Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half Blind robin baby. *More pics*

Half Blind robin baby. *More pics*

Today I found this little Guy/girl woundering around the streets and people just staring and saying how cute it is well I didnt do that I picked this robin baby up to see why it was on the ground.Well it seems one eyes is blind becase when I shake my hand on that side it does not react but on the other it does and also its white In the middle.

I took it home and fed him/her some yummy food and after that it explored.

The blind eye.

Last edited by Argranade; 07-12-2006 at 08:10 PM.

What are you going to do with it? With one blind eye I can see it succombing to predation very easily.

Im not shur It can not be released with that eye because it wont be able to fly properly so I may call the wilflife centre and ask what they think but if the eye was fine I would release the robin later on like I do with most baby birds.

I may end up keeping this robin dont want anything bad to happen to it.

poor bird! s/he is really cute! it's so great that you help all these birds!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Poor bird! I'm glad you too her in, she's sure cute! So, you're keeping her?

S/he won't be able to see worms with one side either. Robins don't find food by hearing, they tilt their heads to see with their eyes- which are on the sides of their head.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Let me know what the wildlife center has to say. I hope the best for that beautiful bird!!!! Our State Bird of course!!!!!

I've never known any one to keep a Robin. Considering it's blind eye, your finding him/her was a blessing!!!!! I'd like to hear more about this Robin as time goes on. More pictures please

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39
    Let me know what the wildlife center has to say. I hope the best for that beautiful bird!!!! Our State Bird of course!!!!!

I've never known any one to keep a Robin. Considering it's blind eye, your finding him/her was a blessing!!!!! I'd like to hear more about this Robin as time goes on. More pictures please
    Well right now I have not phoned them but so far this robin is ok and doing great the other robin jack has also grown alot and can eat on his own.

Ill get some pics of both Jack and this half blind robin later.

I think you should name the new one Batman. Batman the Robin. Yes I do have an odd sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Argranade
    Well right now I have not phoned them but so far this robin is ok and doing great the other robin jack has also grown alot and can eat on his own.

Ill get some pics of both Jack and this half blind robin later.
    Oh, Thank-You so much, That would be great because I do want you to keep the Little Blind Robin anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklecoon
    I think you should name the new one Batman. Batman the Robin. Yes I do have an odd sense of humor.
    Or, instead of Puss N' Boots, she might call it, Rob N' Boots!!!

She will no doubt give this bird a wonderful name!!!!!

Poor little guy/girl.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

It sorta looks from the picture like it has a cataract in that eye? Or at least one of my rats that had cataracts, when you took a pic of him, his eye had that grey looking area in his eye.

Last edited by molucass; 07-12-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: add a pic of rat

Ok I got somemore pics and I plan on keeping the little Guy/girl safe with me since it wont be able to fly properly or eat in the wild.

So lets start with Jack my first robin I got and he shur has grown alot.

Now the other half blind and I do need to think of a name for this robin lol.

Oh and I threw In a pic of Bearclaw and Im sorry to say but her brother Windigo had flown off I hope he is safe but if he returns Ill say so.

Oh forgot this one.