever to go away - nails grow slowly. Don't fret about it, it doesn't hurt, just looks bad. That's how it works with humans, too, I remember thinking the bruise I got under a nail was never ever going away when I was a kid, but it did!
    I've Been Frosted