Hello All!
I am new here!
My name is Pat and I'm from New Jersey. I am a middle-aged housewife, married 29 years, no human children, many pets over the years.
Currently, I am "Mom" to 5 female felines. My girls are strictly indoors only, all spayed and not declawed.
Philly is my oldest at just over 4 years old. She was first heard in the woods across from my house, and then finally spotted, snatched up (gently) and brought in to our home in 2005. She was our 'first' cat after an absence of cats for 7 years. We had planned to allow our aging Jack Russell Terrier at that time to finish her life as Queen of the House with no other pets, but finding Philly changed those plans. Philly was named so because of my husbands and my being phans of the Philadelphia Phillies...it was baseball season and I was closing the house up to go to bed after a winning game on tv when I first heard Philly crying over there in the woods. She was roughly 8 weeks old when I found her. Philly is mostly black with a white locket and white "bikini markings" on her underside.

After our Jack Russell Terrier passed, we adopted black & white tuxie littermate sisters, Kit and Molly. They were 10 weeks old upon adoption. Kit and Molly were born to a feral cat on the property of one of my vets' clients and the litter was brought in to the small adoption center my vet has in the lobby of the practice. They are now 2 1/2 years old. Molly sustained an injury to her eye sometime before she was brought into the adoption center, so we don't know what happened, but it doesn't seem to bother her much. Kit's full name is Kitler because she has a mustache just like Hitler. She was named Kitler by the vet techs who cared for her and my husband liked the name, but I shortened it to Kit. Molly was being called Puss-oulini, HAD to change that name!

Then in the Spring of 2008 I found a pretty "torbie" cat in our barn loft and then found that she had 3 kittens with her. The kittens were about 5-6 weeks old. I cared for them in the barn loft for about 10 days then got permission from my husband to bring them into a spare room of our home. I got them all to the vets for a check-up and the start of their shots, worming etc. I attempted to find homes for all but the girl kitten, a gray tabby. We'd been entertaining thoughts of looking to adopt a gray cat as we'd never had a gray cat in all our years of loving cats. I didn't have a lot of luck finding homes. We ended up keeping the mom cat, whom we named Tiger Lily. And the gray tabby, whom we named Piper. The boy kittens went all the way to Massachusettes with the help of a friend, where they went to a reliable adoption center. They were adopted together to an indoor only, no declaw home. Tiger Lily is vet estimated to be about 2 1/2 years old, and Piper is roughly 1 1/2.

So, that's my story! Looking forward to participating in the forums here with some regularity once the busy summer season is over!