Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: evolution is bogus

The only state in the USA that is allowed to fly its flag as high as the American flag...Texas.

evolution is bogus

i thing evoulution is based on conjectures, who can prove me wrong?

So how do you think we, and other organisms, have adapted to fit our environments? I'm just curious as to why you think it's "bogus". To me, it's clearly obvious that evolution has taken place...

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

The only state in the USA that is allowed to fly its flag as high as the American flag...Texas.
    the seventh of the conjectures that evolutionists base their facts on is this:within the vertebrates the fish gave rise to amphibia, the amphibia to reptiles and the reptiles to birds and mammals.

so what you are saying is that a dinosaur changed into a monkey?

I don't really think of it that way..I think at some point we started out perhaps as single cell organisms and over how much time it turns into things..like one type might evolve into a fish were as something else into something different..I duno, I'm weird, but I don't think dinosaurs evolved into thingies today per say..seeing they got extinct and all..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

No one can prove you wrong without having a time machine. You're entitled to believe what you would like but I have to question your motivations in starting this thread.

Originally posted by lotrfreak
    so what you are saying is that a dinosaur changed into a monkey?
    no...

since I find it hard to put this into my own words...

"It is time for students of the evolutionary process, especially those who have been misquoted and used by the creationists, to state clearly that evolution is a fact, not theory, and that what is at issue within biology are questions of details of the process and the relative importance of different mechanisms of evolution. It is a fact that the earth with liquid water, is more than 3.6 billion years old. It is a fact that cellular life has been around for at least half of that period and that organized multicellular life is at least 800 million years old. It is a fact that major life forms now on earth were not at all represented in the past. There were no birds or mammals 250 million years ago. It is a fact that major life forms of the past are no longer living. There used to be dinosaurs and Pithecanthropus, and there are none now. It is a fact that all living forms come from previous living forms. Therefore, all present forms of life arose from ancestral forms that were different. Birds arose from nonbirds and humans from nonhumans. No person who pretends to any understanding of the natural world can deny these facts any more than she or he can deny that the earth is round, rotates on its axis, and revolves around the sun."
    - R. C. Lewontin

"A few words need to be said about the 'theory of evolution,' which most people take to mean the proposition that organisms have evolved from common ancestors. In everyday speech, 'theory' often means a hypothesis or even a mere speculation. But in science, 'theory' means 'a statement of what are held to be the general laws, principles, or causes of something known or observed.' as the Oxford English Dictionary defines it. The theory of evolution is a body of interconnected statements about natural selection and the other processes that are thought to cause evolution, just as the atomic theory of chemistry and the Newtonian theory of mechanics are bodies of statements that describe causes of chemical and physical phenomena. In contrast, the statement that organisms have descended with modifications from common ancestors--the historical reality of evolution--is not a theory. It is a fact, as fully as the fact of the earth's revolution about the sun. Like the heliocentric solar system, evolution began as a hypothesis, and achieved 'facthood' as the evidence in its favor became so strong that no knowledgeable and unbiased person could deny its reality. No biologist today would think of submitting a paper entitled 'New evidence for evolution;' it simply has not been an issue for a century." - Douglas J. Futuyma

... I hope that's enough... I don't want to get into a big debate about this... I had enough of doing that in the past

Originally posted by Soledad
    You're entitled to believe what you would like but I have to question your motivations in starting this thread.
    I was wondering that myself...

Well put Soledad!

Lotrfreak, I am finding that I don't want to engage in debate with you, simply because of the challenging manner in which you phrased your post.
    I think I'll pass, for now. I will, however, continue to watch this thread for the time being.

Originally posted by Soledad
    No one can prove you wrong without having a time machine. You're entitled to believe what you would like but I have to question your motivations in starting this thread.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

"i thing evoulution is based on conjectures, who can prove me wrong?"

My question is why should we care what you think ? To quote
    Rett Butler " Frankly Scarlette, I don't give a damn." Go argue
    with someone else.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

it does sound like you are just trying to irritate people. this is suposed to be a pet site, and even tho there are non-pet sections, for your first posts to be something like this. ...
    have you even told us about your pets or posted a pic?

surely there are better sites to vent your frustrations with reality............

Originally posted by lbaker
    surely there are better sites to vent your frustrations with reality............
    I second that...

glad to be christian in this time and age!!!!!!!

you have probably picked-up from my user name that i am a christian. i dont want to start a fight, but state my own opinions. so dont take my head off!!! i know that we did not just happen, look around, everything is so complicated, so unique!! how does the bird no when to fly south??? instincts, you will say, but where did those insticts come from??? from a higher power??? yes, from God!! how come we use words, and animals use sounds, because we have souls. yes, they communicate, but not in words. i would rather think that we did not just happen, but were made causes God wanted to spend time with us. what is the point of living if there is nothing to live for??? no one to please but youself. sounds like fun, but that can get boring after a while. sure, i believe in adaptions but not evolving. did you know that Darwin proved himself wrong and told everyone to forget about evolution?? no i did not read this in a christian book, but a secular author that did not believe in God. so i bet that sheds a new light on evolution.

the real question is not where we come from, but where do we go from here?????
    Abby's and Sandy's mom!!!!

what is this day and age come too??? have you all gone nuts??? you are beating up on a newcomer, when we are suppose to be nice and friendly, for stating her own opinions!!! i just cant believe it!!!

also, you quoted that person, which is also nuts as far as i am concered, saying something about 800 million years ago there was nothing. you are partially true. there was no animals and humans, but there WAS A GOD!!!!!!! i dont care what you think, either, i just prefer putting it in a nicer way, since i fallow the golden rule, not the "swear when i feal like swearing cause everybody else does" rule. how does it feel to be on the outside looking, thinking you have it better??? would you rather be in the inside looking out trying to help others get where you are instead of being stubborn??? well, you heard my bit, that is true by the way.

i would rather fight it out with you, cause, in the end i will win in two reasons. one, either you wont answer, or i will keep going til you quit, and two, i will be with God knowing that i tried my best to get you to see the light.

Love to all!!!!!!! even if you dont accept it!!!!!
    Abby's and Sandy's mom!!!!

Originally posted by slleipnir
    I don't really think of it that way..I think at some point we started out perhaps as single cell organisms and over how much time it turns into things..like one type might evolve into a fish were as something else into something different..I duno, I'm weird, but I don't think dinosaurs evolved into thingies today per say..seeing they got extinct and all..
    you are going to think i am crazy, but dinos arent extinct!!! and there was only two kinds, not the nine billion that the scientists have lead you to believe!!! i have seen and heard live pics and sounds of them. dont laugh, it is true!!! i know it sounds funny, but i am not crazy!!!
    Sandy and Abby's Mom!!

Jesus Saves!!!!!