Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Big horses meet little girls (cute!)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    1,078

    Big horses meet little girls (cute!)

    I swear...the bigger the horses get at my barn, the gentler they become.

    This is Hopper, a 17.3hh Dutch Warmblood (I would TOTALLY buy this horse if I had the funds. He is absolutely flawless)


    And this is George, my trainer's Thoroughbred jumper (he's done 5' without too much effort)


    The big guys are so gentle with the little kids! The little girl was actually riding Hopper around and he couldn't care less!

    Meanwhile, I'm on the little 11hh pony to try and convince him to stop dumping kids:
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern cyberspace
    Posts
    1,967
    How much is your trainer asking for Hoppper? How old is he?

    He's certainly a great looking horse, love his size.
    Asiel

    I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

    I've been Boo'd----

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Windham, Vermont, USA
    Posts
    39,726
    Yes, the draft horses are sweetest, as over the eons they have been bred for gentler temperament. The smaller horses were bred for different things, stamina, speed, etc., ....
    I've Been Frosted

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,130
    Ha ha, Melanie, you need to trade horses with the little girl! Those are some big horses!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy.Lacey.Angel.Missy

  5. #5
    What sweet horses!

    I remember when we were talking about getting a pony for my oldest son. Everyone told us "don't get a pony, get a horse". We ended up getting an older rescued quarter horse and she's the most gentle and amazing horse I could have imagined, especially for a mare. She's got some scars on her face and definitely not going to win any beauty contests, but she's amazing with our kids. My 4 year old rides her and even my 20 month old sits on her while either my husband or I lead her around. She's so great with them.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    How much is your trainer asking for Hoppper? How old is he?

    He's certainly a great looking horse, love his size.
    I'm not sure how much they're asking. You'd have to contact her. He's an 8yr old, 17.3hh Dutch Warmblood though, schooling 4'. I don't think it says the price on our website, either (http://www.oaklandhillsfarm.com/sales.htm)

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Ha ha, Melanie, you need to trade horses with the little girl! Those are some big horses!
    I know, right?!?! I was schooling a 14hh pony last night and this little girl was riding Lily, who's roughly 16. I swear, it's ridiculous sometimes! That was after a ride from Hell on Gunner though, who's a normal sized horse, so I wasn't gonna complain about an "easy" ride with the pony.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix View Post
    What sweet horses!

    I remember when we were talking about getting a pony for my oldest son. Everyone told us "don't get a pony, get a horse". We ended up getting an older rescued quarter horse and she's the most gentle and amazing horse I could have imagined, especially for a mare. She's got some scars on her face and definitely not going to win any beauty contests, but she's amazing with our kids. My 4 year old rides her and even my 20 month old sits on her while either my husband or I lead her around. She's so great with them.
    The best horse at our barn is, without a doubt, Lily. She's a full sized horse and parents are always worried about letting their kids get on, but she is an ANGEL! I swear, she puts up with everything!

    My barn just uploaded a video of Vivian riding Hopper - SO CUTE! I love that he's just hacking around on a loose rein
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=megj1...nWZbQTFJ8fQCJk
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    kiel -germany
    Posts
    2

    Winnie Puh

    Hi, look at the "Pet of the day" 21st of Janary 2012... Do you know what I mean?

Similar Threads

  1. Meet the New Girls *pics*
    By Christmas_Hamster in forum Pet General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 12:14 AM
  3. CUTE pics of my girls!
    By shais_mom in forum Dog General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 08:47 AM
  4. Meet my sis's horses!
    By Maya & Inka's mommy in forum Pet General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 04:46 PM
  5. meet the girls
    By Honkers36 in forum Pet General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 02:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com