Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drama Drama Drama!!!

Drama Drama Drama!!!

I got a call from a friend of mine this morning. Her sister, who runs a business with her husband, rescued 3 feral tabbies this morning that were INFESTED with fleas. I, being the person that I am, ran to a nearby vet and got some shampoo (concentrated with Eucalyptus) at $10 (included a flea come, wow!!). I got there and could not believe the fleas!! We dipped them and began picking fleas off of them. What a nighmare!! I finally said that's it!! I called my vet and begged for him to see them and he said bring them in.

3 of them are 4 weeks old, 2 boys and 1 girl. We stopped by the place where they were caught and there was another baby just laying on the sidewalk minding his own business. My friend put out a can of wet food and he went for it. I snuck up behind him while he was chowing down and threw a towel over him. He's not that feral, just scared. He's 7 weeks old and in better shape than the babies are. All have mild heart murmurs, possibly from the anemia from the fleas. You shoulda SEEN the rinse water!! BLECH!!!

All 4 are now at my vet getting sub-q fluids, Capstar for the fleas. I have to pick them up tomorrow (I have to call in the morning) in the afternoon.

Dr. Geer, who I have been going to since my very first cat, agreed to treat them as one "unit" (unit meaning cat) and the only cost would if IF they need medicine. So I'll be charged for a night's stay, sub-q fluids, Capstar ($10/pill, 1 for each cat = $40) and an office visit.

Just what I need right now. I've been calling non-profits to see if I can get donations for their care. So far no one is calling me back. I have never seen it this bad! We still have 2 more to rescue, and trap both mothers and have them fixed (I can get spay vouchers from Helping Paws that she gets from the Dept. of Ag). I know the bill will be over $100 but not sure how much over. I'll find out tomorrow. Hoperfully, Dr. Geer will allow me a payment plan. He's good that way.

I wish I could've taken pictures, but never seem to have my camera with me when these things pop up.

I can't wait till kitten season is over!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You're doing a great thing, Donna. Don't despair. It'll come together.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary,

I know but I get SOOOOOOO frustrated at these stupid STUPID people who just don't care and allow this to happen, instead of taking responsibility.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Are any of the babies anemic with all the fleas!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Mary,

I know but I get SOOOOOOO frustrated at these stupid STUPID people who just don't care and allow this to happen, instead of taking responsibility.
    I know, Donna, truly. It does get frustrating and the cats always get the worst of it. But look who's taking care of them. You are and there's not a better person for the job.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

kb2jyx,

The three tabbies were severely anemic. The little tuxie who is 3 weeks older, wasn't as bad.

Mary,

Once they're treated, they'll be going to Kitty Angels, a shelter, who will place them (2 already have permanent homes). My friend will call me tomorrow when she's caught the other 2 babies. They too will go to Kitty Angels.

Drama Drama

You are doing a great job and although at times it seems very discouraging, keep up the good work. It is so important that we do all we can for the feral cats of the world. I have three living in my house. They were very small during the winter and they snuck in my house through a hole in my basement. Now they are full grown and although I am not allowed to pet two of them, they have been such a joy to watch. One finally let me pet her after four months and that was a great feeling. Thanks to everyone here, they are all spayed. It is hard to turn down any animal that needs help. I am so glad there are people like you in the world to help the homeless animals. Keep up the good work.

We all know how frustrating it can be, but hang in there. I can't think of a better person to take care of these babies.
    The CREW especially Baily, ET, and Bart are sending our support and well wishes. If we can help please let us know.
    When you found Bailey I had to take him, with Bailey came Lenny. then you found Bart & Et, we have tried too give them the best home we can. as you can see they all love the cat couch. Bart is just a big big love bug (25 lb) Et still lets everyone know when she is not happy. Bailey is the grumpy old man and does not others around him, but loves a good pet & scratch.
    I just wanted you too know that your hard work and kindness is well worth the trouble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAILEY052008a.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	516.5 KB 
ID:	39563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAILEY 2008-02-08 00005.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	39564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BART052008a.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	488.0 KB 
ID:	39565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BART061108b.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	39566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ET_LEN080523a.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	300.8 KB 
ID:	39567  

GILL & Crew;

Oh Donna, I am so glad you have helped these little babies! ((((BIG HUGS))))
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

If you want to post the # for the Vet, I'd be happy to pitch in

Oh MoonandBean,

I really appreciate your offer. The whole bill, which my vet did an awesome job at, came to $160. That's for 4 kittens!!!!!! The three of us managed to scrape up $40. He is a God send and I will be sending him a thank you card. I'm also going to write a letter to the editor regarding kitten season an what the three of us girls went through to get these babies healthy and in good homes. Any other vet would've raked us over the coals.

Dr. Geer, who has been my vet for years (and my Dad's vet previously), is allowing me to make payments on the balance of $120. The vet is Colchester Veterinary Hospital and the bill is under Ploss. If you talk to Tracy (860-537-3435), she knows of them (fell in love with the tiniest one) she can help. I've already called a couple of rescue places asking for ANY donation they can give. So far no one is calling me back. That is kitten season for ya.

I managed to get two spay/neuter vouchers from my friend at Helping Paws. Between now and Thursday, we're going to try and trap as many adults (there are 3, we think) and have them fixed. There are still two babies to be caught as well. Our work isn't quite done yet.

I was up at the butt crack of dawn picking up the the kits and bringing them to my friend. We then went to Kitty Angels. They are now in good hands.

I cry thinking of how cruel SOME people are to animals.

I also want to thank everyone on PT for listening to me vent. You guys are the best and I love you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    If you want to post the # for the Vet, I'd be happy to pitch in
    Me too - you are doing such a wonderful thing for all your rescues
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I will call your vet today and make a payment on your account. Thanks so much for saving those kitties...they were sure to die without you

MoonandBean and Brody's Mum,

Thank you so much for your generous offers!!! I've called Tracie and told her there may be a donation coming in for the kittens. She said she'll let the staff know.

I will never be able to thank you guys enough for being there for me!! It gives me a faith that not all people are bad.

I love you guys!!!

How do I make my donation?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk