Thread: Rabbit Question

Rabbit Question

For all those rabbit owners or people who have owned rabbits before, I've been meaning to ask this question for awhile, and what I wrote in my thread "Me and Kishii are trying something new" reminded me to ask it lol.

I was wondering, do bunnies ever really sleep at all? Everytime I wake up during the night she still has her eyes open, I barely ever see them closed and I"ve never seen her truely sleep. My old rabbit Baby from years ago, she use to fall asleep right in my arms, but when she was in her cage, she still never 'fully' slept like cats do and stuff.

Do rabbits not need much sleep, or do they sleep with their eyes open?

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

We all need sleep or we'd eventually die. Yep, it is possible to die from a lack of sleep. Maybe she's a light-sleeper and wakes up at the slightest noise.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Rabbits do sleep or like husky15 said they would die rabbits usally wake to the slight sound

Good question!!!
    A pet is for life not for christmas

If you BUY you give an animal a home, if you ADOPT/REHOME you give an animal a life

LOL of course they sleep Tedd dose the full out bunny flop where hes on his side his head is down and his eyes are closed. It always looks like he's dead. I've never seen Baby sleeping yet. They just wake up really easily at the slightest noises.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    LOL of course they sleep Tedd dose the full out bunny flop where hes on his side his head is down and his eyes are closed. It always looks like he's dead. I've never seen Baby sleeping yet. They just wake up really easily at the slightest noises.
    Wow I wonder how bunnies aren't tired if they always wake up over pretty much everything? I would die of tiredness lol. That must be cute when Tedd is sleeping like that

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Cadbury sleeps a pretty good bit. I walk up and he usually wakes up (I guess he gets wakened easily) but I cathc him alseep every now and then.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*