Thread: Worrying

Worrying

I worry WAY too much, and I was wondering if you guys had some tips on how to not worry so much. I will sometimes lay awake at night worrying/thinking and once or twice I have dreamt about the stuff that I am worrying about. So I was wondering you had some tips on how to worry less. Thanks!

As me and you were disscusing about, I too will worry all night about stupid stuff sometimes. Sometimes I try to think of something different or trying to sleep. -shrugs-

I can relate to you alot here. I am a little bit on the 'over-worrying' side. Whenever I get upset/worried, I just turn on the radio to my favorite tunes, invite a bunch of friends over, and dance to my heart's content. I forget about it instantly, because I am having too much of a good time! Maybe this will work for you? -Love Lexie

I worry quite a bit too sometimes so I don't have any advice for you, sorry I wish I could help.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Originally posted by Amber
    As me and you were disscusing about, I too will worry all night about stupid stuff sometimes. Sometimes I try to think of something different or trying to sleep. -shrugs-
    LOL...thats what made me start this thread, what we were talking about.

Paul insists I don;t even know the meaning of the word "worry" as I am a complete amateur compared to him, and he worries less than his mother, who is a pro.

Right before going to bed, get a piece of paper and pen and write down a list of everything you are worried about. That way you don;t have to keep thinking about it, and you can relax and go to sleep. It's like a "brain dump" until morning. It's silly but it works!

I believe it may be fair to say that no one worries more then I do. I'm probably one of the best worriers there is. I worry about anything and everything..no matter howsmall or silly. I stay awake for hours worrying. I make myself sick from worrying.

-sigh-

I find listening to music helps distract me if I really like the music. I find myself focusing on the lyrics instead of worries...although sometimes the worrying can be THAT overpowering so I keep turing the volume up.. Other things...hmm...I duno, but let me know if you discover something cause I'd love to know too

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I'm a big worry wart!
    I loose more sleep.
    Sorry can't give you any advice.

----<---<--<{(@

Ha! I wrote the book on worry! Haven't found a solution yet but will be looking forward to some tips.

I've lost countless nights sleep worrying about work, friends (inside and outside of Pet Talk) and family. I don't think I've ever slept more than 4 hours a night for years. Maybe one day things will settle down......
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh what a subject!

Ok I think I started worrying more and more with every birthday!

The older I get the more I'm starting to worry on stupid things. Sometimes I get so bad that end up stressed and nervous. I have this little book called 'The little book of calm' and i open it and read the page. Any page. So let me open it for you:

IGNORE THE PHONE ONCE

You only have to leave a phone ringing once or twice in your life to appreciate the important calls always ring back.
    One less pressure in your life.

On the other page:

GO LIMP

Really tense one set of muscles - such as the arms or legs - then quickly let them go limp. The contrast between 'tense' and 'relaxed' should indicate what 'relaxed' really feels like.
    Dwell on that feeling.

I find also very helpful that when you are passing through a phase of worring, pampering yourself can help ease up the tenshion. Like take some time off work if it is a sunny day and go walking, a message, or a swim. Could be anything that you enjoy doing. This helps me weigh my problem and give it the appropriate energy to go through it, not more.

Good luck!

Oh my........I can't believe they are others like me!
    KAREN.....wrote some good advice but I don't know that it has worked for me. I've written stuff down then "worry" if I wrote everything down or how it was written, so on & so on. I know it's "not healthy" to worry all the time though. My doctor has told me time & time again to let things go! I wish I had the magic to make it just disappear.....for everyone that is!!!!
    TiNa